Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Disney Buying Lucasfilm
Bookmark and Share
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
OT: Disney Buying Lucasfilm
For a Star Wars Fanatic like myself, this is huge. I am surprised George Lucas would even consider this. He 100% owns Star Wars and answers to no one. I guess there is a decent chance we will get Episodes 7 - 9 now.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disney-a...s-creator/
10-30-2012 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

RE: OT: Disney Buying Lucasfilm
Summer 2015 is going to be nuts! Avengers vs Justice League vs Star Wars Episode 7

"The companies have also targeted a 2015 release for Star Wars: Episode 7."
10-30-2012 03:06 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
Damn cute cuddly Ewoks.

I guess Yogurt was right, "Mewrchandising" is where the money is at.
10-30-2012 03:11 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Star Wars episode 7 -
My guess is they will tell the story of Luke and Leia's kids as told in the Legacy of the Force book series

Either that or introduce a Mouse and Duck with Jedi powers.

Scrooge McDuck as the emporer.
Mickey as Luke
Goofy as C3P0
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2012 03:39 PM by Memphis Blazer.)
10-30-2012 03:37 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I don't think they will adapt any of the books. As the animated Clone Wars series has shown, they have no problem stomping over established stories. Then again, there will be new creative producers in charge now. I'd love to see an animated Zahn Trilogy.
10-30-2012 03:42 PM
Comet Offline
All American

I Root For: SMU
After episodes 1-3, I don't give a **** about seeing 7-9.
10-30-2012 03:42 PM
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(10-30-2012 03:37 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Star Wars episode 7 -
My guess is they will tell the story of Luke and Leia's kids as told in the Legacy of the Force book series

Mickey as Luke
Goofy as C3P0

If Family Guy can do it, WHY NOT Disney?
10-30-2012 03:43 PM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
If it isn't Timothy Zahn's trilogy, I won't be seeing the new Star Wars movies until I see the reviews.
10-30-2012 03:52 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

(10-30-2012 03:52 PM)NothingButKnight Wrote:  If it isn't Timothy Zahn's trilogy, I won't be seeing the new Star Wars movies until I see the reviews.

The only reason I think they even have a shot is that most fans hold those three books in very high regard. I still think Episode 7 is going to be a new cast and well into the future past ROTJ.
10-30-2012 03:57 PM
ECpirate Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
NOOOOOOO 03-banghead
10-30-2012 03:57 PM
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
(10-30-2012 03:52 PM)NothingButKnight Wrote:  If it isn't Timothy Zahn's trilogy, I won't be seeing the new Star Wars movies until I see the reviews.

Oh yeah, that would be awesome if they did that!
10-30-2012 04:00 PM
Advertisement

gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
(10-30-2012 03:37 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Star Wars episode 7 -

Mickey as Luke
Goofy as C3P0

...and you thought Jar-Jar Binks was bad
10-30-2012 04:01 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
what they really gain is the copyrights to every major film & graphics editing technique that is used currently.
Lucas made quite a few bucks off of those. Lucasfilm even did the CG for star trek 09.

Lucas in a 1980 interview with the L.A. Reader, stating "Star Wars is really three trilogies, nine films... it won't be finished for probably another 20 years."

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sequel_trilogy read the rest here
10-30-2012 04:02 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

Lucasfilm has already approved Disney mash up of the Star Wars characters. They have been selling them for years at the Disney Parks. There is a Jedi Mickey statue on my entertainment system at home.
10-30-2012 04:04 PM
Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

A Star Wars Episode 7 to be released in 2015? There already was a Star Wars Episode 7, a novel titled "Heir to the Empire" which continued the story:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heir_to_the_Empire
10-30-2012 04:05 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

(10-30-2012 04:05 PM)Proud El Pasoan Wrote:  A Star Wars Episode 7 to be released in 2015? There already was a Star Wars Episode 7, a novel titled "Heir to the Empire" which continued the story:

That is not Episode 7. There are many authorized novels and stories that take place between Episode VI and that novel. The general rule was that only the movies and the current animated show are official. Novels, comics, and games can be voided or contradicted.
10-30-2012 04:07 PM
Advertisement

Proud El Pasoan Offline
1st String

(10-30-2012 04:07 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  
(10-30-2012 04:05 PM)Proud El Pasoan Wrote:  A Star Wars Episode 7 to be released in 2015? There already was a Star Wars Episode 7, a novel titled "Heir to the Empire" which continued the story:

That is not Episode 7. There are many authorized novels and stories that take place between Episode VI and that novel. The general rule was that only the movies and the current animated show are official. Novels, comics, and games can be voided or contradicted.

I really doubt though that Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, etc. are going to be returning to reprise their roles as their characters. Most likely would be new characters. If anyone wanted to know what happens to those characters after "Return of the Jedi" they would have to read the novels. In that book and its sequels Han Solo and Princess Leia get married and have three kids, there is a new villian named Grand Admiral Thrawn and Luke meets his future wife Mara Jade.
10-30-2012 04:18 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Everyone needs to realize that the movies are not being made for the original fans of the original trilogy. They are bringing In new fans and new generations. Episodes 4-6 are my favorites, but my kids love the first three and the animated clone wars series. They probably wouldn't be fans if the new movies had not been made.

As an example, they care nothing about Star Trek, because the story never evolved.

By 2015, my kids may not like the new movies, but there will be a new generation that loves them, and a bunch of very old farts who think they suck.
10-30-2012 04:19 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(10-30-2012 04:18 PM)Proud El Pasoan Wrote:  

I really doubt though that Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, etc. are going to be returning to reprise their roles as their characters. Most likely would be new characters. If anyone wanted to know what happens to those characters after "Return of the Jedi" they would have to read the novels. In that book and its sequels Han Solo and Princess Leia get married and have three kids, there is a new villian named Grand Admiral Thrawn and Luke meets his future wife Mara Jade.

Who gets killed by Han and Leia's son who goes over to the dark side and becomes a Dark Lord before getting killed by his sister.
10-30-2012 04:21 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

(10-30-2012 04:18 PM)Proud El Pasoan Wrote:  

That is the best of the expanded universe but it goes far deeper than that. Memphis Blazer pointed out some. Then there is a series about Cade Skywalker who is descendant of Luke.The expanded stories get deep and it might all get overwritten.
10-30-2012 04:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.