Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Future football home of Georgia State?
Bookmark and Share
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
Future football home of Georgia State?
Check it out. An article and video on the new Atlanta Falcons stadium proposals. One of the stadium proposals is very similar to "The Bird's Nest" in Beijing that was used for the 2008 Olympics.

Falcons Stadium proposal
05-02-2013 07:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Pike51 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GA Southern
RE: Future football home of Georgia State?
Funny... I don't see any blue or any mention of GA State anywhere!
05-02-2013 07:54 AM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
(05-02-2013 07:52 AM)troy4ever Wrote:  Check it out. An article and video on the new Atlanta Falcons stadium proposals. One of the stadium proposals is very similar to "The Bird's Nest" in Beijing that was used for the 2008 Olympics.

Falcons Stadium proposal

That was my first thought.
05-02-2013 07:59 AM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I didn't start this thread so that you Southern folks could start bashing Georgia State. It was to talk about the new stadium. If you wanna bash them, take it to the smack talk board. You guys hijacking every thread to bash App or GaSt is getting really old.
05-02-2013 08:04 AM
gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga Southern
I like the 'boxier' version. Still has the retractable roof without looking like some jacked up origami. Kind of like Lucas Oil stadium in Indy.
05-02-2013 08:13 AM
sidslidkid Offline
1st String

(05-02-2013 08:04 AM)troy4ever Wrote:  I didn't start this thread so that you Southern folks could start bashing Georgia State. It was to talk about the new stadium. If you wanna bash them, take it to the smack talk board. You guys hijacking every thread to bash App or GaSt is getting really old.

You really expect fans of rival schools to not bash each other on an internet message board? This board is way too PC at times....

That being said, I love the new stadium design. I still don't see the need for a new stadium, but no need in crying over spilled milk. I can't wait to watch the Falcons play there. And as an added bonus I can go see my Eagles play there every other year. Selfishly (since I live in the Atlanta area) I wish we could have the SBC Championship game there but I understand the Championship game will be held at the home stadium of the school with the best record.
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 08:36 AM by sidslidkid.)
05-02-2013 08:26 AM
Advertisement

ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
If the Bird's nest one is the one that is the one they build we will all know that Authur is trying to out do Jerry's World with the new stadium.02-13-banana
05-02-2013 08:29 AM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-02-2013 08:26 AM)sidslidkid Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 08:04 AM)troy4ever Wrote:  I didn't start this thread so that you Southern folks could start bashing Georgia State. It was to talk about the new stadium. If you wanna bash them, take it to the smack talk board. You guys hijacking every thread to bash App or GaSt is getting really old.

You really expect fans of rival schools to not bash each other on an internet message board? This board is way too PC at times....

Did I ever say anything about NOT bashing them? No. I said if you wanna do it, take it to the smack board. That's what the smack board is there for.

I agree Valleyboy...if Arthur Blank goes with the abstract design, it's a pretty safe bet he's trying to outdo Jerry Jones. And I have to say, based on reading the slide show and some of his coments about trying to bring fans back to NFL stadiums away from their HDTV's at home, he will probably go with the oragami design.
05-02-2013 08:42 AM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

Isn't the new Stadium going to built somewhere else? In the videos it looks like it is in the same spot, it that is the case, I'd assume GaST will just keep renting that. If not, is there ANY chance that GaSt could buy the Ga Dome?

That is a huge facility. Given what they use as some of their classrooms now, they could make parts of that classrooms.
Host all their athletics there except baseball. ?
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2013 08:53 AM by The4thOption.)
05-02-2013 08:44 AM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-02-2013 08:44 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  Isn't the new Stadium going to built somewhere else?

If so, is there ANY chance that GaSt could buy the Ga Dome?

