Building the Rockets
01-22-2013 07:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rockethuff89 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Building the Rockets
If we have the No. 1 recruiting class once again for the fourth straight year, then there is no excuse for not winning a Championship.

It all comes down to X's and O's then. We need to now show it on the field. Tired of reading about all this talent that we are bringing in, yet we are not winning the MAC.

I know, only 7 points against Ball State and Northern.

But great programs figure out a way to step up and win. And that's what we need to become. A great program once again.
01-22-2013 09:27 AM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-22-2013 09:27 AM)Rockethuff89 Wrote:  If we have the No. 1 recruiting class once again for the fourth straight year, then there is no excuse for not winning a Championship.

It all comes down to X's and O's then. We need to now show it on the field. Tired of reading about all this talent that we are bringing in, yet we are not winning the MAC.

But great programs figure out a way to step up and win. And that's what we need to become. A great program once again.

Maybe other MAC coaches are doing more with less talent.
01-22-2013 09:59 AM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Quote:recruits dined at Bruce Gradkowski’s new restaurant on Saturday

Smart way to make multiple statements
01-22-2013 10:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

(01-22-2013 10:37 AM)NewMex RocketFan Wrote:  

The one thing is missing is a "great QB" We have had good QB play, but inconsistent and many times not great! That is why NIU is winning because their current and former QB played great when needed.
01-22-2013 11:01 AM
AquaRocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(01-22-2013 11:01 AM)Stpetebeachrocketfan Wrote:  

The one thing is missing is a "great QB" We have had good QB play, but inconsistent and many times not great! That is why NIU is winning because their current and former QB played great when needed.
Not against FSU. Lynch was totally ineffective.
01-22-2013 11:23 AM
Rockethuff89 Offline
Water Engineer

Would definitely agree with that statement. Owens has not progressed to the point where he should be.

But more glaring than that, is the play of the defense. They could not put together 4 quarters to save their lives all season. They got off to a good start against NIU, but had a 3rd quarter melt down. We need better coaching on that side of the ball.
01-22-2013 11:39 AM
Advertisement

Rockethuff89 Offline
Water Engineer

(01-22-2013 09:59 AM)DetroitRocket Wrote:  
(01-22-2013 09:27 AM)Rockethuff89 Wrote:  If we have the No. 1 recruiting class once again for the fourth straight year, then there is no excuse for not winning a Championship.

Maybe other MAC coaches are doing more with less talent.

Agree 100%
01-22-2013 11:40 AM
Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

(01-22-2013 11:23 AM)AquaRocket Wrote:  

Not against FSU. Lynch was totally ineffective.

Very true, but their QB play that last three years kept us out of the MACC. If we win those games, we are the MACC game representative of the West.
01-22-2013 11:51 AM
Pappylizard Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UT
(01-22-2013 11:39 AM)Rockethuff89 Wrote:  

Would definitely agree with that statement. Owens has not progressed to the point where he should be.

But more glaring than that, is the play of the defense. They could not put together 4 quarters to save their lives all season. They got off to a good start against NIU, but had a 3rd quarter melt down. We need better coaching on that side of the ball.

The Cincinnati game we didnt score an offensive touchdown and won on defense and special teams alone.
01-22-2013 11:56 AM
Advertisement

Rockethuff89 Offline
Water Engineer

(01-22-2013 11:56 AM)Pappylizard Wrote:  
(01-22-2013 11:39 AM)Rockethuff89 Wrote:  

The Cincinnati game we didnt score an offensive touchdown and won on defense and special teams alone.

That is true. My bad. I was specifically talking about conference games. Non-conference wins are great, but if we don't back them up with an MAC Championship they really don't mean that much in my opinion.
01-22-2013 12:15 PM
Pappylizard Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UT
I agree that we need better and more consistent QB play. Hopefully TO can respond with that this year. After that it appears our eggs are going in the basket of whatever QBs we end up with in this recruiting class. Haven't heard much on Blackburn or other roster QBs so we definitely need TO to step it up this year. Needs more zip on the out passes IMO.
01-22-2013 12:20 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
UT was #5 in the nation in 2011 in lost starts due to injury and
2012 was very bad for high profile injuries also. Most programs don't even have winning records being that banged up. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you really get hit with the injury bug you won't win championships. NIU is a totally different team if Lynch has a major injury. When Carder went down last season the whole WMU program imploded.
01-22-2013 06:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.