Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Yahoo Sports Winners and Losers Week 3
Bookmark and Share
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Yahoo Sports Winners and Losers Week 3
Winners:

Sun Belt Conference: For the second consecutive week, the Sun Belt Conference bested the SEC thanks to Western Kentucky's 32-31 upset of Kentucky. Last week, Louisiana-Monroe upset Arkansas and nearly upset Auburn this week, but lost 31-28 in overtime. Could the Sun Belt be the new non-AQ power conference?

Losers:

Conference USA: While Conference USA won some games this weekend, it didn't get the signature win for which it was hoping and Houston and SMU both were blown out. Marshall had a chance to beat Ohio and ruin its dream of a perfect season, but fell short. After Western Kentucky's by win over Kentucky, Conference USA becomes the worst conference in the country.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-s...ncaaf.html
09-16-2012 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
RE: Yahoo Sports Winners and Losers Week 3
(09-16-2012 05:35 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Winners:

Sun Belt Conference: For the second consecutive week, the Sun Belt Conference bested the SEC thanks to Western Kentucky's 32-31 upset of Kentucky. Last week, Louisiana-Monroe upset Arkansas and nearly upset Auburn this week, but lost 31-28 in overtime. Could the Sun Belt be the new non-AQ power conference?

Losers:

Conference USA: While Conference USA won some games this weekend, it didn't get the signature win for which it was hoping and Houston and SMU both were blown out. Marshall had a chance to beat Ohio and ruin its dream of a perfect season, but fell short. After Western Kentucky's by win over Kentucky, Conference USA becomes the worst conference in the country.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-s...ncaaf.html

i dont think anything more needs to be said. Wheres McCusaclown??

Z
09-16-2012 05:55 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Quote:Could the SBC be the new non-AQ power conference?

I'll answer that for ya: YES.
09-16-2012 06:00 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(09-16-2012 06:00 PM)mtsufan561 Wrote:  
Quote:Could the SBC be the new non-AQ power conference?

I'll answer that for ya: YES.

Nice boot to the head of another CUSA foe!

Z
09-16-2012 06:07 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
Simply unbelievable!
09-16-2012 06:39 PM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Perception often becomes reality.

The SBC in the past 2 weeks has made significant progress on that front.

ULM and WKU need to keep the momentum going.
09-16-2012 07:18 PM
Advertisement

chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(09-16-2012 07:18 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  Perception often becomes reality.

The SBC in the past 2 weeks has made significant progress on that front.

ULM and WKU need to keep the momentum going.

The entire conference needs to keep it going...not just WKU and ULM.
09-16-2012 07:32 PM
OwlFamily Offline

(09-16-2012 07:32 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The entire conference needs to keep it going...not just WKU and ULM.

True,

They just have the most momentum built up with the SEC wins.
09-16-2012 08:18 PM
Usajags Online
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-16-2012 07:18 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  Perception often becomes reality.

And the perception for most sports fans will be that after conference realignment, the SBC came out the best, with the best teams.
09-17-2012 07:27 AM
TroyMan88 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Troy
I love how Troy is not mentioned in all these articles when they talk about the sunbelt ULM and WKU and the upsets (even though we didn't win) Troy is the only non AQ school to put up almost 600 yds on an SEC team. Statistically we demolished them. That game was ours...2nd game in a row we beat ourselves.
09-17-2012 02:37 PM
slappycajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
Its been slowly building. FIU's wins last year. Cajuns win in bowl, along with other bowl wins. ULM and WKU most notably this year. However, the groundwork was laid with Troy's victories of the past.

Best athletes in the country are in the Southeast. If we keep those guys at home, could become one of the better non-BCS leagues.

Hell a RB off the worst team from the conference last year is starting in the NFL. So is Dwight Bentley from the Cajuns.
09-17-2012 02:44 PM
Advertisement

CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(09-17-2012 02:37 PM)TroyMan88 Wrote:  I love how Troy is not mentioned in all these articles when they talk about the sunbelt ULM and WKU and the upsets (even though we didn't win) Troy is the only non AQ school to put up almost 600 yds on an SEC team. Statistically we demolished them. That game was ours...2nd game in a row we beat ourselves.

