Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] American Athletic Conference
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
[split] American Athletic Conference
(04-03-2013 08:15 PM)King_WWW08 Wrote:  Democrats and republican divisions

I'm not sure that would work these days. UCF will want free Obama phones!
04-03-2013 08:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
RE: American Athletic Conference
(04-03-2013 08:23 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 08:15 PM)King_WWW08 Wrote:  Democrats and republican divisions

I'm not sure that would work these days. UCF will want free Obama phones!

....or more tax breaks for the rich05-stirthepot
04-03-2013 08:26 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-03-2013 08:26 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  I'm not sure that would work these days. UCF will want free Obama phones!

[/quote]

Not getting off subject but the almost half the population doesn't pay federal taxes. The top 20% nearly pay all the federal taxes. Understand that before you hear the words "Fair". Obama reaches out to the leeches of society with that talk.
04-03-2013 08:29 PM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies
(04-03-2013 08:29 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Not getting off subject but the almost half the population doesn't pay federal taxes. The top 20% nearly pay all the federal taxes. Understand that before you hear the words "Fair". Obama reaches out to the leeches of society with that talk.

Whoa, it's almost like the people who have all the money are expected to pay more taxes. Note that I said "more" because, y'know, those FREELOADERS pay state/sales etc. taxes, which comes out to a significantly higher percentage of the MOOCHERS' income than the corresponding tax rates (sometimes) paid by the obscenely wealthy. But what do I know, GET OUTTA HERE COMMIES
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 08:34 PM by Psicosis.)
04-03-2013 08:32 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(04-03-2013 08:29 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 08:26 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  I'm not sure that would work these days. UCF will want free Obama phones!

Not getting off subject but the almost half the population doesn't pay federal taxes. The top 20% nearly pay all the federal taxes. Understand that before you hear the words "Fair". Obama reaches out to the leeches of society with that talk.
[/quote]

Everyone who works pays ss taxes which the government borrows to fund its budget. On top of that everyone who purchases a product pays sales tax, and renters and homeowners alike pay property taxes, either through rent or directly.

None of those people are leeches.
04-03-2013 08:35 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-03-2013 08:32 PM)Psicosis Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 08:29 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Not getting off subject but the almost half the population doesn't pay federal taxes. The top 20% nearly pay all the federal taxes. Understand that before you hear the words "Fair". Obama reaches out to the leeches of society with that talk.

Whoa, it's almost like the people who have all the money are expected to pay more taxes. Note that I said "more" because, y'know, those FREELOADERS pay state/sales etc. taxes, which comes out to a significantly higher percentage of the MOOCHERS' income than the corresponding tax rates (sometimes) paid by the obscenely wealthy. But what do I know, GET OUTTA HERE COMMIES

and the bottom 40% can't pay a dime? The top earners pay even a higher % of taxes on their money. I don't think we have to raise taxes at all on anybody. There is so much waste in government it is ridiculous.

We are going to go bust soon anyway. We are still running 1 trillion dollar deficits and Obama still wants to add more government programs. He is like a crack dealer. Our taxes is his crack.
04-03-2013 08:38 PM
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-03-2013 08:35 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  

Everyone who works pays ss taxes which the government borrows to fund its budget. On top of that everyone who purchases a product pays sales tax, and renters and homeowners alike pay property taxes, either through rent or directly.

[/quote]

Did you see I said "Federal" taxes? Yes, our society has turned into leeches. If you're in the top bracket in NY city you could end up paying over 60% tax when you consider federal, state, city, property, etc. Have fun working until August until you can keep your own money. Then the government lets their "own" retire at 55 for some jobs with a sweet pension. Like how that works? How about the teachers in Florida that get retirement plus their full paycheck in their last 5 years? Any of these options available in the private sector? Who pays for the public sector jobs?
04-03-2013 08:43 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(04-03-2013 08:38 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 08:32 PM)Psicosis Wrote:  

and the bottom 40% can't pay a dime? The top earners pay even a higher % of taxes on their money. I don't think we have to raise taxes at all on anybody. There is so much waste in government it is ridiculous.

We are going to go bust soon anyway. We are still running 1 trillion dollar deficits and Obama still wants to add more government programs. He is like a crack dealer. Our taxes is his crack.

...b/c corporate welfare is is ok and more morally acceptable than using tax money to make sure folks have access to preventative medicine that saves lives and doesn't bankrupt middle cass families with hospital bills they can't afford. Gotcha....