It's gonna be built in a space beside the Georgia Dome. Like they did with Turner Field and the old Fulton County Stadium. The dome will be torn down and probably made into parking.
05-02-2013 08:45 AM
Hail The Blue Offline
1st String

Re: RE: Future football home of Georgia State?
(05-02-2013 08:42 AM)troy4ever Wrote:  

Did I ever say anything about NOT bashing them? No. I said if you wanna do it, take it to the smack board. That's what the smack board is there for.

I agree Valleyboy...if Arthur Blank goes with the abstract design, it's a pretty safe bet he's trying to outdo Jerry Jones. And I have to say, based on reading the slide show and some of his coments about trying to bring fans back to NFL stadiums away from their HDTV's at home, he will probably go with the oragami design.

It's crazy that the biggest thing keeping people out of the stadium isn't the product on the field. It's the 50 camera angles, HD, 60" tv hanging on someone's wall near a fridge full of cheap beer and grocery store jalapeno poppers.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
05-02-2013 08:46 AM
Advertisement

gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

Odd, grew up in Georgia. Lived there 24 years. Never once been inside the GaDome. Now it's getting replaced. Might get to go to ONE game there before it's demolished.
05-02-2013 08:47 AM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(05-02-2013 08:46 AM)The Black Flag Wrote:  

It's crazy that the biggest thing keeping people out of the stadium isn't the product on the field. It's the 50 camera angles, HD, 60" tv hanging on someone's wall near a fridge full of cheap beer and grocery store jalapeno poppers.

That and money. Why would someone wanna pay the cost of a ticket, and outrageous prices at concessions, when they can get an amazing experience on their tv at home with cheaper food and drink options they've stored themselves and in a more comfortable setting?
05-02-2013 08:48 AM
gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

(05-02-2013 08:48 AM)troy4ever Wrote:  

That and money. Why would someone wanna pay the cost of a ticket, and outrageous prices at concessions, when they can get an amazing experience on their tv at home with cheaper food and drink options they've stored themselves and in a more comfortable setting?

Not to mention a better bathroom experience...
05-02-2013 08:49 AM
troy4ever Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Not to mention a better bathroom experience...

That ALWAYS helps: 03-drunk
05-02-2013 08:52 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama

Really, really old.
05-02-2013 09:01 AM
Advertisement

slycat Online
Heisman

I Root For: Texas State
(05-02-2013 08:48 AM)troy4ever Wrote:  

Yup. I will probably never go to a Cowboys game at Jerryworld. $30 parking and up, close to $10 food and or drinks, Miller only beer, insanley expensive tickets (even for standing only). At least Texans are much cheaper overall and play better football as of late. Can't beat college prices.
05-02-2013 09:02 AM
The4thOption Offline
1st String

(05-02-2013 08:45 AM)troy4ever Wrote:  
(05-02-2013 08:44 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  Isn't the new Stadium going to built somewhere else?

If so, is there ANY chance that GaSt could buy the Ga Dome?

It's gonna be built in a space beside the Georgia Dome. Like they did with Turner Field and the old Fulton County Stadium. The dome will be torn down and probably made into parking.

Oh, so what is the problem with gast just renting that instead since it will still practicaly be on the GAST campus?
05-02-2013 09:04 AM
ValleyBoy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GaSo,Troy
I might get shot down for posting this but I feel like it is "like putting lipstick on a pig". There is nothing wrong with the Georgia Dome.

I have never and I will never buy a ticket for a event that I want to go to based on the venue where the event is held. Either you want to go to the event (sporting, Concert, fair, show, play, ect) or you could care less. That does not mean that I will not watch the event on the TV for free in the comfort of my own home. Each and everyone of us have paid to go to a event that was held in the middle of a venue that was a dump just because we want to be there to see life in person the event.

Now if the Falcons want to put lipstick on a pig there is nothing I can do to stop them, but that lipstick will not change that pig because he will still be a pig.
05-02-2013 09:12 AM
gsu2583 Offline
Special Teams

(05-02-2013 09:01 AM)JoeJag Wrote:  

Really, really bold.

FIFY
05-02-2013 09:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.