Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Redmans Own Personal Vision of Realignment Armageddon
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
Redmans Own Personal Vision of Realignment Armageddon
Ok, before I start just let me say that I do not think this will happen. Though with everyone talking about the coming of the super conferences it got the mice on the wheels in my head spinning. Okay my off the wall prediction (we all have one) of THE RISE OF THE SUPER CONFERENCES!!!!

The B1G starts it all off when they invite UVA, UNC and Duke. Basically letting ND know that their new conference isn't as stable or great as they thought.

Then ND starts flirting with the Big XII about getting the same kind of sweet heart deal.

While that is happening the SEC swoops in and scoops up VT, NC St, FSU and WVU. Yes, the SEC doesn't want to double up on a state but FSU is a valuable property and cuts the knees out from the Big XII and their hopes of expanding east.

The Pac-12 then gets in on the cannibalism and offers invites to UT, T Tech, OU, OSU, KU and KSU and stipulates that anyone can come and they do NOT need to come as a group. UT wants to keep everyone together and get ND as a BBall partner but the other 5 all accept and force UT's hand as they round out the new Pac-18

At that point ND reluctantly accepts the B1G's all sports invite as they see that three conferences will rule the land.

The ACC has 10 teams left, the Big XII has three and they decide to merge and add some nBE schools to round out their numbers.

BC
UConn
Cuse
Temple
Pitt
Wake
GT
Clemson
USF
Miami
TCU
Baylor
ISU
Cincy
UofL
Houston
UCF***
Memphis***

***Only if they want to go to 18.

Now the discussion is do they go with the Big XII conference since they have a better TV deal and the Sugar Bowl. The ACC does not have as good of a deal but they have the Orange Bowl. I think being the Big 18 or 16 is better than calling a conference that stretches from Iowa to Miami to Waco to Boston the "Atlantic Coast Conference".

B1G:

East-
UVA
UNC
Duke
Maryland
Rutgers
PSU
OSU
UM
MSU

West-
Iowa
Nebraska
Minny
Wisconsin
Illinois
NW
Indiana
Purdue
Notre Dame

SEC:

East-
VT
NC St
WVU
USC
Georgia
FSU
UF
UK
Vandy

West-
LSU
Bama
Auburn
A&M
Ole Miss
MSU
Mizz
Tenn
Arkansas

Pac-18:

East-
Texas
OU
Tech
OSU
KU
KSU
Colorado
ASU
UA

West:
USC
UCLA
Stanford
Cal
OSU
Oregon
WSU
Washington
Utah

Big 18:

North-
BC
UConn
Cuse
Temple
Pitt
Cincy
UofL
ISU
Memphis

South-
TCU
Houston
Baylor
USF
UCF
Miami
Wake
Clemson
GT
02-09-2013 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Redmans Own Personal Vision of Realignment Armageddon
In your scenario the ACC is left with...

Boston College
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pitt
Syracuse
Wake Forest

Then I'd rather just add Baylor and TCU and stay at 10.
02-09-2013 01:19 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(02-09-2013 01:19 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  In your scenario the ACC is left with...

Boston College
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pitt
Syracuse
Wake Forest

Except this is my super duper conference realignment scenario. Also if everyone is going to 18 why just go to 10 and leave value on the table like Cincy, UConn, Temple, Houston. Oh and why would those two ant to be on an island in a east coast league? The north eastern schools would want more access into florida.

Once again, i dont think any of this will happen. Just day dreaming.
02-09-2013 01:57 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
(02-09-2013 01:57 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 01:19 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  In your scenario the ACC is left with...

Boston College
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pitt
Syracuse
Wake Forest

Except this is my super duper conference realignment scenario. Also if everyone is going to 18 why just go to 10 and leave value on the table like Cincy, UConn, Temple, Houston. Oh and why would those two ant to be on an island in a east coast league? The north eastern schools would want more access into florida.

didnt you forget somebody? Hint: it starts with C and ends with a number between 7 and 18. 04-cheers
02-09-2013 05:17 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(02-09-2013 05:17 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 01:57 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  

Boston College
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pitt
Syracuse
Wake Forest

didnt you forget somebody? Hint: it starts with C and ends with a number between 7 and 18. 04-cheers

Well we wont be effected by whatever the worshipers of the skin of a swine do. 04-cheers
02-09-2013 06:04 PM
Big 12 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Texas
It is as if the Big 12's GOR doesn't exist in this insane little world you have created for yourself. Good for you! Color outside the lines!
02-09-2013 06:04 PM
Advertisement

Big 12 Offline
2nd String

The Pac-12 then gets in on the cannibalism and offers invites to UT, T Tech, OU, OSU, KU and KSU and stipulates that anyone can come and they do NOT need to come as a group.

This is the funniest thing ever posted on this site. Without a doubt.

They day the Pac offers Texas Tech free and clear of whether or not Texas also joins is the day I crap a 10,000 square-foot solid gold mansion and move into it with all of the Victoria's Secret Models.
02-09-2013 06:07 PM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(02-09-2013 06:07 PM)Big 12 Wrote:  The Pac-12 then gets in on the cannibalism and offers invites to UT, T Tech, OU, OSU, KU and KSU and stipulates that anyone can come and they do NOT need to come as a group.

