What is "Uber"?
Bookmark and Share
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
What is "Uber"?
[Image: MAR130869.jpg]

Is anyone reading this? It's pretty amazing. 04-rock

I haven't read comics in 20 years, but I picked this one up. Apparently it is getting good revues and has quickly become a hit.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 01:33 PM by Burn the Horse.)
08-06-2013 08:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
RE: Uber
A Brief Introduction to Uber

[Image: may130900.jpg]

- Since I couldn't find a suitable introduction already online, I've decided to do my own right here for SunBeltbbs.

For those who are WWII history buffs like me, you already know the story of what really happened that day in Berlin, 1945. The Fuhrer of the German Reich, Austrian-born Adolf Hitler, killed himself in his bunker beneath the Reich's Chancellery.

He did this as the Soviet Army fought its way through the bombed out streets of Berlin, the Capital of Hitler's Nazi Empire. By the time he committed suicide with his long-time mistress Eva Brauh, decimated German forces were collapsing all across what remained of the Reich. It was over for the Nazis, and Germany would never fully recover from the Shame.

Uber takes its detour here, at the moment Hitler put the pistol to his temple. At this moment Josef Goebbels, Propaganda Minster of the Reich, breaks through the door to stop his Leader. "We are delivered!"

Through years of secret research, Nazi scientists, using slave test subjects, finally discover the keys to a powerful and mysterious new "WanderWaffen" that can turn an ordinary man into an unstoppable force of energy and destruction. These are the Ubermensch.

These "Super Men" do what all of Germany's remaining conventional forces could never hoped to achieve, they saved Berlin. But they didn't stop there, the Ubermensch annihilate the entire Soviet army in Berlin. Now Hitler is drunk with Power.

Can Germany still win the War? How did they develop it? And ultimately..."what the hell is this stuff?!"

So what would the War have been like if this had actually happened? I know it's fantasy, but it is interesting fantasy. The series has been a big hit so far, promising that it will continue. One can't help but draw parallels to The Walking Dead, how it burst onto the scene and became so popular, eventually transferring over to television where it has seen even bigger success.

You can find every issue of Uber on eBay. Each of the Five current installments offer multiple covers for Collecting purposes.

Preview Courtesy of:
Burn the Horse
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2013 01:31 PM by Burn the Horse.)
08-12-2013 08:49 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.