Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

For you GaSo and App St Folks
Bookmark and Share
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
For you GaSo and App St Folks
Some clowns named Satterfield and Monken were on local six o'clock news (ABC) in Jonesboro. Video interview clips for both.

It is July. You won't be in the league till next year.

Anyone still thinking that FBS doesn't expand your reach and increase the profile of your university needs to think again.
07-22-2013 06:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: For you GaSo and App St Folks
(07-22-2013 06:46 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Some clowns named Satterfield and Monken were on local six o'clock news (ABC) in Jonesboro. Video interview clips for both.

Anyone still thinking that FBS doesn't expand your reach and increase the profile of your university needs to think again.

I am more impressed that you watched KAIT. That is a difficult sacrifice to make, and we appreciate your patronage.
07-22-2013 06:57 PM
appsfan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: App State
WTW, I think you are preaching to the choir in regard to the App and GaSo posters on the board. Thanks for the update.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 07:43 PM by appsfan.)
07-22-2013 07:42 PM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(07-22-2013 07:42 PM)appsfan Wrote:  WTW, I think you are preaching to the choir in regard to the App and GaSo posters on the board. Thanks for the update.

We're definitely aware our name is getting out there, but we still have to deal with Lehigh fans on AGS telling us that our program is gonna die from moving to FBS.

Thanks for the info btw.
07-22-2013 07:50 PM
doberman Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Redwolves
(07-22-2013 07:50 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  
(07-22-2013 07:42 PM)appsfan Wrote:  WTW, I think you are preaching to the choir in regard to the App and GaSo posters on the board. Thanks for the update.

We're definitely aware our name is getting out there, but we still have to deal with Lehigh fans on AGS telling us that our program is gonna die from moving to FBS.

Thanks for the info btw.

What is AGS?
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 08:25 PM by doberman.)
07-22-2013 08:24 PM
Yug801 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ga. Soouthern
(07-22-2013 08:24 PM)doberman Wrote:  

Thanks for the info btw.

What is AGS?
That is anygivensaturday.com
07-22-2013 09:04 PM
Advertisement

StillGotIt Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(07-22-2013 09:04 PM)Yug801 Wrote:  

Thanks for the info btw.

What is AGS?

What is Lehigh?
07-22-2013 09:40 PM
eaglewraith Online
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
(07-22-2013 09:40 PM)StillGotIt Wrote:  

Thanks for the info btw.

What is AGS?

What is Lehigh?

A team that can go 10-1 and still not make the playoffs because they play in the weakest conference in all of Division 1.
07-22-2013 10:01 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(07-22-2013 09:40 PM)StillGotIt Wrote:  

Thanks for the info btw.

What is AGS?

What is Lehigh?

A Tiny private school that knows nothing about the perils of college football.
07-22-2013 10:11 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Lehigh University is a research university est. 1865 and located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and has @ 7,500 students. They have over a billion dollars in endowment, and play 25 sports, and are known as the Mountain Hawks. Educationally they are well respected.
They have a big game, to them, each year with nearby Lafayette College, and play in the Patriot League. Kind of a near or want to be Ivy League type school.
[Image: roughridgeautumnVIEW_zpsb1a9108d.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2013 03:23 AM by GoApps70.)
07-23-2013 03:10 AM
eagleskins Offline
1st String

I Root For: GSU
We still have our rubes trying to stonewall momentum. It is really a bunch of hayseeds that went to Ogeechee Tech and hate that they will no longer be on the inside like when Sammy Baker was around.
07-23-2013 04:36 AM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

You certainly like to utilize that word: "rubes".
You may be correct in what you are saying, but they may not appreciate your hayseeds comment.
Seems as if 95% of GaSo fans are glad they have seen the last of Baker AD. The school is equally
responsible though for keeping him all those years if he was not getting the job done the way that
they thought it should have been. Hate to say that but is true. I posted my beliefs years ago that
they should make a change but guess there was no momentum or the previous president didn't like to
make changes.
[Image: th_huwzM1K_zps82d41ab4.jpg][Image: th_NMzOuD5_zpsff829ebc.jpg][Image: th_O7Mztpl_zpsecbf3ecb.jpg][Image: th_M2KMju8_zps01f691bd.jpg]
07-23-2013 06:32 AM
asu7 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: APP STATE
Lehigh also beat Duke in the BBALL tourney a few years ago. That is all they have accomplished. Still a big feat. Other than that they know they are stuck in FCS land and they try to rain on everyone's parade.
07-23-2013 06:58 AM
Wild Bill Kelso Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
(07-22-2013 06:46 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Some clowns named Satterfield and Monken were on local six o'clock news (ABC) in Jonesboro. Video interview clips for both.

