WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First love....
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
First love....
You just never get over your first love. It's time to finally say it.....HOW BOUT THEM TIGERS?!

Man, I haven't enjoyed a regular season more. Doesn't matter what happens, this team is up, down, full of intrigue and just fun to watch!

03-cloud9
08-06-2013 07:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thegeneral Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU, OU
RE: First love....
Great game last night.

You have to give it to Leyland. Sticking with V-Mart and Avila through their slumps. That's really paying off now.
08-06-2013 08:16 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Old boy drives us crazy, but you do have to give it to him. Firsthand reports are that he's still seething over the World Series too. Thinks it would have been totally different had meat not douched it up at the all star game and we started at home.
08-06-2013 08:28 AM
thegeneral Offline
Heisman

Yup. The weather for the first two games in SF was BEAUTIFUL in Detroit. The weather for the actual home games here sucked.

Totally different if the Tigers start off at home in the WS.
08-06-2013 11:36 AM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I Root For: WMU
(08-06-2013 11:36 AM)thegeneral Wrote:  Yup. The weather for the first two games in SF was BEAUTIFUL in Detroit. The weather for the actual home games here sucked.

Weak. When the White Sox won the 2005 World Series, I distinctively remember every single home game in the ALCS and WS being played in horrible, horrible weather.

Bottom line, the better team gets it done, regardless of weather.
08-06-2013 12:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul
I love that they are hitting their stride right now rather than waiting until the last 10 games like last year.

Although, I still think that Avila should have been bunting last night in that situation, it worked out for Jimmy Smokes.

If they can take 3 of 4 from the Tribe in this series that is going to give them a pretty nice cushion and possibly a psychological advantage, considering how hot the Indians were coming in.

With their starting pitching though, there is no reason they shouldn't cruise to a division title.

What do you think about Cabrera? It was painful to watch him play last night. I almost wonder if they wouldn't be wise to put him on the DL for a couple weeks and get him healthy for the stretch run and the playoffs. Otherwise, he might not be 100% when they really need him.
08-06-2013 01:13 PM
Advertisement

thegeneral Offline
Heisman

Cabrera has been painful to watch. I agree -- sit him down for a week.
08-06-2013 01:16 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(08-06-2013 12:01 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 11:36 AM)thegeneral Wrote:  Yup. The weather for the first two games in SF was BEAUTIFUL in Detroit. The weather for the actual home games here sucked.

Weak. When the White Sox won the 2005 World Series, I distinctively remember every single home game in the ALCS and WS being played in horrible, horrible weather.

Bottom line, the better team gets it done, regardless of weather.

White Sox and SF suck this year. Shuttup.
08-06-2013 01:32 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
When I think of "First Love," it isn't a Baseball team.
08-06-2013 06:26 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(08-06-2013 06:26 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  When I think of "First Love," it isn't a Baseball team.

You didn't grow up a block off of Trumble and Baltimore in 1968.
08-06-2013 06:33 PM
Fights for Justice

(08-06-2013 01:32 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  White Sox and SF suck this year. Shuttup.

We're talking past World Series appearances, dolt.
08-06-2013 09:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Actually no, we were talking last years and you butted in with your unwelcome Sox talk.
08-06-2013 09:36 PM
BCBronco Offline
All American

First love, eh? If so, you're pretty lucky. My first love was the Indians. Talk about being athletically cursed! I follow the Tribe, Cavs, Browns and, the Broncos. Nary a successful year among the group once a generation.

At least you Michigan folks have seen a few NBA championships, some Red Wing Stanley Cups, consistently good Tigers teams. Now,I'll grant you, the Lions suck, but here's what I've seen:

Lebron leaving, the Browns leaving, and slew of pretty poor Indians teams with a few exceptions. I'm gonna be in Pittsburgh tomorrow to watch the Pirates so that should be fun (gotta find joy where I can).

Since it looks like the Tigers are in control of the central division, I'll wish them well and hope for a Tribe wild card.
08-06-2013 10:34 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(08-06-2013 10:34 PM)BCBronco Wrote:  First love, eh? If so, you're pretty lucky. My first love was the Indians. Talk about being athletically cursed! I follow the Tribe, Cavs, Browns and, the Broncos. Nary a successful year among the group once a generation.

At least you Michigan folks have seen a few NBA championships, some Red Wing Stanley Cups, consistently good Tigers teams. Now,I'll grant you, the Lions suck, but here's what I've seen:

Lebron leaving, the Browns leaving, and slew of pretty poor Indians teams with a few exceptions. I'm gonna be in Pittsburgh tomorrow to watch the Pirates so that should be fun (gotta find joy where I can).

Since it looks like the Tigers are in control of the central division, I'll wish them well and hope for a Tribe wild card.

Windians are tougher than I thought this year, Francona is doing a good job there.

I didn't realize how bad you had it as a Cleveland sports fan, I guess other than the Lions, we have a good thing compared to the mistake on the lake.
08-07-2013 03:08 PM
Fights for Justice

(08-06-2013 09:36 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Actually no, we were talking last years and you butted in with your unwelcome Sox talk.

I know, you're the one who kept coming up with excuses. Which are for losers.
08-07-2013 06:03 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(08-07-2013 06:03 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 09:36 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Actually no, we were talking last years and you butted in with your unwelcome Sox talk.

I know, you're the one who kept coming up with excuses. Which are for losers.

Again, no. I was saying the Tiger's manager was still seething over last years World Series and explained why.

Don't you get tired of looking silly?
08-07-2013 06:10 PM
Advertisement

Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

Sleepy....03-yawn...good game....zzzzzzz
08-07-2013 09:23 PM
Chipdip2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: America
(08-07-2013 09:23 PM)Hiller4Hyz09 Wrote:  Sleepy....03-yawn...good game....zzzzzzz

Yeah, this game is bugging me.
08-07-2013 10:08 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

Bonderman's slider is FILTHY tonight
08-07-2013 10:09 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Team is so MONEY!!!
08-07-2013 10:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.