Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UL SID announced on ESPN a big announcement coming at 9:00am
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
UL SID announced on ESPN a big announcement coming at 9:00am
So, we are all speculating what it is here in Louisville Twitterverse...
https://twitter.com/cn2_Sports/status/37...5659286528

-Clint Hurtt news
-Groundbreaking of a new athletic facility, expansion
-Huge football scheduling series to announce
-Maybe announcement of OOC Kickoff Classic game for 2014
or
-An ACC opener to replace UK for 2014

One of us will be here in 10 minutes to announce the news I'm sure!
08-22-2013 07:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dgrace4cards Offline
All American

RE: UL SID announced on ESPN a big announcement coming at 9:00am
Yeah, I figured this was alittle overhyped....just a donation announcement to the new football academic center to be built soon attached to the stadium. Sorry for the overhype thread. Was hoping for an announcement that would affect one of your teams such as our first ACC game next year to take the place of the UK game.
08-22-2013 08:07 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

08-22-2013 08:08 AM
fsugrad99 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FSU
I'd still bet money that Louisville plays on Labor Day next year, like Pitt this year. Maybe Miami?
08-22-2013 08:22 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I agree, that we'll open up the 2014 season with an ACC game, I don't think it will be Notre Dame, if in fact they want us for that Shamrock Series which usually is in October/November. I think the first game will be one with some hype to it, like you said, and since FSU is already doing it this year with Pitt I don't see you guys asked to do it a second year in a row. I'd say one of Clemson, Miami, or NC State
08-22-2013 08:49 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Life is good now, I cannot wait for the 2014 season and being in the ACC. However, we still have to take care of the 2013-2014 season in the AAC first. 07-coffee3
08-22-2013 10:19 AM
Advertisement

CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
I would love to start an opening season series with Indiana. Would be great for fans in Louisville and southern Indiana. The ACC schedule will be very tough once it starts. Start out OOC with a regional game. If not IU then UC.
08-22-2013 10:40 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

(08-22-2013 10:40 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  I would love to start an opening season series with Indiana. Would be great for fans in Louisville and southern Indiana. The ACC schedule will be very tough once it starts. Start out OOC with a regional game. If not IU then UC.

I personally think that is a waste of a game slot, and can't figure out what the hype to that game is or TJ's hope to sign it up either. I would much rather go after WVU, or another regional school than IU (does nothing for us) Just my opinion though on this.
08-22-2013 12:21 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
(08-22-2013 12:21 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  
(08-22-2013 10:40 AM)CardFan1 Wrote:  I would love to start an opening season series with Indiana. Would be great for fans in Louisville and southern Indiana. The ACC schedule will be very tough once it starts. Start out OOC with a regional game. If not IU then UC.

I personally think that is a waste of a game slot, and can't figure out what the hype to that game is or TJ's hope to sign it up either. I would much rather go after WVU, or another regional school than IU (does nothing for us) Just my opinion though on this.

I think an annual Indiana - Louisville basketball series would probably a better draw. Louisville - Cincy as the season opening game for both schools would definitely be a terrific way to keep the Keg of Nails alive and well.
08-22-2013 12:37 PM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 12:51 PM by Dasville.)
08-22-2013 12:40 PM
gocards#1 Offline
Banned

I'd rather see Indiana than WVU. Indiana is a drivable away game and gives us some exposure in an area we could start recruiting. WVU is in a backwards state that produces little to no talent with arguably the second worst fanbase in the country.

I'm more meh in regards to the Keg of Nails. It's a nice rivalry and all but it's lost its luster the last decade or so and regardless of how you cut it Cincinnati is a mid major school come 2014. I'd be much more interested in starting a new rivalry with an ACC team instead.
08-22-2013 12:44 PM
Advertisement

dgrace4cards Offline
All American

(08-22-2013 12:44 PM)gocards#1 Wrote:  

I'd rather see Indiana than WVU. Indiana is a drivable away game and gives us some exposure in an area we could start recruiting. WVU is in a backwards state that produces little to no talent with arguably the second worst fanbase in the country.

I'm more meh in regards to the Keg of Nails. It's a nice rivalry and all but it's lost its luster the last decade or so and regardless of how you cut it Cincinnati is a mid major school come 2014. I'd be much more interested in starting a new rivalry with an ACC team instead.

