Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ideal Conference Draft
Bookmark and Share
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
Ideal Conference Draft
A few weeks ago, JRsec, USAFMEDIC, and I were batting around some idealistic conference scenarios and decided a draft would be fun. I see another draft is already going on the realignment board, but this one has the following criteria:

1. 4 commissioners pick 16 schools each (64 school league). It will be a snake draft, and trades may occur after the first 8 rounds and then after the 16th round. We will all then pick 2 more teams each just to see what an 72 school league would look like.

2. We will judge each conference at the end based on geographical, cultural, competitive, academic, and revenue generating fit.

Wedge has agreed to join in as the 4th. JRsec also brought up an alternative draft that would be based more in reality, and I think it is a great idea. It involves taking the leagues as currently composed and acting as the current commissioners to direct where future realignment is headed. It involves more research than I can devote right now, so if a few of you guys want in on that one, message JRsec.

Wedge, JRsec, and USAFMEDIC, let the draft begin! We have not determined order yet, so I recommend we let go from longest on this board to the newest. So, Wedge will pick first, then Medic, then JR, then me. It will then snake back in the second round, so it will be reverse order.

Wedge, you are on the clock! Everyone else, feel free to chime in as we go along. 10th Mountain, we would love for you to keep a neat and clean update on the picks as you had mentioned before.
05-15-2013 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
RE: Ideal Conference Draft
(05-15-2013 09:39 AM)bigblueblindness Wrote:  A few weeks ago, JRsec, USAFMEDIC, and I were batting around some idealistic conference scenarios and decided a draft would be fun. I see another draft is already going on the realignment board, but this one has the following criteria:

1. 4 commissioners pick 16 schools each (64 school league). It will be a snake draft, and trades may occur after the first 8 rounds and then after the 16th round. We will all then pick 2 more teams each just to see what an 72 school league would look like.

2. We will judge each conference at the end based on geographical, cultural, competitive, academic, and revenue generating fit.

Wedge has agreed to join in as the 4th. JRsec also brought up an alternative draft that would be based more in reality, and I think it is a great idea. It involves taking the leagues as currently composed and acting as the current commissioners to direct where future realignment is headed. It involves more research than I can devote right now, so if a few of you guys want in on that one, message JRsec.

Wedge, JRsec, and USAFMEDIC, let the draft begin! We have not determined order yet, so I recommend we let go from longest on this board to the newest. So, Wedge will pick first, then Medic, then JR, then me. It will then snake back in the second round, so it will be reverse order.

Wedge, you are on the clock! Everyone else, feel free to chime in as we go along. 10th Mountain, we would love for you to keep a neat and clean update on the picks as you had mentioned before.
Ready to go...
05-15-2013 01:38 PM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

Nice, Medic. Just waiting on Wedge. I've seen him poking around today. I talked to JR earlier.
05-15-2013 02:10 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
Texas.
05-15-2013 07:01 PM
He1nousOne Offline
The One you Love to Hate.

I Root For: Iowa/ASU
Damn and I was just talking to JR about doing one of these. Seems the SEC Board is becoming the hangout for most of the folks I care to post with these days.

Perhaps next round I can sneak in with some of you.

04-cheers
05-15-2013 07:18 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
This looks fun. I can't wait to see who picks Miami... *HINT* 03-wink
05-15-2013 10:33 PM
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(05-15-2013 07:18 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Damn and I was just talking to JR about doing one of these. Seems the SEC Board is becoming the hangout for most of the folks I care to post with these days.

04-cheers
I pick Alabama. Hey BBB... can we just add H1 and go to 80? Would be even more like the P5...
05-15-2013 11:15 PM
Zombiewoof Offline
1st String

I Root For: players
(05-15-2013 11:15 PM)USAFMEDIC Wrote:  
(05-15-2013 07:18 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Damn and I was just talking to JR about doing one of these. Seems the SEC Board is becoming the hangout for most of the folks I care to post with these days.

04-cheers
I pick Alabama. Hey BBB... can we just add H1 and go to 80? Would be even more like the P5...

Five conferences would make it more interesting.
05-16-2013 12:46 AM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

04-cheers

Not a problem with me! H1, we'll just tack you on at the end as 5th pick, so be sure to also pick 1st in the second round (6th overall). We are snake drafting.
05-16-2013 08:50 AM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

(05-15-2013 07:01 PM)Wedge Wrote:  Texas.

Surprise, surprise... :)
05-16-2013 08:51 AM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

04-cheers

I was wondering where you would go with that pick, Medic. A lot of good choices there. Texas at #1 was the only obvious.
05-16-2013 08:52 AM
Advertisement

bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

Wedge - Texas
Medic - Alabama
JR - Next pick
BBB - After that
H1 - After that
05-16-2013 10:22 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
Okay, but if we are going to have 5 see if Zombiewoof wants to pick in my spot, but as not to hold things up. I select the University of Michigan.
05-16-2013 03:45 PM
He1nousOne Offline

(05-16-2013 10:22 AM)bigblueblindness Wrote:  Wedge - Texas
Medic - Alabama
JR - Next pick
BBB - After that
H1 - After that

This sounds good to me. Are we going with this then?
05-16-2013 03:45 PM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

(05-16-2013 03:45 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Okay, but if we are going to have 5 see if Zombiewoof wants to pick in my spot, but as not to hold things up. I select the University of Michigan.

I'm sure there are 4 other people that would gladly join Zombiewoof in another draft. That would be kind of interesting, anyway, to see how another one would develop. We definitely want you to stay in it, JR, unless you just prefer to let him take your place. Just let us know.

My pick is Ohio State.
05-16-2013 04:04 PM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

Round 1

Wedge - Texas
Medic - Alabama
JR - Michigan
BBB - Ohio State
H1 - Next Pick

Round 2

H1
BBB
JR
Medic
Wedge
05-16-2013 04:06 PM
Advertisement

He1nousOne Offline

With my first pick in Round 1 I will select the Florida Gators.

Got to be the first to break into the State of Florida with the Premier program in that State.

With the first pick of Round 2 I will select the LSU Tigers.

True versatility with this top tier program. Their location allows the program to have versatility in regards to how I place them when we decide divisions.
(This post was last modified: 05-16-2013 04:15 PM by He1nousOne.)
05-16-2013 04:14 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(05-16-2013 04:14 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  With my first pick in Round 1 I will select the Florida Gators.

Got to be the first to break into the State of Florida with the Premier program in that State.

True versatility with this top tier program. Their location allows the program to have versatility in regards to how I place them when we decide divisions.

Nice grab He1nous!
05-16-2013 04:20 PM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

(05-16-2013 04:20 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(05-16-2013 04:14 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  With my first pick in Round 1 I will select the Florida Gators.

Nice grab He1nous!

Indeed. I thought pretty hard between Ohio State and Florida. My pick for Round 2 is Penn State.
05-16-2013 04:26 PM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

Round 1

Wedge - Texas
Medic - Alabama
JR - Michigan
BBB - Ohio State
H1 - Florida

Round 2

H1 - LSU
BBB - Penn State
JR
Medic
Wedge
05-16-2013 04:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.