Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Like I've said loserville
TigerSeth Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
MyBB Like I've said loserville
Grant Milner ‏@GrantMilner 2h

Rick Pitino told @ESPNAndyKatz on Katz Korner that "we're going to continue to play Memphis" even after the move to the ACC.
07-26-2013 04:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMTigerFan Offline
All American

I Root For: Conservatives
RE: Like I've said loserville
It is getting harder & harder to hate Pitino. He sure has been good to the Tigers lately.
07-26-2013 04:08 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(07-26-2013 04:08 PM)UofMTigerFan Wrote:  It is getting harder & harder to hate Pitino. He sure has been good to the Tigers lately.

My 'like' for Pitino is bordering on love. Now Louisville --- another matter 03-wink This is VERY good news for Memphis. We've played Louisville more than any other team but Southern Miss I do believe.
07-26-2013 04:11 PM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
BTW --- we're also hosting ESPN Game Day this season --- figured it be against Louisville BUT I'm sure they'll have enough ESPN air time --- ours is against the Zags. So GREAT NEWS two days in a row. Hard to beat.
07-26-2013 04:14 PM
BatonRougeEscapee Offline
1st String

I Root For: GEAUX TIGERS &
Let's wait and see what happens before you all pop the cork. Right now it's just an empty promise. No specifics in that comment. He could mean once every few years for all we know.
07-26-2013 04:17 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(07-26-2013 04:17 PM)BatonRougeEscapee Wrote:  Let's wait and see what happens before you all pop the cork. Right now it's just an empty promise. No specifics in that comment. He could mean once every few years for all we know.

That's certainly not the impression he gave, either today, or in earlier times when he mentioned it.
07-26-2013 04:20 PM
Advertisement

L1C4 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UofL
Pitino says a lot of stuff that never happens. Id rather play Cincy.
07-26-2013 04:21 PM
Tigers2B1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I knew I didn't dream Pitino says that there were two games he wanted to continue after the move to the ACC. Kentucky and Memphis. I knew it. 04-rock
07-26-2013 04:21 PM
Lord2FLI Away
Peanut Vendor

I Root For: The End
Over/under for trolls in this thread will be set at 19.5
Odds Wilkie posts something "insightful" 250/1
Odds that a Louisville fan says Memphis sucks and their coach is terrible, house refuses to give odds
Odds a Memphis fan says 18-12 when the Cincy fans start in on the name calling...house also refuses to give odds
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 04:27 PM by Lord2FLI.)
07-26-2013 04:27 PM
UofLgrad07 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
(07-26-2013 04:20 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(07-26-2013 04:17 PM)BatonRougeEscapee Wrote:  Let's wait and see what happens before you all pop the cork. Right now it's just an empty promise. No specifics in that comment. He could mean once every few years for all we know.

That's certainly not the impression he gave, either today, or in earlier times when he mentioned it.

I like Coach Pitino a lot and appreciate everything he has done at UofL. Also, I think it'd be great to have Memphis, UC, and UK on the schedule every year in hoops. Those three games plus the ACC conference slate would give fans a lot to look forward to come basketball season.

That being said, I only believe about half of everything he says. I've heard him refer to sub 250 RPI teams as "phenomenal" programs and talk about players being in the worst shape of their life a few days after praising how physical they were. I've heard him say that he was happy to see Calipari win the title in 2012. I've heard him talk about players being in serious trouble and not knowing when they would ever play again (they missed one game).

You can believe it if you want and for all I know he might be telling the truth (I always heard his problem was with Calipari not Memphis). Just don't be surprised if it turns out to not be the case or if it isn't exactly what has been implied.
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2013 04:50 PM by UofLgrad07.)
07-26-2013 04:45 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Well, there are Memphis officials saying the same thing, who don't have Pitino's hit and miss track record, so there's that, too.
07-26-2013 04:53 PM
Advertisement

tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
Is it just me, or are the Louisville fans that don't want to play Memphis under the age of 21 and just don't remember? This rivalry was one of the nastiest in all of college sports. Who can't get behind that? I guarantee the games we play this year will be insane.
07-26-2013 05:05 PM
1st String

It's like when you break up with your girlfriend and both agree to keep in touch. Sometimes you do but a lot of times you don't.

Right now this is just talk. We won't know for a year if this will come to fruition, nor what form it will take if it does. Be excited if you want but I'll wait til the schedule is announced before I believe it.

