Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Division IV
Bookmark and Share
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Division IV
Let's assume Pete Thamel's article is correct.

That is everyone in Division I stays in Division I but the control is vested in Division IV which is the 10 FBS leagues and two non-football leagues (presumably Big East plus whomever).

If this scenario plays out, if you are summoned to address the Sun Belt presidents what is your advice?

I think I'd tout a 16 or 18 team model pursuing top level basketball schools to try to improve NCAA success while giving them access to the top level voting group.
07-29-2013 12:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Division IV
In other words...raid the Missouri and Ohio Valley?
07-29-2013 12:30 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
What you said. Bring on NMSU for all sports, add another football program, and invite 3 good basketball programs to join us.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 12:34 AM by statefanatic.)
07-29-2013 12:31 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
If we're looking at football only adds that could be interested in moving to earn a seat at the D4 voting table, than we need to pull the best basketball schools in the area and check interest.

Wichita State and Missouri State from the MVC
Oral Roberts from the Southland
Murray State, Belmont, maybe Eastern Kentucky out of the Ohio Valley
NMSU All Sports
07-29-2013 12:40 AM
stAtecamera13 Offline
Beltbbs stAte Football INsider

I Root For: Arkansas State
Gives a lot of leverage for Missouri state as well.
07-29-2013 12:40 AM
asu7 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: APP STATE
What would we do with Idaho though?
07-29-2013 06:51 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(07-29-2013 06:51 AM)asu7 Wrote:  What would we do with Idaho though?

*crickets*

Seriously though, regardless of if its in the SBC or elsewhere, the handwriting is on the wall for Idaho. If they intend to stay FBS they better be announcing a plan quickly and it better involve doing something about that stadium. They added a roof so they can take one off presumably. Time to fish or cut bait.
07-29-2013 08:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
indianE Offline
2nd String

I Root For: stAte
Re: Division IV
Unless we have a shot at a current FBS school, I think Missouri State needs ti be the top priority.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
07-29-2013 09:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
(07-29-2013 12:08 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Let's assume Pete Thamel's article is correct.

That is everyone in Division I stays in Division I but the control is vested in Division IV which is the 10 FBS leagues and two non-football leagues (presumably Big East plus whomever).

If this scenario plays out, if you are summoned to address the Sun Belt presidents what is your advice?

I think I'd tout a 16 or 18 team model pursuing top level basketball schools to try to improve NCAA success while giving them access to the top level voting group.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2013 09:55 AM by Vobserver.)
07-29-2013 09:54 AM
chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
(07-29-2013 12:08 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Let's assume Pete Thamel's article is correct.

You read some of these messageboards and they are talking about cutting dead weight. If we are included, won't more FCS moves ups like Northern Iowa or Missouri State just tick of off further?
07-29-2013 10:06 AM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(07-29-2013 10:06 AM)chrisattsu Wrote:  

You read some of these messageboards and they are talking about cutting dead weight. If we are included, won't more FCS moves ups like Northern Iowa or Missouri State just tick of off further?

I think the assumption is that you add one more FCS football team and then add 2-4 more high quality non-football schools, who would now be willing to join the SBC because of their membership in D4.
07-29-2013 10:10 AM
Advertisement

Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I would not necessarily look for FCS moveups; I might target non-football schools with very strong hoops.
07-29-2013 10:13 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Are these extra schools being added for all sports, or just basketball?
07-29-2013 10:23 AM
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(07-29-2013 10:23 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Are these extra schools being added for all sports, or just basketball?

All sports
07-29-2013 10:26 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Will let it play out, but I tend to think the answer will lie in the middle when all of this is over....Hopefully this comes to an end soon with whatever they are doing...
07-29-2013 10:28 AM
panama Offline
Legend

Messageboards dont make rules and dont mean squat. The bottom line is that they dont want legal action so all of FBS will be included.
07-29-2013 10:32 AM
Advertisement

chrisattsu Offline
Mom's Favorite

I Root For: Tarleton / TXST
(07-29-2013 10:13 AM)Vobserver Wrote:  

I would not necessarily look for FCS moveups; I might target non-football schools with very strong hoops.

I looked at the post season Top 25 for the past five years. If you remove the existing FBS schools + Big East + schools outside of our region (Siena, Gonzaga, St. Marys...) you get the following schools.

Wichita State,
Florida Gulf Coast,
Murray State,
Virginia Commonwealth,
Richmond
07-29-2013 10:33 AM
panama Offline
Legend

Wichita State and Murray State
07-29-2013 10:37 AM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(07-29-2013 10:33 AM)chrisattsu Wrote:  
(07-29-2013 10:13 AM)Vobserver Wrote:  

I looked at the post season Top 25 for the past five years. If you remove the existing FBS schools + Big East + schools outside of our region (Siena, Gonzaga, St. Marys...) you get the following schools.

Wichita State,
Florida Gulf Coast,
Murray State,
Virginia Commonwealth,
Richmond

How about Belmont or Davidson?
07-29-2013 10:39 AM
hapapp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
If two non-football leagues are included, I would assume the A10 would be one of them. That would eliminate any members of the that conference from having a need to relocate.
07-29-2013 10:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.