Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Next two should be a good barometer
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Next two should be a good barometer
On the road where neither venue has been particularly accommodating to Bronco victories of late.

Neither team is as good as WMU. But they are both very competitive if they shoot well. And being on the road, maybe a little mentally tired from this last stretch against demanding MAC East competition we will see if the boys loosen their grip on the reins any.

Interesting match up at the guard with BSU's quick and offensive minded pair and Majok and his length against Shayne.

Calhoun at BGSU always seems to come to play agains us and Vinnie Microwave Crawford has been sputtering lately. Will he heat up and drop 30 coming up soon?
02-06-2013 11:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
RE: Next two should be a good barometer
I think our next big barometer will be in the MAC tourney. I expect this team to win out now.
02-07-2013 01:10 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

I Root For: WMU
I expect us to lose 2-3 more. Toledo is on fire, and our away games could trips up like GBL said. Nachos Bgsu prediction is a possibility too.
02-07-2013 06:48 AM
dunkface Offline
Special Teams

I thought we would lose to one of Kent State or Buffalo and drop one of the remaining road games. I was obviously wrong about the first part of that, hope I am about the second but I think we will lose 1-2 of the remaining road games. I don't expect us to lose another conference home game.
02-07-2013 08:03 AM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(02-07-2013 01:10 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  I think our next big barometer will be in the MAC tourney. I expect this team to win out now.

On paper, yes. In reality, others who have talent will weigh in.

A question that will come up the further we go along is, "Have the kids peaked?"

Peaking is mental. It is unconscious. It can't be brought on my focus or eliminating distractions or any other manipulative action. It is a matter of playing relaxed, confident and instinctively.

If it were simply obtained and available upon request it would be bottled and sold and would have been a long time ago.

The remaining regular schedule will be interesting. No direct confrontations other than possibly Toledo with anything on the line. OU and Akron wont be seen until Cleveland. Consequences will be indirect. We win and OU stumbles or Akron trips up all of suddent the gap closes but it is ultimately dependent on them not us.
So that leaves us needing to just focus at hand. I think that serves us better. One game at a time. No need to look forward.
02-07-2013 09:44 AM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

I completely agree about the one game at a time, and that seems to be the attitude the team is taking this year. I am a bit more confident about road games after the win at Miami. The only one that really worries me is Toledo.

Still, we play a lot of freshman and they could slip one night. But I am impressed with how this year’s team plays the full 40 minutes. Last night WMU never led till almost have way through the second half. Every time WMU pulled ahead, KSU had an answer. These guys just do not quit!

In prior years, Hawk’s teams always seemed to come out flat at the start of the second half. Can’t remember all the times where WMU gave up a lead after the intermission. This year the story is exactly the opposite. Not sure how Hawk changed his halftime talk, but it is working!
02-07-2013 09:54 AM
Advertisement

DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Bates.
02-07-2013 10:04 AM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

Have thought about what Bates impact might be, DB. But fact is he was here in some of the years where we would come out flat after intermission. Seemed to be a long term characteristic of WMU.

So, not sure what the change is, just know it's a welcome change.
02-07-2013 10:09 AM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

This group responds to coaching very well. Whether it's Hawk, Bates, Kool or Holland...they listen and execute a game plan. I'm not convinced that has always been the case in years past.
02-07-2013 10:44 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(02-07-2013 10:09 AM)Broncobelt Wrote:  Have thought about what Bates impact might be, DB. But fact is he was here in some of the years where we would come out flat after intermission. Seemed to be a long term characteristic of WMU.

He's older and more experienced now, was away from Hawk and came back. From what I'm hearing, he's making a big impact culture wise and tactically.
02-07-2013 11:14 AM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

(02-07-2013 11:14 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 10:09 AM)Broncobelt Wrote:  Have thought about what Bates impact might be, DB. But fact is he was here in some of the years where we would come out flat after intermission. Seemed to be a long term characteristic of WMU.

He's older and more experienced now, was away from Hawk and came back. From what I'm hearing, he's making a big impact culture wise and tactically.

That is great to hear. For years rumor has been that Bates would be the logical successor to Hawk.
02-07-2013 11:18 AM
Advertisement

thegeneral Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU, OU
The only thing left for Bates to master is knowing when to tell Hawk to STFU as a Technical Foul is imminent.
02-07-2013 05:13 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Hawk has to stop taking off his jacket when he's pissed at the refs. He just loses more credibility with that Doughboy look. Much more effective in his Mr. Tophamhat suit.

[Image: sir_topham_hatt.jpg] > [Image: doughboy.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2013 08:00 PM by Chipdip.)
02-07-2013 05:26 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

I do agree about the jacket.

But Hiller4Hyz is mad that you just stole his pic.
02-07-2013 06:23 PM
Broncobelt Offline
All American

(02-07-2013 05:13 PM)thegeneral Wrote:  The only thing left for Bates to master is knowing when to tell Hawk to STFU as a Technical Foul is imminent.

Don't disagree but it's kind of hard to tell your boss to STFU. Especially in public.
02-07-2013 07:48 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(02-07-2013 06:23 PM)EA3 Wrote:  I do agree about the jacket.

But Hiller4Hyz is mad that you just stole his pic.

I originally got my picture from CD.
02-07-2013 09:04 PM
Advertisement

thegeneral Offline
Heisman

(02-07-2013 07:48 PM)Broncobelt Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 05:13 PM)thegeneral Wrote:  The only thing left for Bates to master is knowing when to tell Hawk to STFU as a Technical Foul is imminent.

Don't disagree but it's kind of hard to tell your boss to STFU. Especially in public.

Figuratively of course!
02-07-2013 10:20 PM
acer1 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Ok, let's all find a way to jump on Hawk????????????????????

Always proud to be a Bronco.
02-08-2013 09:17 AM
thegeneral Offline
Heisman

Coaches should not be getting Ts. You need to learn to control yourself.

Well, an occasional one is fine, but it's becoming a pattern.
02-08-2013 03:48 PM
EA3 Offline
Heisman

(02-08-2013 03:48 PM)thegeneral Wrote:  Coaches should not be getting Ts. You need to learn to control yourself.

Well, an occasional one is fine, but it's becoming a pattern.

He's had two this year correct? Well, in conference games for sure. I don't recall the non conference.

The first tech was horribly timed. The second one was better, not ideal, but better in that it happened in the first half at least.

If a coach happens to get a tech, I prefer it to be during a time when the team needs a spark or change of pace. Against kent he got it with 52 seconds left in the half. It worked out in our favor...but still bad timing IMO.

Two techs isn't a pattern. If he gets a 3rd...then yeah, I'd say it's a pattern. Or...when it bites us and contributes to a loss, then the gloves come off :)
02-08-2013 03:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.