Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Give Praise to the former SBC teams
Bookmark and Share
Cat79 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State
Give Praise to the former SBC teams
I had thought about this post and wanted to thank the former teams for their greatest accomplishments that helped improve the image of the SBC. These are the ones that come to my mind. Please add if I left out anything and be nice please.

Thanks for your efforts and best of luck in your new conference.

UNT-Won the SBC in football multiple years in a row. Won their Bowl game in New Orleans. They have steadily improved their basketball program. Built a great new stadium.01-ncaabbs

FAU-Came into the SBC as a FCS team and proved they could win a bowl game. Built a great new stadium. 01-ncaabbs

FIU- In the SBC, they became more competitive in football and made some heads turn with some quality wins over big name programs. FIU had renovated their stadium and improved it. 01-ncaabbs

MT- These guys had carried the SBC in receiving the All Sports Trophy. These guys were a consistent basketball power. They had improved their stadium and attendance. 01-ncaabbs

WKU-You guys are still with us for another year so I will save your praises for a later time.01-ncaabbs
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 05:59 PM by Cat79.)
07-11-2013 05:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
RE: Give Praise to the former SBC teams
(07-11-2013 05:58 PM)Cat79 Wrote:  MT- These guys had carried the SBC in receiving the All Sports Trophy. These guys were a consistent basketball power. They had improved their stadium and attendance. 01-ncaabbs

WKU-You guys are still with us for another year so I will save your praises for a later time.01-ncaabbs

These are the biggest losses. The other three will make for a much weaker CUSA, especially with some of the new additions (UNC-CH), and the losses incurred from losing their best teams. CUSA's best days are over. SBC is on the rise. Off topic, I know, just wanted to point out what everyone probably knows anyway. Carry on.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 06:13 PM by TroyFootball05.)
07-11-2013 06:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
I already did this mushy backslapping once. That was plenty. So I'll just say...so long hope ya choke.
07-11-2013 06:28 PM
TXST Bobcat2010 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State!
(07-11-2013 06:28 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  I already did this mushy backslapping once. That was plenty. So I'll just say...so long hope ya choke.

Yeah, this kind of post was already done and not that long ago. Just post this on the other one and get rid of this post mods.
07-13-2013 10:52 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Seeing that we dropped two teams from south Florida that averaged about tens of people to football games and replaced them with programs that average over 20k per game, I'm good with what has happened.
07-13-2013 11:08 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

(07-13-2013 11:08 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Seeing that we dropped two teams from south Florida that averaged about tens of people to football games and replaced them with programs that average over 20k per game, I'm good with what has happened.

Don't tell CUSA. 03-shhhh
07-13-2013 12:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I always wish failure upon my enemies.
07-13-2013 01:37 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(07-11-2013 06:11 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(07-11-2013 05:58 PM)Cat79 Wrote:  MT- These guys had carried the SBC in receiving the All Sports Trophy. These guys were a consistent basketball power. They had improved their stadium and attendance. 01-ncaabbs

These are the biggest losses. The other three will make for a much weaker CUSA, especially with some of the new additions (UNC-CH), and the losses incurred from losing their best teams. CUSA's best days are over. SBC is on the rise. Off topic, I know, just wanted to point out what everyone probably knows anyway. Carry on.

Even further off-topic but FYI UNC-CH actually represents UNC Chapel Hill (or UNC as they're more commonly known). Charlotte is UNC-C but they're trying to brand themselves Charlotte for athletics (a whole other can of worms I know).
07-13-2013 01:46 PM
BRtransplant Offline
1st String

I Root For: La Tech
(07-13-2013 12:22 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(07-13-2013 11:08 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Seeing that we dropped two teams from south Florida that averaged about tens of people to football games and replaced them with programs that average over 20k per game, I'm good with what has happened.

Or ULL, Ark ST., GA St., or TX St., every one of whom will joyfully bolt to CUSA in a heartbeat if they're invited during the next round of realignment. Until that fact changes, any digs at CUSA are really pretty ridiculous.
07-13-2013 07:48 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
CUSA will be clear cut better in basketball, obviously that matters to WKU fans.

However in football, I am not sure that is true at all.
07-13-2013 09:23 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(07-13-2013 07:48 PM)BRtransplant Wrote:  

Or ULL, Ark ST., GA St., or TX St., every one of whom will joyfully bolt to CUSA in a heartbeat if they're invited during the next round of realignment. Until that fact changes, any digs at CUSA are really pretty ridiculous.

