Texas State is also in the bottom 10
08-29-2012 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
RE: Two SBC members in the Bottom 10...
I take that as an achievement for MT to not be in the bottom 10. Now, to keep it that way the rest of the year.
08-29-2012 01:22 PM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
I've never had to solve the intricacies of the Bottom 10 before, but now that USA is on the list (the price of progress, I suppose) I need to learn more. Is #1 the worst team or is #10? Namely I'm trying to figure if our victory over #10 UTSA on Saturday will be an upset or a predictable occurrence.
08-29-2012 01:35 PM
VideoGreenEagle Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UNT
Time for the annual pointing out that the Bottom Ten is not a poll, but rather just a joke. The writer does it for a laugh, not as a serious listing that these are in fact the worst teams.
08-29-2012 01:40 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(08-29-2012 01:35 PM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  I've never had to solve the intricacies of the Bottom 10 before, but now that USA is on the list (the price of progress, I suppose) I need to learn more. Is #1 the worst team or is #10? Namely I'm trying to figure if our victory over #10 UTSA on Saturday will be an upset or a predictable occurrence.

As VGEagle says this poll is about humor not reality . . they said some incredibly funny stuff about stAte when we were a regular on the list. They have had F_U (for both FIU and FAU) and UL Pick 'Em (for Cajuns and Warhawks). The #5 spot is reserved for something silly such as Oregon's Uniforms or the Penn State Coaching Staff.

If you win a game, you get a one week reprieve from the list . . lose again and you are right back on the list.

Read it and laugh . . it does not mean you are the worst team !!

Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana
08-29-2012 01:49 PM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
Did you notice that Arkansas is listed as number 5?
08-29-2012 01:51 PM
Advertisement

MBA2000 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Tx St & SBC
(08-29-2012 01:06 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...orror-show

FAU
USA

Well, with New Mexico, Idaho and UTSA also there, we at least have a more competitive schedule than one might think. 04-cheers
08-29-2012 02:02 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(08-29-2012 01:51 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  Did you notice that Arkansas is listed as number 5?

#5 is reserved for a big program team that stumbled in the previous week.

There's basically 2 rules for the Bottom 10 article.
-If you win in the previous week, you're ineligible (even if you're 1-11).
-#5 is for a big time program.
08-29-2012 02:22 PM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
(08-29-2012 01:06 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...orror-show

FAU
USA

I have no problem with it. We're new to FBS, and that said, obviously have to prove we belong . . . welcome the challenge! 04-bow
08-29-2012 02:27 PM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
I get that's supposed to be funny (the fairy tale references were kind of a giveaway), but I have seen posters here saying that the Sun Belt needs to get off this weekly list. I'm just wondering which is the right direction go - higher or lower.
08-29-2012 02:50 PM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
#1 is technically the lowest (worst team). I know people try to say it's for fun (it is), but it is also reality (except for the #5 slot). Typically these teams are the worst teams in the land according to the writer (and most unbiased people would agree to about 80% of the list).
08-29-2012 03:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Yes its humor, but its also popular reading, and really is outside of the 5 spot an accurate representation of the worst 10 teams. You do not want to get on this list. Most SBC teams have been on this list at least once since it began, and we would rather not repeat the experience.

As ASU fans, most of us now laugh remembering the days when we constantly had to worry if we would crack the list for a particular week.

You can almost bet FBS teams who get beat by an FCS school will be on the list next week. Michigan famously went from the AP Top 10 to the Bottom 10 in a weeks time thanks to App State.
08-29-2012 03:41 PM
RidgeRunner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GSU
It is not in ESPN's interest to have anything good to say about the SBC. They want to kill it off. Stay tuned for more garbage reporting degrading SBC during the year. Could be wrong, have been from time to time.
08-29-2012 07:48 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(08-29-2012 07:48 PM)RidgeRunner Wrote:  It is not in ESPN's interest to have anything good to say about the SBC. They want to kill it off. Stay tuned for more garbage reporting degrading SBC during the year. Could be wrong, have been from time to time.

You're wrong. More programming options is GREAT for ESPN. We're willing to play on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night and for CHEAP.

ESPN has no reason to "kill off" the SBC. We're insignificant in their narrative, and if we have a team that IS worth noting, they'll eat up the "cinderella" storyline.
08-29-2012 08:25 PM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(08-29-2012 08:25 PM)RaiderATO Wrote:  
(08-29-2012 07:48 PM)RidgeRunner Wrote:  It is not in ESPN's interest to have anything good to say about the SBC. They want to kill it off. Stay tuned for more garbage reporting degrading SBC during the year. Could be wrong, have been from time to time.

You're wrong. More programming options is GREAT for ESPN. We're willing to play on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night and for CHEAP.

ESPN has no reason to "kill off" the SBC. We're insignificant in their narrative, and if we have a team that IS worth noting, they'll eat up the "cinderella" storyline.

This is true. Dwight Dasher and the New Orleans Bowl was a big storyline for a while. One of the biggest the SBC has seen, but nonetheless, SBC teams do get praise. Troy got a lot of praise on ESPN after the 2006 NOBowl and drumming OK State (41-10 in the 3rd QTR). Arkansas State will be the "talk of the town" in the SBC for a while on as far as ESPN is concerned.
08-29-2012 08:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stAtecamera13 Offline
Beltbbs stAte Football INsider

I Root For: Arkansas State
(08-29-2012 01:49 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  
(08-29-2012 01:35 PM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  I've never had to solve the intricacies of the Bottom 10 before, but now that USA is on the list (the price of progress, I suppose) I need to learn more. Is #1 the worst team or is #10? Namely I'm trying to figure if our victory over #10 UTSA on Saturday will be an upset or a predictable occurrence.

As VGEagle says this poll is about humor not reality . . they said some incredibly funny stuff about stAte when we were a regular on the list. They have had F_U (for both FIU and FAU) and UL Pick 'Em (for Cajuns and Warhawks). The #5 spot is reserved for something silly such as Oregon's Uniforms or the Penn State Coaching Staff.

If you win a game, you get a one week reprieve from the list . . lose again and you are right back on the list.

unless you are memphis......
08-29-2012 11:14 PM
Advertisement

ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
(08-29-2012 11:14 PM)stAtecamera13 Wrote:  
(08-29-2012 01:49 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  

unless you are memphis......

03-lmfao 03-lmfao
08-29-2012 11:33 PM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
Can we be included now???
08-30-2012 11:43 PM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
Idaho and MTSU will make the list next week.
08-30-2012 11:51 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(08-30-2012 11:43 PM)tyler90wm Wrote:  Can we be included now???

You guys might just make the top 4. We'll see how New Mexico does.
08-30-2012 11:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.