Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Twitter is burning up that UNC and Virgina will be joinning the BIG SOON
Bookmark and Share
HoyaAnt Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgetown
Twitter is burning up that UNC and Virgina will be joinning the BIG SOON
There is also talk that Ga.Tech will follow suit. The dominos is about to fall on the ACC. Let the realignment shift begin!
02-19-2013 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
RE: Twitter is burning up that UNC and Virgina will be joinning the BIG SOON
If that happens just watch as the SEC takes VT and NC St on the eve of the launch of their new channel.
02-19-2013 06:06 PM
FriarTuck420 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Providence
(02-19-2013 05:57 PM)HoyaAnt Wrote:  There is also talk that Ga.Tech will follow suit. The dominos is about to fall on the ACC. Let the realignment shift begin!

Seriously, don't touch that dial. One other thing to think about is that fact that Wake Forest could left out if this whole ACC Armageddon starts.

Would Wake be on the first flight in with Butler and Xavier.

And fwiw, the Big East board is just itching to turn on UCONN and Cin
02-19-2013 06:09 PM
MU88 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Wake, or anyone else with a football program, is not joining the C7. The ACC leftovers will invite UConn, UC and a few others and continue on their merry way.
02-19-2013 06:12 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(02-19-2013 06:12 PM)MU88 Wrote:  Wake, or anyone else with a football program, is not joining the C7. The ACC leftovers will invite UConn, UC and a few others and continue on their merry way.

Temple and USF if they lose one or more Florida teams for sure.
02-19-2013 06:25 PM
HoyaAnt Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgetown
Fox is looking to hit ESPN and the ACC really hard. If fox have their way, they will encourage BIG to expand to 20 teams, which means more teams will be raided from the ACC. In addition, if the BIG goes 20, there is no doubt the SEC will do the same just to keep up. And of course, the BIG 12 will expand at least three to four teams themselves. It wouldn't surprise me if BIG goes after syracuse if 20 is the number they go. There has been some interest in Syracuse for quite some time. In the end for the ACC, what comes around goes around. I will certainly not shed a tear for the poor ACC.
02-19-2013 06:25 PM
Advertisement

FriarTuck420 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Providence
(02-19-2013 06:12 PM)MU88 Wrote:  Wake, or anyone else with a football program, is not joining the C7. The ACC leftovers will invite UConn, UC and a few others and continue on their merry way.

I hear that a lot around here, I don't agree. I think you put together the best conference you can. Notre Dame? Wake Forest or Duke appears to be two schools that could be the biggest loser in realignment. I'm not saying they stopped sponsoring football. They will not be getting calls to any big time conference if it isn't in this round.
02-19-2013 06:26 PM
thegalen Offline
2nd String

I Root For: VCU
Like I've been saying, look at the map. Fox knows exactly where the B1G has been heading. Cutting the ACC's head off from its body would be a huge blow. To top it off, whether Tech or UVA goes, Virginia becomes a "battleground" state that Fox can make a real run at. Georgetown+VCU does a hell of a lot more for the C7 than Georgetown+UR. And either/both makes so much more sense than creeping into the plains and/or adding a team that's in 5th or 6th on the sports totem pole in its own city (and even lower in the state).

For as much as people talk about "cultural fit" in terms of publics vs. privates, how many of you know someone from Nebraska? I know one, and only because he works for Chuck Grassley. I know loads of people from Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, and the Northeast. The Rust Belt and BosWash megalopolis share a lot more than transportation infrastructure and overlapping direct flight routes: they're regionally and culturally relevant to one another.

The power center of the C7 lies in the five east coast teams. And the mid-atlantic/east are the only markets that are splitting wide open anytime soon. The corner of the country where the SEC, B1G and Big 12 intersect is just never going to be competitive for a new market entrant.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 07:06 PM by thegalen.)
02-19-2013 06:36 PM
Clueless Economist Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: the underdog
If these moves happen, then UConn and Cincy are ACC bound . . . and wait for it . . . Georgetown gets an invite to appease the former Big East schools and to cut the competition off before it gets started.
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 09:12 PM by Clueless Economist.)
02-19-2013 09:11 PM
Jet915 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Creighton/Navy
If this happens the Big Ten will destroy college sports.....oh well, if it gets UCONN and Cincy outside of the Big East, it might make it easier for the BE7 to leave and take the name.
02-19-2013 10:31 PM
ivet Offline
1st String

I Root For: ThePaul, Hoya
My co-worker (who is a Terp grad) stated this has some traction. He follows ACC news quiet well and even knew of the Maryland defection before people on this board starting talking about it.