This is one of the key reasons used by many of us pushing for the move to justify it. This move was never just about football. It is about advancing the university as a whole. Unfortunately App, like a lot of other schools at this level, has a large number of alumni who don't see the big picture. When talking to our play by play guy the other day about his experience at SB media day he was focused on that very issue.
07-23-2013 07:02 AM
GSUsTALON Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga.Southern

I would like to thank WinstonTheWolf for posting an update on GSUs & Apps media coverage outside our states. I'm sure you enjoyed the interviews, are proud that the Sun Belt picked us up while at the same time sending shivers up your spine that you will have to play us in the near future.05-mafia

Party On Red Werewolfs
07-23-2013 07:03 AM
Eagle's Cliff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(07-23-2013 06:32 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  You certainly like to utilize that word: "rubes".
You may be correct in what you are saying, but they may not appreciate your hayseeds comment.
Seems as if 95% of GaSo fans are glad they have seen the last of Baker AD. The school is equally
responsible though for keeping him all those years if he was not getting the job done the way that
they thought it should have been. Hate to say that but is true. I posted my beliefs years ago that
they should make a change but guess there was no momentum or the previous president didn't like to make changes.

The previous president was sent to Georgia Southern by the Board of Regents specifically to put us "in our place". President Henry (1987-1998) went directly to the state legislature to get things done for Georgia Southern like new academic facilities and more graduate programs.

Georgia Southern is a Carnegie Doctoral/Research University, but our own Regents resists reclassifying us as a research university because it would increase our funding. It will happen, but everything south of the Gnat Line (Columbus to Macon to Augusta) in Georgia has to fight, scratch, and claw for every dollar coming out of Atlanta back to us.
07-23-2013 07:29 AM
Advertisement

GoApps70 Offline

(07-23-2013 07:29 AM)Eagles Cliff Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 06:32 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  You certainly like to utilize that word: "rubes".
they should make a change but guess there was no momentum or the previous president didn't like to make changes.

The previous president was sent to Georgia Southern by the Board of Regents specifically to put us "in our place". President Henry (1987-1998) went directly to the state legislature to get things done for Georgia Southern like new academic facilities and more graduate programs.

Georgia Southern is a Carnegie Doctoral/Research University, but our own Regents resists reclassifying us as a research university because it would increase our funding. It will happen, but everything south of the Gnat Line (Columbus to Macon to Augusta) in Georgia has to fight, scratch, and claw for every dollar coming out of Atlanta back to us.

Who appoints your regents? A University of Georgia board?
07-23-2013 08:00 AM
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Eaglewraith (post#4), Suggestion-Ignore Lehigh football fans and dont read AGS.Your life will be more pleasant.
07-23-2013 03:29 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE

Thanks for the info btw.

What is AGS?
Horror Movie Dont's

1. Sex = Death
2. Don't drink or do drugs.
3. Never say "I'll be right back".
4. Don't split up.
5. Abandoned Cabins aren't.
6. Don't play mysterious tape deck (Evil Dead).
7. Listen for musical changes.
8. It's always behind you.
9. When running from the killer it is generally a bad idea to trip and fall in the mud.
10. Don't mess around with the house keys either, just kick the door down.
11. The killer is already in the house.
12. For nearly assured survival BE the killer. The killer almost always will manage to somehow survive for sequals.
13. The human body contains 30 gallons of blood, even more under high pressure.
14. Don't go upstairs.
15. Nightmares dream sequences are rarely ever "just a dream."

16. DO NOT ASK ABOUT http://www.anygivensaturday.com
07-23-2013 04:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GoApps70 Offline

There are always going to be posters telling you that your school cannot do something.
The national media told Alabama that they had no chance against Washington in the 1926 Rose Bowl.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/17112...ll/page/13
[Image: 5153ba90b5a68_image_zpsa6593cd0.jpg]
07-23-2013 06:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.