Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sports star tackled his dream (Chuck Ealey)
RangerRocket Offline
Rangers Lead The Way

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Sports star tackled his dream (Chuck Ealey)
01-22-2013 10:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

afluellen fan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: toledo football
RE: Sports star tackled his dream (Chuck Ealey)
Great article
01-22-2013 10:25 AM
Advertisement

RocketElvis Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Rockets
Chuck Ealey was born January 6th 1950. That would make him 63. If the events happened when he was 13 years old that would have been 1963 not the late 1950's. Or maybe it's correct and Chuck was born in 1945 and was a 23 year old freshman in 1968. It's the blah so I guess they only need to be in the ballpark and not accurate.
01-22-2013 11:21 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-22-2013 11:21 AM)RocketElvis Wrote:  Chuck Ealey was born January 6th 1950. That would make him 63. If the events happened when he was 13 years old that would have been 1963 not the late 1950's. Or maybe it's correct and Chuck was born in 1945 and was a 23 year old freshman in 1968. It's the blah so I guess they only need to be in the ballpark and not accurate.

I've learned over the years to never repeat anything you read in the Blade as being factually correct - or you stand to look like a fool.

Ealey cannot be 68 years old - unless he lied about his age when he went to high school. He would have been 19 years old when he left the 9th grade (still considered junior high back then).

Ealey graduated in 1972 at the age of 22 - which means he was born in 1950. And he would have just turned 63 - not 68 - as you correctly pointed out.

Must have been another Chuck Ealey from Portsmouth, Ohio that the this article was written about. Interesting similarities to the guy known as the Wizard of Ahhhs.
01-26-2013 10:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.