More expansion?
01-18-2013 09:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Boise fan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
RE: More expansion?
(01-18-2013 09:01 PM)PoiseState Wrote:  http://www.eersauthority.com/big-10-and-...c-schools/

Interesting, but seems way too speculative for me. Guess we'll know by next week according to the article.

What a shock it will be if it goes down as he wrote...
01-19-2013 01:55 AM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Fresno St.
that guy makes stuff up all the time
01-19-2013 03:25 AM
eldermars Offline
2nd String

I Root For: BYU
Exclamation RE: More expansion?
(01-19-2013 03:25 AM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  that guy makes stuff up all the time

This.
01-19-2013 08:24 AM
Road Apple Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
(01-19-2013 03:25 AM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  that guy makes stuff up all the time

The part I liked best was when he says UCONN could be on the B12 list. 04-jawdrop
01-19-2013 08:29 AM
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Is there any chance that Hawaii becomes a full member of the Mountain West Conference? I would like to see that happen.
01-24-2013 12:30 PM
Advertisement

PoiseState Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BSU and WWU
(01-24-2013 12:30 PM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  Is there any chance that Hawaii becomes a full member of the Mountain West Conference? I would like to see that happen.

Hawaii received a football only invite. They do not have a choice. Nobody in the MWC wants to bleed themselves dry by sending their non revenue producing sports to the islands. Hawaii likes the Big West because it allows them direct flights to Cali instead of sending their volleyball team to Wyoming.
01-24-2013 12:39 PM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

(01-24-2013 12:30 PM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  Is there any chance that Hawaii becomes a full member of the Mountain West Conference? I would like to see that happen.
I wish, but like Poise said, not happening unless Hawaii pays subsidies to the MWC.
01-24-2013 04:15 PM
1st String

I Root For:
I would have to like to Portland State or Sacramento State join but their stadiums are too small. Those states don't have money right now to get a new stadium built or renovate a current one.
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2013 02:35 PM by David Krysakowski.)
01-28-2013 02:35 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(01-28-2013 02:35 PM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  I would have to like to Portland State or Sacramento State join but their stadiums are too small. Those states don't have money right now to get a new stadium built or renovate a current one.

Portland State's issue is there in no other place for a football stadium other than the MLS Jeld-Wen one they are renting from the Timbers. (Due to the downtown Portland location of the school) The Timbers aren't going to remodel or add capacity for PSU if they were to receive an invite from the MW.

Sac St at least has the opportunity to expand their stadium as well as UC-Davis (who would be more likely to get a MW invite than Sac St.)
01-28-2013 02:50 PM
1st String

I Root For:
I just thought I would ask. I haven't been to Portland. I here it's a nice city though.
01-29-2013 03:03 AM
Advertisement

SpartaRick Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: San Jose State
(01-28-2013 02:50 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  
(01-28-2013 02:35 PM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  I would have to like to Portland State or Sacramento State join but their stadiums are too small. Those states don't have money right now to get a new stadium built or renovate a current one.

Portland State's issue is there in no other place for a football stadium other than the MLS Jeld-Wen one they are renting from the Timbers. (Due to the downtown Portland location of the school) The Timbers aren't going to remodel or add capacity for PSU if they were to receive an invite from the MW.

Sac St at least has the opportunity to expand their stadium as well as UC-Davis (who would be more likely to get a MW invite than Sac St.)

What happened to old Multnomah stadium in Portland? I thought I heard it was "downsized".
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2013 01:21 PM by SpartaRick.)
01-29-2013 10:22 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(01-29-2013 03:03 AM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  I just thought I would ask. I haven't been to Portland. I here it's a nice city though.

Its a nice city and wish they could move up. Went to school there for a couple of years.
01-29-2013 10:49 AM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(01-29-2013 10:22 AM)SpartaRick Wrote:  

What happened to old Multnomah stadium in Portland? I thought I heard it was "downsized"?

The old Multnomah stadium (Civic Stadium) is now call Jeld-Wen Field and it was remolded specially for the Portland Timbers MLS team. They pretty much own it and it was actually increased in size (around 19-20k) to meet MLS standards. There is no way that they'll expand any further to support a college football program. Quite unfortunate IMO.
01-29-2013 10:57 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Sounds like there are limited possibilities.
01-31-2013 12:23 PM
HR_Poke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Wyoming
(01-29-2013 10:57 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  

What happened to old Multnomah stadium in Portland? I thought I heard it was "downsized"?

The old Multnomah stadium (Civic Stadium) is now call Jeld-Wen Field and it was remolded specially for the Portland Timbers MLS team. They pretty much own it and it was actually increased in size (around 19-20k) to meet MLS standards. There is no way that they'll expand any further to support a college football program. Quite unfortunate IMO.

Yeah I was pretty disappointed they got rid of their minor leage baseball team there. Some of the Rockies best farm leage player came out of Portland....
01-31-2013 12:28 PM
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

(01-31-2013 12:28 PM)HR_Poke Wrote:  

Yeah I was pretty disappointed they got rid of their minor leage baseball team there. Some of the Rockies best farm leage player came out of Portland....

Not to mention providing one of the all-time plays in sports with the outfielder catching the ball and running through the board fence. Saw a couple of games there when I was living in Portland. But...you can tell Portland wasn't a baseball town even if it was during the summer time. They are a good fit for MLS Soccer though. Probably, NHL hockey also as they have great support for the Minor league Winterhawks.

Maybe there may be a way someday to build a staduim for PSU football and a multi-event venue...ie UNLV's but not a big. PSU has a great tradition of coahes from Mouse Davis, Pokey Allen with their new inovation offense structure. Hope to have them in the 1-AA playsoffs sometime soon.
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 10:10 AM by MWC Tex.)
02-01-2013 10:09 AM
HR_Poke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Wyoming
(02-01-2013 10:09 AM)MWC Tex Wrote:  
(01-31-2013 12:28 PM)HR_Poke Wrote:  
(01-28-2013 02:50 PM)MWC Tex Wrote:  Portland State's issue is there in no other place for a football stadium other than the MLS Jeld-Wen one they are renting from the Timbers. (Due to the downtown Portland location of the school) The Timbers aren't going to remodel or add capacity for PSU if they were to receive an invite from the MW.

Not to mention providing one of the all-time plays in sports with the outfielder catching the ball and running through the board fence. Saw a couple of games there when I was living in Portland. But...you can tell Portland wasn't a baseball town even if it was during the summer time. They are a good fit for MLS Soccer though. Probably, NHL hockey also as they have great support for the Minor league Winterhawks.

Maybe there may be a way someday to build a staduim for PSU football and a multi-event venue...ie UNLV's but not a big. PSU has a great tradition of coahes from Mouse Davis, Pokey Allen with their new inovation offense structure. Hope to have them in the 1-AA playsoffs sometime soon.

Yeah not too many outdoor sports work well there when you have to start in april or may. Too much rain.... The blazers do well as does PSU's bball.
02-01-2013 11:27 AM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

I wonder if the nBE has to wait to settle business w/ the C7 before inviting Tulsa or are they going to wait until summer 2014 to add them so that they'll join by 2015 w/ Navy.
02-02-2013 02:35 AM
GoApps70 Offline

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(02-02-2013 02:35 AM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  I wonder if the nBE has to wait to settle business w/ the C7 before inviting Tulsa or are they going to wait until summer 2014 to add them so that they'll join by 2015 w/ Navy.

I doubt they would wait on the C-7, but just my guess. They just don't seem to have much patience with anything.
02-02-2013 08:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.