Btw, mission accomplished. I found a way to derail this conference name bashing thread...05-stirthepot
04-03-2013 08:46 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(04-03-2013 08:43 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  

Did you see I said "Federal" taxes? Yes, our society has turned into leeches. If you're in the top bracket in NY city you could end up paying over 60% tax when you consider federal, state, city, property, etc. Have fun working until August until you can keep your own money. Then the government lets their "own" retire at 55 for some jobs with a sweet pension. Like how that works? How about the teachers in Florida that get retirement plus their full paycheck in their last 5 years? Any of these options available in the private sector? Who pays for the public sector jobs?
[/quote]
Yeah b/c Florida teachers making $32k per year to educate our future are taking advantage of us all.....
04-03-2013 08:48 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-03-2013 08:46 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  ...b/c corporate welfare is is ok and more morally acceptable than using tax money to make sure folks have access to preventative medicine that saves lives and doesn't bankrupt middle cass families with hospital bills they can't afford. Gotcha....

Btw, mission accomplished. I found a way to derail this conference name bashing thread...05-stirthepot

See...Just change the subject on the conference name haters. Just need to hand out some "American" obama phones are we are set. Everyone will love "The American" if we give out free stuff.

...and we have the highest corporate tax rates in the world.
04-03-2013 08:50 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

(04-03-2013 08:43 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  

[/quote]

By all means, cut teacher pay at UCF.

You might not know it, but about 40% of university courses are taught by adjunct faculty who earn about 20K a year, with no healthcare, no pension, and no benefits.

And btw--ss payroll taxes are federal taxes, as you know.
04-03-2013 08:50 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(04-03-2013 08:50 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 08:46 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  ...b/c corporate welfare is is ok and more morally acceptable than using tax money to make sure folks have access to preventative medicine that saves lives and doesn't bankrupt middle cass families with hospital bills they can't afford. Gotcha....

See...Just change the subject on the conference name haters. Just need to hand out some "American" obama phones are we are set. Everyone will love "The American" if we give out free stuff.

...and we have the highest corporate tax rates in the world.

Does Sean Hannity know you are stealing his material?
04-03-2013 08:52 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF

[/quote]

They make nearly all the money in America too.
04-03-2013 08:55 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-03-2013 08:55 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

[/quote]

and they can get off their lazy butt and earn money. I worked 3 jobs in my senior year of UCF. It is almost unbelievable how lazy people are today. Let's learn from Greece and get back to Capitalism.

Did you see the state budget for Texas? How's liberal NY and Cali doing?
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 09:01 PM by KNIGHTTIME.)
04-03-2013 09:00 PM
CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
(04-03-2013 09:00 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  

and they can get off their lazy butt and earn money. I worked 3 jobs in my senior year of UCF. It is almost unbelievable how lazy people are today. Let's learn from Greece and get back to Capitalism.

[/quote]

http://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=540
04-03-2013 09:01 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-03-2013 08:48 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  Yeah b/c Florida teachers making $32k per year to educate our future are taking advantage of us all.....

Most of our teachers are worthless (Look at how the US ranks) and they make more than $32K in our area. I think the median is around $45-48K in Seminole County. Not great, but with federal benefits that probably is equal to $52K in the private sector. That is a job where you get the whole summer off and work from 9-4.
04-03-2013 09:05 PM
Advertisement

CyberBull Offline
Heisman

[/quote]

So I guess it's lost on you that the reason that you were able to get that fine UCF education was b/c of those evil liberal programs that keep education affordable and accessible to the everyday Joe...heh? The poor should know their place.....
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2013 09:17 PM by CyberBull.)
04-03-2013 09:12 PM
Xbones Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: East Carolina
As you can tell by these political posts on this thread, America is as polarized as any point in history since the Civil War. Just when we need unity in this conference, they come up with a divisive name. What did they use for a focus group? A kindergarten class?
04-03-2013 09:13 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF

[/quote]

The top 1% makes the same amount of money as the bottom 90%. They both can pay the same amount of taxes but they don't. Go tell a mother riding the city bus to get to her second minimum wage job, so that she can put food on the table for her kid, that she needs to get off her lazy butt.
04-03-2013 09:13 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

(04-03-2013 09:05 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(04-03-2013 08:48 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  Yeah b/c Florida teachers making $32k per year to educate our future are taking advantage of us all.....

Most of our teachers are worthless (Look at how the US ranks) and they make more than $32K in our area. I think the median is around $45-48K in Seminole County. Not great, but with federal benefits that probably is equal to $52K in the private sector. That is a job where you get the whole summer off and work from 9-4.

You sound like a bitter, bitter man...
04-03-2013 09:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.