Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bob Woodward NAILS Obama on Sequester!!!
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Bob Woodward NAILS Obama on Sequester!!!
Wiggle your way out of this one @sshole!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/b...print.html

Quote:The president and Lew had this wrong. My extensive reporting for my book “The Price of Politics” shows that the automatic spending cuts were initiated by the White House and were the brainchild of Lew and White House congressional relations chief Rob Nabors — probably the foremost experts on budget issues in the senior ranks of the federal government.

Obama personally approved of the plan for Lew and Nabors to propose the sequester to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.). They did so at 2:30 p.m. July 27, 2011, according to interviews with two senior White House aides who were directly involved.

Nabors has told others that they checked with the president before going to see Reid. A mandatory sequester was the only action-forcing mechanism they could devise. Nabors has said, “We didn’t actually think it would be that hard to convince them” — Reid and the Republicans — to adopt the sequester. “It really was the only thing we had. There was not a lot of other options left on the table.”
02-23-2013 07:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Bob Woodward NAILS Obama on Sequester!!!
Yeah, the president is trying so hard to hang this on Republicans (and who knows? maybe he will), but this is his baby.

To be such a smooth operator, he tanked this one badly. Not signing legislation you think is a terrible idea is President 101.
02-23-2013 09:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
He will... There is no way the media will turn on their pool party buddies in the whitehouse..
02-23-2013 07:31 PM
Advertisement

SouthGAEagle Offline
Overzealous Admin

I Root For: Mercer & USM

SkunkworksDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesSurvivor Champion
Quote:The president and Lew had this wrong.

Quote:This was an acknowledgment that the president and Lew had been wrong.

This isn't a math question they missed. They didn't get it wrong, they LIED.
02-23-2013 10:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Plenty of blame to go around. And at any rate, I thought all of you types were happy with sequestration? How can you guys be worried about "blame" for something you want to happen?
02-23-2013 11:29 PM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-23-2013 11:29 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  Plenty of blame to go around. And at any rate, I thought all of you types were happy with sequestration? How can you guys be worried about "blame" for something you want to happen?

Sequestration is the ONLY way the Federal Government GROWTH (NOT CUTS) gets slowed. The president orchestrated this as a way to quiet talk of exceeding the debt limit AGAIN during his reelection campaign. Now, the slimy bastard is publicly LYING that only Congress was involved.

It was his administration's idea - therefore, it's his defacto idea.........except he never owns anything. The sorriest excuse for a leader in the presidents office in my lifetime and that includes Nixon and Carter.

We used to have leaders like Truman that would say "The buck stops here". Obama - the opposite.
02-23-2013 11:59 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(02-23-2013 11:29 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  Plenty of blame to go around. And at any rate, I thought all of you types were happy with sequestration? How can you guys be worried about "blame" for something you want to happen?

Because of the spin, not the results.

Do you know what I call a 2% "cut" after years of 7%+ Baseline increases and two major new entitlement programs in ten years?

A good start!

The problem is that the media will let Obama endlessly campaign on this selling the negatives that will come out of it (and there will be a few) when ignoring the negatives of 16 trillion in debt.
02-24-2013 01:04 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl

It is a good and necessary thing. It seems to be the only way to get any actual cuts in spending. It does not go nearly far enough, but it's a good start.

But Obama and the bureaucrats don't want any good to come from it. So they will be sure to make the cuts that will hurt the most, and then blame it on republicans. We have probably 100,000 federal agency administrators making 6 figure salaries in the DC area. They don't deliver any goods or services. They don't even work where anything gets delivered to the public. They "administrate," which is bureaucratic-ese for sitting on your @$$ and doing nothing but making work for others. That's why federal programs are 75% overhead and 25% benefit instead of the other way around. The only people who benefit from their activities are themselves and their families and whoever holds the mortgage on their McMansion in suburban VA or MD. I'm guessing the over and under number on how many of them get laid off is zero. Instead of cutting back on new furniture for their executive offices, TSA is going to cut back on inspectors. Instead of canceling some million dollar boondoggle, HUD is going to slow down processing of applications for housing assistance.

They're going to make it hurt as badly as possible. They're going to see to it that all the cuts come in the worst possible places. They don't care if it cripples the economy, as long as they can blame it on republicans. In fact, they sort of hope it cripples the economy, as long as republicans get the blame, because that will give them another crisis not to let go to waste.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 07:41 AM by Owl 69/70/75.)
02-24-2013 07:41 AM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
And the media will cover their @sses for them so that there isn't even a trace of what really happened available to the general public.

I agree 100% about the "cuts", they will never trim the fat, they will play politics with this like that always do and attempt to demonize republicans so they can keep winning elections.

Winning elections is FAR more important to the Democratic Party than actually fixing the country and it's problems.

Although to be honest, they don't have the slightest clue how to fix the country anyways considering they are the ones who put us in this mess in the first place. Yeah, republicans played their part, but the majority of the "fat" is tied up in entitlements and that's all on the Democratic Party.

They have ZERO interest in fixing that problem because cutting government and cutting beaux racy goes against everything they believe in and everything they've worked for. Just look at how many new rules and regulations Obama has passed since getting re-elected!! They aren't interested in reform, they are interested in playing politics, playing the blame game and further dividing this country, period.
02-24-2013 08:19 AM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

Maybe the apocalyptic pronouncements from the White House are starting to get to us.

Why all the panic? Are we really to believe that the government runs so lean and clean that a 2% cut is going to be catastrophic?

Do you believe that?
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2013 08:48 AM by Smaug.)
02-24-2013 08:37 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-24-2013 08:37 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

Maybe the apocalyptic pronouncements from the White House are starting to get to us.

Why all the panic? Are we really to believe that the government runs so lean and clean that a 2% cut is going to be catastrophic?

Do you believe that?

Nope. Frankly they could cut closer to 20% without much ill effect - if they cut where it was needed. However, as Owl said, they will target the cuts to hurt the American public the most in an effort to get their sheeple to riot in the streets.

THAT would be a win for those scumbags.
02-24-2013 01:10 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(02-24-2013 01:10 PM)Crebman Wrote:  
(02-24-2013 08:37 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

Do you believe that?

Nope. Frankly they could cut closer to 20% without much ill effect - if they cut where it was needed. However, as Owl said, they will target the cuts to hurt the American public the most in an effort to get their sheeple to riot in the streets.

THAT would be a win for those scumbags.
03-lmfao
02-24-2013 01:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.