Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Major Applewhite-University of Texas OC inappropriate "relationship"
jml2010 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Tx Tech & UNT
Major Applewhite-University of Texas OC inappropriate "relationship"
http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/...dent.html/

Quote:Texas co-offensive coordinator Major Applewhite took part in “inappropriate, consensual behavior with an adult student” at the 2009 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, documents released by the school Friday evening show

Quote:The UT Board of Regents called a special meeting for Sunday to discuss, among other items, “legal issues concerning individual athletics personnel at UT Austin” and “legal issues related to inappropriate relationships between employees and students.”

Sounds strange to call a special board meeting because of this. Something else has to be going on IMHO.
02-02-2013 03:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

billetingman1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston
RE: Major Applewhite-University of Texas OC inappropriate "relationship"
(02-02-2013 03:22 AM)jml2010 Wrote:  http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/...dent.html/

Quote:Texas co-offensive coordinator Major Applewhite took part in “inappropriate, consensual behavior with an adult student” at the 2009 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, documents released by the school Friday evening show

Quote:The UT Board of Regents called a special meeting for Sunday to discuss, among other items, “legal issues concerning individual athletics personnel at UT Austin” and “legal issues related to inappropriate relationships between employees and students.”

Sounds strange to call a special board meeting because of this. Something else has to be going on IMHO.

Well Texas fired their womens track coach for the same thing on 1-8-2013.....She won 7 national titles, and is in the track hall of fame. I think a presidence has been set....If not Bev Kearney has a lawsuit in the making.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/08/us/texas-t...index.html
02-02-2013 06:40 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
A Sunday Board of Regents meeting for this does seem strange.
02-02-2013 09:04 AM
Big 12 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Texas
There are some differences in the 2 situations (Bev Kearney and Major Applewhite) but this is still very bad. I think Applewhite loses his job and this might be the end of DeLoss Dodds.

Also, there are plenty more skeletons in the closet. Just Google the cover-up of Cleve Bryant (old Freak Nasty). This could get a lot uglier.
02-02-2013 09:33 AM
NJRedMan Offline
Tasted It

I Root For: St. Johns
(02-02-2013 09:33 AM)Big 12 Wrote:  There are some differences in the 2 situations (Bev Kearney and Major Applewhite) but this is still very bad. I think Applewhite loses his job and this might be the end of DeLoss Dodds.

Also, there are plenty more skeletons in the closet. Just Google the cover-up of Cleve Bryant (old Freak Nasty). This could get a lot uglier.

This might be a move to undermine mack brown and use another poor season as an excuse to can him and go after who they want. (Gary Patterson)
02-02-2013 09:55 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(02-02-2013 09:33 AM)Big 12 Wrote:  There are some differences in the 2 situations (Bev Kearney and Major Applewhite) but this is still very bad. I think Applewhite loses his job and this might be the end of DeLoss Dodds.

You could be right. This would allow Texas to the opportunity to kick Mack Brown upstairs. They would then be free to hire a new coach...
02-02-2013 10:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jml2010 Offline
Banned

If Deloss is fired or quits over this, Houston fans will rejoice. According to rumors, Deloss hates UH and has done everything in his power to keep UH out of the Big 12. If Deloss quits or gets fired, UH might have a shot at the Big 12 in the future.

I don't think he will be fired but lots of chatter on shorthorn boards wanting him canned.
02-02-2013 10:13 AM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

(02-02-2013 10:08 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  

You could be right. This would allow Texas to the opportunity to kick Mack Brown upstairs. They would then be free to hire a new coach...

Don't shoot the messenger but lots of whorn fans want Ollie if Deloss is indeed canned. IIRC, Ollie got his law degree from UT-Austin.
02-02-2013 10:15 AM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
there is a huge difference between a relationship with an adult student and a relationship with an adult student that you have responsibility over. the first is just creepy the second should lead toward you being fired
02-02-2013 10:15 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(02-02-2013 10:15 AM)jml2010 Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 10:08 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  

Don't shoot the messenger but lots of whorn fans want Ollie if Deloss is indeed canned. IIRC, Ollie got his law degree from UT-Austin.
Oliver Luck would be a good choice for Texas. But I kind of doubt he'll leave WVU when he has so much in progress at present. Ollie likes to finish what he's started...
02-02-2013 10:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
indydoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
Why is this a conferencerealignment issue?
[/i]
02-02-2013 10:30 AM
Advertisement

Big 12 Offline
2nd String

(02-02-2013 10:15 AM)bladhmadh Wrote:  there is a huge difference between a relationship with an adult student and a relationship with an adult student that you have responsibility over. the first is just creepy the second should lead toward you being fired

This chick was a student & worked for the athletics department for the football team. Applewhite was technically her boss.

As for U of Houston, no matter what happens to DeLoss, they will never be in the Big 12. The disdain for the crap Houston pulled runs deeper than one person. Texas would say "f*** the GOR" and be out the door the day Houston was offered.
02-02-2013 10:30 AM
Big 12 Offline
2nd String

(02-02-2013 10:30 AM)indydoug Wrote:  Why is this a conferencerealignment issue?
[/i]

If this situation gets DeLoss Dodds fired, Texas could have a whole new approach to realignment which means the Big 12 would have a whole new approach to realignment.
02-02-2013 10:31 AM
jml2010 Offline
Banned

(02-02-2013 10:31 AM)Big 12 Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 10:30 AM)indydoug Wrote:  Why is this a conferencerealignment issue?
[/i]

If this situation gets DeLoss Dodds fired, Texas could have a whole new approach to realignment which means the Big 12 would have a whole new approach to realignment.

Exactly +2.
02-02-2013 10:38 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(02-02-2013 09:04 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  A Sunday Board of Regents meeting for this does seem strange.

I think we need to establish was the adult student a male or female and did that person report to him. 07-coffee3
02-02-2013 10:38 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Here is a link to the agenda for this emergency meeting. Looks serious for someone in the athletic department.

http://www.utsystem.edu/sites/utsfiles/o...2013ab.pdf
02-02-2013 10:41 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(02-02-2013 10:38 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 09:04 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  A Sunday Board of Regents meeting for this does seem strange.
I think we need to establish was the adult student a male or female and did that person report to him. 07-coffee3
No. We don't need to establish anything more than whether or not a school official had a relationship with a student, which is inappropriate behavior in any state...
02-02-2013 10:42 AM
RedEyeCougar Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-02-2013 10:13 AM)jml2010 Wrote:  

If Deloss is fired or quits over this, Houston fans will rejoice. According to rumors, Deloss hates UH and has done everything in his power to keep UH out of the Big 12. If Deloss quits or gets fired, UH might have a shot at the Big 12 in the future.

I don't think he will be fired but lots of chatter on shorthorn boards wanting him canned.

I hope he is fired.
02-02-2013 10:48 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(02-02-2013 10:48 AM)RedEyeCougar Wrote:  

I hope he is fired.
Ready to donate the gasoline and matches, eh?
02-02-2013 10:56 AM
RedEyeCougar Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-02-2013 10:56 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 10:48 AM)RedEyeCougar Wrote:  

I hope he is fired.
Ready to donate the gasoline and matches, eh?

Hadn't thought of it in that way but, he needs to go.
02-02-2013 11:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.