Best case scenerio--Duke dumps their football program somewhere and joins us...this is just wishful thinking though, no basis on this. They can still have their OOC game vs UNC and Maryland. Then we shift the ACC vs B1G challenge to C+7+ vs B1G and they wont have to play OOC.
02-19-2013 10:51 PM
Advertisement

EPJr Offline
All American

I Root For: VCU, MLS, USMNT
(02-19-2013 10:51 PM)ivet Wrote:  Best case scenerio--Duke dumps their football program somewhere and joins us...this is just wishful thinking though, no basis on this. They can still have their OOC game vs UNC and Maryland. Then we shift the ACC vs B1G challenge to C+7+ vs B1G and they wont have to play OOC.

what about UND?
02-20-2013 10:33 AM
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
You guys are funny. You really think ESPN will let FOX come in and cut up the ACC for FOX's gain?

Has the B1G extended offers? Probably Yes to some ACC schools.

Will they accept? No indications.

Has the legit media reported on anything other than the rumors? Not that I've seen.

Twitter and fan blogs are the new reality but it is not reliable and often is just fan boy propaganda.
02-20-2013 10:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
College Basketball Fan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: D1 Basketball
If this happens, expect:

1. Notre Dame to shake loose and decide between the SEC, Big 12, and B1G, with the B1G favored. The C7 would be lower in priority.
2. Duke to try and join the SEC
3. UConn to jump to the ACC
4. Some combination of Florida State, Clemson, and NCState to the Big 12.

After that, I could see Boston College becoming a C7 target, or the ACC trying to pull Georgetown in. I'm not sure what would happen with the teams not mentioned.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2013 11:17 AM by College Basketball Fan.)
02-20-2013 11:17 AM
aughnanure Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marquette
(02-20-2013 10:48 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  You guys are funny. You really think ESPN will let FOX come in and cut up the ACC for FOX's gain?

Has the legit media reported on anything other than the rumors? Not that I've seen.

Twitter and fan blogs are the new reality but it is not reliable and often is just fan boy propaganda.

You think the B1G cares about ESPN?
02-20-2013 12:11 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(02-20-2013 12:11 PM)aughnanure Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 10:48 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  You guys are funny. You really think ESPN will let FOX come in and cut up the ACC for FOX's gain?

I've never agreed more with you before. ESPN can bully a lot of folks, but the Big Ten isn't one of them. There isn't anything realistic ESPN can do about it either. Nothing.

And as i've said on the cr board, if the Big Ten just takes UVA, it's over for the ACC. VT goes to the SEC, and you have a HUGE gap between Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse, and BC- and the rest of the ACC.
02-20-2013 12:20 PM
Advertisement

curtis0620 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt
(02-20-2013 12:20 PM)stever20 Wrote:  

I've never agreed more with you before. ESPN can bully a lot of folks, but the Big Ten isn't one of them. There isn't anything realistic ESPN can do about it either. Nothing.

And as i've said on the cr board, if the Big Ten just takes UVA, it's over for the ACC. VT goes to the SEC, and you have a HUGE gap between Pitt, Louisville, Syracuse, and BC- and the rest of the ACC.

Pure Fantasy. UVA & UNC are not going anywhere.
02-20-2013 02:06 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
well well well, our favorite Pitt troll made his way over here.....

UNC might not, but if UVA does(and I think they will), it doesn't matter.
02-20-2013 02:07 PM
Melky Cabrera Offline
Bill Bradley

I Root For: UConn
(02-20-2013 02:06 PM)curtis0620 Wrote:  
(02-20-2013 12:20 PM)stever20 Wrote:  

Pure Fantasy. UVA & UNC are not going anywhere.

Don't bet the farm on that.
02-20-2013 02:39 PM
curtis0620 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt
Just saw on Syracuse Board, Oklahoma to the B1G.

HUGE NEWS.
02-20-2013 02:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.