Agree with you on the Cincy part....I understand what you are saying on better recruiting area for Indiana vs WV, and agree that the fanbase is a bit off kilter LOL, but at the end of the day for me which of those three teams creates the most hype/excitement for the game locally and nationally, plus will gain the most coming out of the game with a win....for me its an easy answer. So I'll stick with WVU if choosing between those 3 schools.
08-22-2013 12:48 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Well the fan interest in Louisville amongst the Indiana fans working here and the Kentucky fans living here was off the charts before each football and basketball game. Kentucky wimped out after that last loss in Assembly hall. Louisville has an huge avid fan base here as does IU just across the river. I think it would raise fan interest around both states to start the season. Start with Indiana and end with Kentucky. May not peak national ratings but a big party regionally.
08-22-2013 01:16 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(08-22-2013 08:49 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  I think the first game will be one with some hype to it, like you said, and since FSU is already doing it this year with Pitt I don't see you guys asked to do it a second year in a row.

This is at least the 5th time we've been asked to play on Labor Day since 2004. I'd personally love to play UL Labor Day 2014. Get to whip you guys early before you can settle into your post-Bridgewater life, assuming he leaves.

(08-22-2013 12:37 PM)brista21 Wrote:  

I think an annual Indiana - Louisville basketball series would probably a better draw. Louisville - Cincy as the season opening game for both schools would definitely be a terrific way to keep the Keg of Nails alive and well.

I agree. UL and IU is a SNOOZER! I've said on here several times I think those of you who want IU on your schedule are nuts. Glad some of you are speaking up against that nonsense. Your schedule, though. Not mine.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 01:28 PM by Marge Schott.)
08-22-2013 01:24 PM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
UL needs to play Cincy at home next year and then re-open Nippert in 2105. How can you say the Keg of Nails is not an awesome rivalry... Last year UL beats UC in overtime to go to BCS Bowl to get the series back fired up as UC had been out front for the most of the last five years etc. Cincy is in the top 5 most winning programs in the last five years hardly mid-major!
Bets of Luck Cards going to ACC (Your AD is the best in the business), but UL and UC belong together forever!
08-22-2013 01:40 PM
Marge Schott Offline
Banned

I Root For: YouAreButtHurt
(08-22-2013 01:40 PM)Bearcat T Wrote:  UL needs to play Cincy at home next year and then re-open Nippert in 2105.

The hell? Is UC rebuilding the entire city of Cincinnati as part of the reno?

Also, I'd actually watch UC/UL. I'd rather kiss Wilkie's(?) arse than watch IU/UL.
08-22-2013 02:07 PM
Advertisement

dgrace4cards Offline
All American

(08-22-2013 01:40 PM)Bearcat T Wrote:  UL needs to play Cincy at home next year and then re-open Nippert in 2105. How can you say the Keg of Nails is not an awesome rivalry... Last year UL beats UC in overtime to go to BCS Bowl to get the series back fired up as UC had been out front for the most of the last five years etc. Cincy is in the top 5 most winning programs in the last five years hardly mid-major!
Bets of Luck Cards going to ACC (Your AD is the best in the business), but UL and UC belong together forever!

Return trip in 2105......good luck I'll have my pom poms cheering from the heavens above....

As for the rivalry, I mean no disrespect here, but the fact that UL came in and developed an instant rivalry with WVU says something to me to the level the Keg of Nails really is, which has limitations....not really sure what it is, but if you polled a large portion of UL, WVU, and non UC fans I'm not sure you would like the results of which two should play each other every year.

Yes the UL vs UC games have been fun, but they don't get the blood boiling type fun locally/nationally like for some reason the WVU series has done in the past.
08-22-2013 03:20 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
(08-22-2013 01:40 PM)Bearcat T Wrote:  UL needs to play Cincy at home next year and then re-open Nippert in 2105. How can you say the Keg of Nails is not an awesome rivalry... Last year UL beats UC in overtime to go to BCS Bowl to get the series back fired up as UC had been out front for the most of the last five years etc. Cincy is in the top 5 most winning programs in the last five years hardly mid-major!

Where do you come up with this? You are tied for 11th in winning percentage and tied for 13th in number of wins the past 5 years.
08-22-2013 03:27 PM
Hokie Mark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(08-22-2013 02:07 PM)Marge Schott Wrote:  
(08-22-2013 01:40 PM)Bearcat T Wrote:  UL needs to play Cincy at home next year and then re-open Nippert in 2105.

... I'd actually watch UC/UL...

I'm finding myself agreeing with M.S. here - I would watch Cincinnati vs. Louisville, but not Indiana
08-22-2013 03:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I agree, we should play each other every year. 04-cheers
08-22-2013 03:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.