With Cronin at Cincinnati, you have to believe they will be priority #1 for an OOC game. I think Louisville - Memphis will probably happen because it's a historic rivalry, but wouldn't be shocked if it's only an occasional thing or if it's delayed while everyone settles in.
07-26-2013 05:06 PM
1st String

(07-26-2013 05:05 PM)tnzazz Wrote:  Is it just me, or are the Louisville fans that don't want to play Memphis under the age of 21 and just don't remember? This rivalry was one of the nastiest in all of college sports. Who can't get behind that? I guarantee the games we play this year will be insane.

I don't believe anyone has said they don't want to play Memphis. I just don't think there's enough meat on the bones to assume this will happen. BTW, I was around for all the Metro clashes so I understand fully how epic some of those games were.
07-26-2013 05:12 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(07-26-2013 04:27 PM)Lord2FLI Wrote:  Over/under for trolls in this thread will be set at 19.5
Odds Wilkie posts something "insightful" 250/1
Odds that a Louisville fan says Memphis sucks and their coach is terrible, house refuses to give odds
Odds a Memphis fan says 18-12 when the Cincy fans start in on the name calling...house also refuses to give odds

03-lmfao
07-26-2013 05:29 PM
Geotag Offline
Banned

I Root For: Defense
Are you cards scared?? Don't worry you will not be Josh Pastners first AP win.
07-26-2013 05:54 PM
Advertisement

kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Rick may or may not be telling the truth but I think every Louisville fan would admit they admire Rick as our coach but this dude talks clean out if his butt more often than not. He is the grandfather of hyperbole. You don't have to believe any of us but we've heard so much foolishness come from his lips that you truly don't know what to believe. I've heard him mention playing Memphis before but I've heard him mention Marquette as well. I know Tom jurich(who doesn't bs) mention playing cincy in basketball and football. At this point no one knows but if you guys want to believe everything the king of hyperbole says then so be it.
07-26-2013 06:12 PM
Geotag Offline
Banned

I Root For: Defense
(07-26-2013 06:12 PM)kardphan Wrote:  Rick may or may not be telling the truth but I think every Louisville fan would admit they admire Rick as our coach but this dude talks clean out if his butt more often than not. He is the grandfather of hyperbole. You don't have to believe any of us but we've heard so much foolishness come from his lips that you truly don't know what to believe. I've heard him mention playing Memphis before but I've heard him mention Marquette as well. I know Tom jurich(who doesn't bs) mention playing cincy in basketball and football. At this point no one knows but if you guys want to believe everything the king of hyperbole says then so be it.
Didn't tripleA just tell you that even Memphis official are saying it. If Rick is full of bs they aren't at least. Hey look at it this way. You have one more good game to occupy yourselves with before conference play. I am also sure Pastner is pushing for it too like he pushed against UT
07-26-2013 06:28 PM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(07-26-2013 06:28 PM)Geotag Wrote:  
(07-26-2013 06:12 PM)kardphan Wrote:  Rick may or may not be telling the truth but I think every Louisville fan would admit they admire Rick as our coach but this dude talks clean out if his butt more often than not. He is the grandfather of hyperbole. You don't have to believe any of us but we've heard so much foolishness come from his lips that you truly don't know what to believe. I've heard him mention playing Memphis before but I've heard him mention Marquette as well. I know Tom jurich(who doesn't bs) mention playing cincy in basketball and football. At this point no one knows but if you guys want to believe everything the king of hyperbole says then so be it.
Didn't tripleA just tell you that even Memphis official are saying it. If Rick is full of bs they aren't at least. Hey look at it this way. You have one more good game to occupy yourselves with before conference play. I am also sure Pastner is pushing for it too like he pushed against UT

I read exactly what he said. I just simply said that i refuse to take anything Rick says as gospel. Its a fool me twice shame on me type of deal with him. As i said earlier rick has mentioned Marquette as team he would like to continue to play as well once we enter the acc. Oh and he also wants to play indiana and i only believe that because crean has confirmed they are working out details. Rick cant even name all the teams in the AAC. I would believe a Memphis official before i would believe him. He's said that more than once that he doesn't even know all the teams in this current league.
07-26-2013 06:41 PM
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(07-26-2013 06:28 PM)Geotag Wrote:  

Oh im not worried about our OOC schedule in the least bit. We will play our share of good teams. Most Louisville fans have their preferences but OOC schedule is the least of my worries. My only concern is the OOC football schedule going forward because once the SEC goes 9 conference games we lose UK. This is where in hoping we continue to play cincy in both sports.
07-26-2013 06:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.