Naw, CUSA is the dumps. Might as well target AAC. 03-shhhh
07-13-2013 09:51 PM
Advertisement

garmen Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Louisiana
Sorry, cant do it.
FIU was an embarrassment on the field (see FIU/Miami) or last year.. and in the stands.
FAU - I can understand the move because of being on an island but can't understand the lack of fans.
UNT/WKU/MT - Can you just think how much better the conference would have been had you stayed with FIU/FAU leaving and App. St and GA. South in?? Cant blame the CUSA perception thing but also think that may back fire...

Sorry guys. But not for a possible league alliance with USM, LaTech and Rice, I see not much for UL to get excited about these days with.. CUSA...
07-13-2013 10:10 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

CUSA is better conference for bowl opportunities and money, which is important, and is where the draw is for teams from the SBC to leave. However, the SBC is more talented on the field, and the separation will be even larger once Texas State, Appalachian State and Georgia Southern get a few years under their belt. The bowl contracts will eventually be renegotiated. CUSA has the advantage in perception only, but that won't last much longer. The SBC just needs to hold on to the teams we have and not let anyone else jump ship. Long term, the SBC appears to have the advantage.
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2013 10:22 PM by TroyFootball05.)
07-13-2013 10:21 PM
TOPPERSonTOP Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU TOPS
You could say that you are replacing FIU and FAU with GaSt and Idaho...but whatever makes you guys feel better.
07-13-2013 10:30 PM
LaserRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
I'm definitely going to miss playing in the Belt. I started following MTSU back in 1999/2000, whenever I was 10 or so. Some of the first teams I remember seeing MTSU play were Idaho & NMSU. It's gonna be so weird now not playing in the Sun Belt anymore. But I will still be keeping an eye on the Sun Belt and rooting for them to do well in their OOC & Bowl games.
07-14-2013 01:08 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(07-14-2013 01:08 AM)LaserRaider Wrote:  I'm definitely going to miss playing in the Belt. I started following MTSU back in 1999/2000, whenever I was 10 or so. Some of the first teams I remember seeing MTSU play were Idaho & NMSU. It's gonna be so weird now not playing in the Sun Belt anymore. But I will still be keeping an eye on the Sun Belt and rooting for them to do well in their OOC & Bowl games.

Classy.
07-14-2013 01:57 AM
Advertisement

TXST Bobcat2010 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State!
(07-13-2013 07:48 PM)BRtransplant Wrote:  

Having tx teams is the only real draw CUSA has for txst. The current contracts will be rewritten and based off of who the new CUSA roster is now. Unless UNT, FAU, FIU, unc-ch, odu, uab, utep, Tulane, USM, and utsa have great success those contracts are gone. I know some of those mentioned have been successful in the past, but having a new roster should make CUSA have to prove it's just as good if not better and it looks like an uphill battle. All the teams I mentioned are going through a bit of a slump, except for utsa because of the easy 2012 schedule and 2013 should be a rude awakening for them.
07-14-2013 02:00 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(07-13-2013 10:30 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  You could say that you are replacing FIU and FAU with GaSt and Idaho...but whatever makes you guys feel better.

Ya but you guys still have UAB, FIU, FAU, Charlotte, Rice who are horrible in attendance in football.

Your Charlotte is like out GA State new programs that have yet to prove themselves. I have no doubt Ga State will step up.
07-14-2013 06:39 AM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
(07-13-2013 10:30 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  You could say that you are replacing FIU and FAU with GaSt and Idaho...but whatever makes you guys feel better.

Ya but you guys still have UAB, FIU, FAU, Charlotte, Rice who are horrible in attendance in football.

Your Charlotte is like our GA State new programs that have yet to prove themselves. I have no doubt Ga State will step up.
07-14-2013 06:39 AM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(07-14-2013 01:08 AM)LaserRaider Wrote:  I'm definitely going to miss playing in the Belt. I started following MTSU back in 1999/2000, whenever I was 10 or so. Some of the first teams I remember seeing MTSU play were Idaho & NMSU. It's gonna be so weird now not playing in the Sun Belt anymore. But I will still be keeping an eye on the Sun Belt and rooting for them to do well in their OOC & Bowl games.

Me too. Best comparison is to comfortable old shoes. You buy a new pair, but their not quite as comfortable as those old shoes you were used to. The Sun Belt for the most part of 13 years was good for MT.
07-14-2013 06:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.