Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
It's HIGH TIME to forgive Penn State...
BadWillHunting Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Boise State
It's HIGH TIME to forgive Penn State...
...and it's time for each of us to move-forward...

Yes, the details are shocking and ugly.

The man responsible gets his due in-court... we need to stop hating-PSU because of this unfortunate situation.

I once worked for a state agency of HHS... and have rather pointed-feelings about such abuse, but even I'm asking all schools in America to stop the crap and Move forward...

...For what it's worth.
06-02-2012 04:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CrazyPaco Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: It's HIGH TIME to forgive Penn State...
Uh, why? The university and many of its fans refuse to own-up to their culpability and refuse to change any aspect of the university that allowed a decade long coverup of the most heinous of crimes to occur. The Cult remains strong.

The man who raped children is separate from the culture and institution that put football and publicity before the innocent. There are many legal proceedings and investigations that are a long time from concluding.

penn-state-get-mad

many-key-people-still-remain
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 04:28 PM by CrazyPaco.)
06-02-2012 04:23 PM
Find all posts by this user
Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: WVU; Marshall
piss on Penn State
06-02-2012 04:34 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

I have nothing against Penn State. If one person or one accident or screwed up incident was a whole reflection on a University than I would hate everyone. Shootings at VA Tech, Date rape at Montana, all of the behind the scene's and crime spree's by SEC teams, Fans at ECU.........The list goes on and on.
06-02-2012 04:47 PM
Dr. Isaly von Yinzer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Common Sense
I think you are forgetting the fact that there was then a concerted effort to cover up said child rapes. That is why the president and legendary football coach were each summarily fired and why the school's athletic director and business director are facing time in prison. It is also the essence of why so many people remain so appalled by the reaction of so many of Penn State's fans and admins.

To me, what remains most disappointing about the whole thing is that so many Penn Staters continue to insist that the real tragedy here was Paterno's loss of his job and his reputation - and by extension the the tarnishing of the reputation of the football program and university itself.

I'm sorry but that is absolutely sickening.

The riots in the streets of State College should have been to protest their university's incredibly inept mishandling of a serial pedophile, not because their football coach was fired.

Joe Paterno's tattered rep is NOT more important than the ruined lives of so many innocent children.

I don't hate Penn State. I married a very proud Penn Stater and we go to a few PSU games per year. However I am also anti-child rape and I will not absolve the rest of the people who were or may have been involved in callously choosing money and power over the basic human rights of dozens of innocent children.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 05:03 PM by Dr. Isaly von Yinzer.)
06-02-2012 05:01 PM
bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
the need to tear down evey building in state college and sow the soil with salt so nothing ever grows there in the future. the rot extends far beyond the athletic department. from the police to the courts to the local schools all turned a blind eye and even aided that sick sob. they even allowed the pervert to check out his victims from the elementary schools without parental approval or notice
06-02-2012 05:09 PM
Advertisement

dogma Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USF
(06-02-2012 04:12 PM)BadWillHunting Wrote:  ...and it's time for each of us to move-forward...

The man responsible gets his due in-court... we need to stop hating-PSU because of this unfortunate situation.

I once worked for a state agency of HHS... and have rather pointed-feelings about such abuse, but even I'm asking all schools in America to stop the crap and Move forward...

...For what it's worth.

No
06-02-2012 05:40 PM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
(06-02-2012 04:12 PM)BadWillHunting Wrote:  ...and it's time for each of us to move-forward...

...For what it's worth.

interesting,
what connection do you have to penn st?
06-02-2012 06:13 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

I Root For: UCF
What Dr. said x million. PSU passed the buck because they didn't want controversy surrounding their program. There's sufficient evidence they know of inappropriate contact part of the reason he didn't succeed Paterno as originally intended. The AD and the president are in trouble for perjury cause they lied about knowing. Paterno admited to knowing, but not the "extent". Let's not forget they could've known prevented numerous victims if they had reported allegations to the police when the incidents in question happened. They determined their own reputations were more important. They should bare that shame forever.
06-02-2012 06:14 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
I'm pretty much in agreement with the above posters.

The whole school was complicit with the rape that occurred. Sorry, they need due justice administered against them.
06-02-2012 06:16 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
So many folks in that institution turned a blind eye, or refused to escalate/report it for what it was. It's going to be hard to have the general public's perception change on a plea or two.

As for it's relevance to Conference Realignment, is this a pitch to get them into the BE as western team? 05-stirthepot
06-02-2012 06:18 PM
Advertisement

bladhmadh Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
(06-02-2012 06:16 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  I'm pretty much in agreement with the above posters.

The whole school was complicit with the rape that occurred. Sorry, they need due justice administered against them.

Not just the school. The town didn't want to kill the golden goose and they turned a blind eye as well
06-02-2012 06:46 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
The time to think about forgiving Penn State will be after they've completed the investigation, the people responsible (or reasonable facsimile) punished, and the authorities ensure that they've rooted out anyone that had any association to those responsible...

Since the investigation is still ongoing, anyone thinking about anything other than finding out exactly what went on, who knew about it, and who tried to keep it all hidden isn't thinking with their intellect...
06-02-2012 06:58 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
It's really sad that the culture of State College is actually AGAINST reproofing the actions and integrity of their university. That is the most surprising and heart-breaking development from all this.
06-02-2012 07:03 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
There's a lot hate here... people make mistakes.

Joe Paterno probably spent less than 5 minutes on this issue, and you people are defining his whole career, even his whole life over it. You're also forgetting that the word "rape" was never brought up to him (just check every single news report that actually quotes him or McQueary).

Other than this one bad decision, Joe Paterno was a pretty good man. I hope that one day I can be as good of a person as he was.
06-02-2012 07:31 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
(06-02-2012 06:58 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  The time to think about forgiving Penn State will be after they've completed the investigation, the people responsible (or reasonable facsimile) punished, and the authorities ensure that they've rooted out anyone that had any association to those responsible...

Since the investigation is still ongoing, anyone thinking about anything other than finding out exactly what went on, who knew about it, and who tried to keep it all hidden isn't thinking with their intellect...

+3 Spot on Bit! 07-coffee3
06-02-2012 07:44 PM
Advertisement

BadWillHunting Offline
Special Teams

(06-02-2012 06:13 PM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  

...For what it's worth.

interesting,
what connection do you have to penn st?

None whatsoever...

I just think we should step-forward and never look back on that crap.
06-02-2012 07:48 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
I have a sister in law who works there, but there is no excuse for the actions of that school. Zip, nada, none.
06-02-2012 07:57 PM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
Penn State in general isn't bad. Unfortunately, you can't really say that there were just a few bad apples in this whole situation, either.

My stance is that just about everyone in this situation was wrong. I think that the attitude at Penn State is still that they would rather just sweep everything under the rug and go back to business as usual. I think this is evidenced by some of the new board members not running on platforms of outrage because the school is embarrassed about what has happened with the children but rather on outrage that Paterno was fired for this.

I'm not going to make a call for them to shut down their football program but I think they need to seriously evaluate their priorities.
06-02-2012 08:49 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
According to the NCAA, an Indian nickname is much more of a crime than a school providing safety to a pedophile, or a school with athletes engaging in organized date rape.

The NCAA needs to have a Criminal Progress Ranking (CPR) every bit as much as an APR. Schools with high levels of convictions among athletes or in administration should be penalized more than what the APR does.
06-02-2012 11:55 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.