Too bad stats don't reflect the play on the field. UL stopped Southall and physically beat Troy up on both lines. And yes, Troy had 3 To's in the game and UL dropped 2 TD's in the endzone. So do you want to talk about giving anything away? Hell it could have been worse.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012 02:49 PM by CrazyCajun.)
09-17-2012 02:44 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(09-17-2012 02:37 PM)TroyMan88 Wrote:  I love how Troy is not mentioned in all these articles when they talk about the sunbelt ULM and WKU and the upsets (even though we didn't win) Troy is the only non AQ school to put up almost 600 yds on an SEC team. Statistically we demolished them. That game was ours...2nd game in a row we beat ourselves.

UL beat you beat you, sir. No ifs, ands or buts..

Z
09-17-2012 02:47 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

(09-17-2012 02:47 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  

Z

And ended a 21 year streak at that! Time to move on.04-rock
09-17-2012 02:50 PM
OwlFamily Offline

SBC is on a collision course with a national championship. They only variable is time.

Sorry, channelled a lil bit of ole Howard there.
09-17-2012 02:52 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!

Z

yes you did zee.

man......that's reaching when you (not you zee...the guy above you) have to dissect everyones stats to come up with something you're best in. sounds eerily like the ga. southern fans crowing about how many yards they racked up on bammer. nobody remember that except them.....and of course us....who had to hear it 9,765 times on this board.

last time i looked.....they count the dubs....not the wouldas.....not the couldas. the points scored....vs....the less points scored.

i don't care if troy leads the world in shriners driving those little cars around at halftime with their tassels blowing in the wind. being chased by a buncha insane clown posse juggalos riding tiny tricycles.

didja win??????

i'll hang up and listen.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012 03:10 PM by dahbeed.)
09-17-2012 03:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyMan88 Offline
2nd String

(09-17-2012 02:44 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Too bad stats don't reflect the play on the field. UL stopped Southall and physically beat Troy up on both lines. And yes, Troy had 3 To's in the game and UL dropped 2 TD's in the endzone. So do you want to talk about giving anything away? Hell it could have been worse.

Turnovers my friend...turnovers. Without those turnovers in either of those games we would be 3-0 right now. And yes...actually stats do reflect the majority of play on the field. Why the heck do you think teams keep statistical records and every team is ranked statistically? Don't be dumb. It's an overall break down of a teams performance. Any team that turns over the ball 4 times is going to lose. Especially to a good Louisiana team. I give y'all props. I picked you guys to win conference...but our conference is looking competitive so its really hard to say. Good luck on the rest of the season though. No disrespect. I just have my overall opinion on certain things and truly im not trying to be biased and usually when i am wrong i admit it....but i like i said above. Turnovers. Something that can be prevented. Kicked ourselves in the rear. Game could have gone either way.
09-17-2012 04:30 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(09-17-2012 02:50 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Z

BA-ZING! You are correct.

I love Troy fans. Bottom line. An L, is an L, is an L.

At the end of the season, NO bowl committee says, Hey, we'll take these guys even though they are 5-7...they came really close in a couple of games!!

Z
09-17-2012 04:31 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
I'll give them credit, Troy fans are persistent. They will ride that hype machine until it runs out of gas, no matter if they win another game this year or not.
09-17-2012 04:33 PM
TroyMan88 Offline
2nd String

(09-17-2012 04:31 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  
(09-17-2012 02:50 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Z

BA-ZING! You are correct.

I love Troy fans. Bottom line. An L, is an L, is an L.

At the end of the season, NO bowl committee says, Hey, we'll take these guys even though they are 5-7...they came really close in a couple of games!!

Z

Yes Z, an L is an L. I agree with you...all im saying is...and look at it from a louisiana point of view, have you ever had those games where you feel your team just beat itself instead of the other team and then you go and look at the statistics of that game and realize you beat that team in almost every category except turnovers or penalties? I mean do the math...you turnover the ball you get an L. Y'all won the turnover battle Again, like i have said...the game could have gone either way.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2012 04:43 PM by TroyMan88.)
09-17-2012 04:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.