Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

App State Spring Game Today
Bookmark and Share
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
App State Spring Game Today
First spring game is over three years and rivals is reporting over 50 recruits and a minimum of five 2013 incoming incoming freshman will in attendance.

Should be interesting to see the fan turnout today, we had 2,000 for a practice held in Charlotte last weekend.

Do any Sun Belt teams hold spring games, if so what are your's like?
04-20-2013 05:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GaSouthern Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Georgia So.
RE: App State Spring Game Today
I know we had ours last weekend, we had just under 4K in attendance.

I think I heard Tx St had one a few weeks back too.
04-20-2013 06:26 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Ours was at the football complex last year. So we only had about 300 folks. First two years we were at the Dome and had over 3000 both times. We are back at the Dome today. Not expecting more than 1500. It's going to be a beautiful 66 degree day with a half dozen intown neighborhood festivals and concerts and promotion has been nonexistent except to the same people who already attend everything GSU. Plus it's just a controlled scrimmage of first offense vs. first defense and second offense against second defense. I believe all SBC schools have a spring game. Welcome to the South.
04-20-2013 06:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cajuncat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST
Texas State's was the weekend before last. 4,608 in attendance
Spring Game

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 06:47 AM by Cajuncat.)
04-20-2013 06:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

"welcome to the south"?

Welcome to football Ga St.
04-20-2013 06:39 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Should be a beautiful day at The Rock. New DC will have a chance to make a statement.
Scott Satterfield will be watching to see how fast his offense can snap the ball.
Wish it was regular football season next year already.
04-20-2013 07:28 AM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

(04-20-2013 06:39 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  "welcome to the south"?

Welcome to football Ga St.

LOL! We didn't start watching football 4 years ago. Was talking about the fact that outside of the South spring games aren't a big deal.
04-20-2013 07:36 AM
panama Offline
Legend

(04-20-2013 07:28 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Should be a beautiful day at The Rock. New DC will have a chance to make a statement.
Scott Satterfield will be watching to see how fast his offense can snap the ball.
Wish it was regular football season next year already.

Current temp at 8:30, 40 degrees and sunny I believe the Dome lots just opened. It is sunny and the high is 65. Gonna be a beautiful day.
04-20-2013 07:41 AM
FORBIDDEN Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: football
I may be a fan of liberty, but bottom line at the end of the day, we are all fans of what's going in between those white lines, FOOTBALL. May not matter much to any of u but when I read that someone is gonna have over 50 recruits plus the soon to b incoming freshmen, that is always a good thing to see hear for any program. LU had over 100 kids and 13 incoming freshmen at there game. Anyways good luck to any and everyone team out there. A beautiful day out there it seems like for some springtime tackle football.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 08:06 AM by FORBIDDEN.)
04-20-2013 08:05 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

NC is in the south.

App's prior coach didn't like spring games.
04-20-2013 10:08 AM
panama Offline
Legend

I don't think most "like" them. But unless you're in ND or OR you had better have one.

Have fun guys and hopefully no injuries all around.
04-20-2013 10:26 AM
Advertisement

6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GA Southern
Nice video quality for the online stream of the App spring game. The continual playing of music at every available second during the game is a bit annoying though.
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013 01:41 PM by 6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern.)
04-20-2013 01:11 PM
AppAttack Offline
2nd String

Defense dominated today with the top 2 qb's out and it being so windy. That's usually the norm in Spring ball. 5 fg's all day.
04-20-2013 06:42 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(04-20-2013 06:42 PM)AppAttack Wrote:  Defense dominated today with the top 2 qb's out and it being so windy. That's usually the norm in Spring ball. 5 fg's all day.

Plus they evened up the offensive and defensive players so much on the Black and Gold teams they were not looking for a lot of offensive production. That came at our Charlotte scrimmage last week at Audrey Kell, plenty of offense then. Our 4th string QB Hallock, even though he had almost a perfect game when he started against WCU, didn't seem to be able to get the long ball into the wind. Hated the two hand tackling rule on the QB's.
Was good to hear Ricky Williams talking about his career at App State and playing football for years in the CFL and now being with NASCAR teams.
Didn't hear or see Chancellor Peacock at halftime though. They said they would interview him but then didn't hear it at all. Take it he didn't show up or got tied up. Hate to lose him, just hope the next Chancellor is half into football as he has been.
04-20-2013 06:54 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(04-20-2013 06:54 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Hated the two hand tackling rule on the QB's.

Marshall does touch QB also. Id rather do that than have a chance the starting QB or back up go down with a season ending injury due to your own players. No need to have your QB go down with an achilles or ACL/MCL tear.
04-20-2013 07:20 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(04-20-2013 07:20 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(04-20-2013 06:54 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Hated the two hand tackling rule on the QB's.

Marshall does touch QB also. Id rather do that than have a chance the starting QB or back up go down with a season ending injury due to your own players. No need to have your QB go down with an achilles or ACL/MCL tear.
We did touch as well
04-20-2013 07:21 PM
Advertisement

Wild Bill Kelso Offline
2nd String

(04-20-2013 01:11 PM)6FlagsOverGeorgiaSouthern Wrote:  Nice video quality for the online stream of the App spring game. The continual playing of music at every available second during the game is a bit annoying though.

It was even more annoying in the stadium. Same thing at the Charlotte scrimmage. Hard to understand what those folks are thinking at times. PA announcer tries to be witty and clever. Embarrassing when you compare our level of professionalism to other programs.
04-20-2013 08:25 PM
HCJag Offline
All American

I Root For: South Alabama
USA's spring game was a couple of weeks ago. We used the touch tackling on the first two qbs, but the others (5 played) had to be tackled. We had a good crowd and it was a fun day. This site says 2281 but I have no idea how they got that number being that admission was free. I think it was more like 4000. Lots of recruits were there.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...y-nebraska
04-20-2013 09:08 PM
GoApps70 Offline

I understand why the touch rule, just do not like it. A lot of times it would be good to see the QB either get out of
the grasp or pay the consequences if they don't kill him. Good thing for coaches to be able to evaluate also.
Just doesn't quite seem like football, more touchy feely.
Coach Satterfield is playing a lot of music at practices to motivate the players more. Guess there was a carry over to
spring game.
04-20-2013 09:35 PM
GoApps70 Offline

(04-20-2013 09:08 PM)HCJag Wrote:  USA's spring game was a couple of weeks ago. We used the touch tackling on the first two qbs, but the others (5 played) had to be tackled. We had a good crowd and it was a fun day. This site says 2281 but I have no idea how they got that number being that admission was free. I think it was more like 4000. Lots of recruits were there.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football...y-nebraska

You had a pretty good turn out, but not great. Saw on the Charlotte news where UNCC had something like 13,800 at their spring game today, but a large part of that may have been people able to see their stadium for the first time, and first kind of game there. Still good.
In that article Nebraska is unbelievable having over 60,000 for their spring game.
Needless to say App State didn't have that many, would have been nice. Gee.
04-20-2013 09:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.