They day the Pac offers Texas Tech free and clear of whether or not Texas also joins is the day I crap a 10,000 square-foot solid gold mansion and move into it with all of the Victoria's Secret Models.

Did you miss the part where I said I don't think this will ever happen? Do they teach you guys how to read down there in the lone star state?

Oh and I was saying it would cut out the legs of Texas from holding the other teams hostage like they did the last go round. If those schools did bail texas would be forced to follow suit.
02-09-2013 06:46 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

(02-09-2013 06:07 PM)Big 12 Wrote:  The Pac-12 then gets in on the cannibalism and offers invites to UT, T Tech, OU, OSU, KU and KSU and stipulates that anyone can come and they do NOT need to come as a group.

Let me know when that happens. I want to come visit! 03-lmfao
02-09-2013 06:51 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(02-09-2013 06:51 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  

It'll be a B12 members only club. No riffraff allowed... 05-stirthepot
02-09-2013 07:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big 12 Offline
2nd String

cut out the legs of Texas from holding the other teams hostage like they did the last go round.

For the life of me, I can't even begin to imagine what you are talking about here......
02-09-2013 08:30 PM
Advertisement

NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

(02-09-2013 08:30 PM)Big 12 Wrote:  cut out the legs of Texas from holding the other teams hostage like they did the last go round.

For the life of me, I can't even begin to imagine what you are talking about here......

Im not shocked at all by this statement.
02-09-2013 08:33 PM
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

(02-09-2013 07:10 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 06:51 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  

It'll be a B12 members only club. No riffraff allowed... 05-stirthepot

how dare you sir! 03-lmfao
02-09-2013 08:45 PM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
(02-09-2013 06:46 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  

Did you miss the part where I said I don't think this will ever happen? Do they teach you guys how to read down there in the lone star state?

Oh and I was saying it would cut out the legs of Texas from holding the other teams hostage like they did the last go round. If those schools did bail texas would be forced to follow suit.

Just ignore the Texas fan. He is the perfect reason why so many fans think UT fans are arrogant. If Superconference armageddon happens and the PAC is "forced" to expand, having a portion of the state of Texas is better than not having any of it. What other viable options does the PAC have? Boise? New Mexico? UNLV? Houston?

I have read rumors that Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma St had invites to the PAC but ESPN and UT killed the deal. Supposedly, UT threatened to withdraw their offer to help Tech reach AAU status in the future. For the record, I don't believe that rumor but I have seen it repeated numerous times.
02-10-2013 09:52 AM
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame

Boston College
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Louisville
Miami
Pitt
Syracuse
Wake Forest

In this scenario, I would prefer that ND remain with this group than join the Big Ten.
02-10-2013 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
Bottom line here has always been that CUSA, WAC, MWC and the Big East all wanted the ACC to die. Well, the ACC is in the Cat Bird seat and look what has happened to Big 12, CUSA, WAC, MWC, the Big East and the C7! The ACC is doing just fine! 03-lmfao 07-coffee3
02-10-2013 12:21 PM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
Sounds good to me. Anything is better than where we are now.
02-10-2013 12:33 PM
Big 12 Offline
2nd String

Supposedly, UT threatened to withdraw their offer to help Tech reach AAU status in the future.

Saying Texas won't help Tech reach AAU status is like me saying I will never assist Honey Boo Boo's mother in her attempt to be president of the United States.
02-10-2013 01:40 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
If anything close to this happens they will split in to 6 regional conferences within 5 years.
02-10-2013 02:12 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(02-10-2013 01:40 PM)Big 12 Wrote:  
(02-10-2013 09:52 AM)jml2010 Wrote:  
(02-09-2013 06:46 PM)NJRedMan Wrote:  

Just ignore the Texas fan. He is the perfect reason why so many fans think UT fans are arrogant. If Superconference armageddon happens and the PAC is "forced" to expand, having a portion of the state of Texas is better than not having any of it. What other viable options does the PAC have? Boise? New Mexico? UNLV? Houston?

I have read rumors that Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma St had invites to the PAC but ESPN and UT killed the deal. Supposedly, UT threatened to withdraw their offer to help Tech reach AAU status in the future. For the record, I don't believe that rumor but I have seen it repeated numerous times.

Saying Texas won't help Tech reach AAU status is like me saying I will never assist Honey Boo Boo's mother in her attempt to be president of the United States.

I gotta agree with this. AAU is an organization for research-focused universities, and there are only 60 members. Texas Tech is 146th on the list of research activity. The schools directly in front of Tech are Dayton, Rhode Island, FIU, Ole' Miss, Idaho, and New Mexico Institute of Mining. None of those schools are getting into the AAU, and neither is Texas Tech.

The next schools in line based are UAB, Cincinnati, and USF (all top-50 research schools). And I don't think any of those three will get in until their US News ratings get to the point that it's a good PR move to add them.

No knock on Texas Tech as there are plenty of good universities who aren't in the AAU (Dartmouth and Notre Dame are just two of them).
02-10-2013 03:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.