Central "alum" in action
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

I Root For: WMU
Central "alum" in action
Antonio Brown = f4kking moron.

[Image: STEELERS-SUPERDERP.gif?4c1d59]
12-09-2012 09:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

RE: Central "alum" in action
Also, Frank Zombo got taken out by Stafford.

Central alumni in action. Lol.
12-09-2012 10:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tommyboy Offline
1st String

What should he have done in that situation? If he grabs it he almost certainly get tackled for a safety. From what I see the play should be ruled an incomplete forward pass any way making it a moot point.
12-10-2012 09:34 AM
Advertisement

Fights for Justice

(12-10-2012 09:34 AM)Tommyboy Wrote:  What should he have done in that situation? If he grabs it he almost certainly get tackled for a safety. From what I see the play should be ruled an incomplete forward pass any way making it a moot point.

Ideally you kick it out of the end zone or fall on it. Simple as that. You don't try to pick it up and run with it with defenders all over you. But this is a former Chip we're talking about here.
12-10-2012 12:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Giving up two points is preferable to seven.

Brown must have failed that remedial Math class at Mt. Pee. Tommyboy, your excuse?
12-10-2012 12:26 PM
Advertisement

broncos24 Offline
All American

(12-10-2012 09:34 AM)Tommyboy Wrote:  What should he have done in that situation? If he grabs it he almost certainly get tackled for a safety. From what I see the play should be ruled an incomplete forward pass any way making it a moot point.

In that situation, he should have kicked or batted the ball out of the end zone for the safety.

You give up 2 points and hope your D holds them after the free kick, you don't try and pick up the ball which led to a Charger touchdown.

They did review it, and there was inconclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 12:29 PM by broncos24.)
12-10-2012 12:29 PM
WheresWaldo42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: BetterCall Saul
When I saw that highlight last night, I immediately wondered why it was even an issue. Clearly, looked like a forward pass to me. That said, my next question was, why not just kick it out of the back of the end zone. Then again, it seems like only punters realize that one.
12-10-2012 01:11 PM
Advertisement

JPWMU Offline
1st String

I Root For: \/\/ |\/| |_|
Take the safety, or you get Akron'd.
12-10-2012 08:40 PM
Fights for Justice

(12-10-2012 01:11 PM)WheresWaldo42 Wrote:  When I saw that highlight last night, I immediately wondered why it was even an issue. Clearly, looked like a forward pass to me. That said, my next question was, why not just kick it out of the back of the end zone. Then again, it seems like only punters realize that one.

It's extremely difficult to gauge the path of the ball from camera angles that are positioned further upfield.
12-10-2012 08:49 PM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Antonio Brown has down very well in the NFL. This certainly was a mistake. I just wish the Jordan White had the opportunity to make "mistakes."
12-10-2012 08:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.