Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MT Capital Campaign
Bookmark and Share
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
MT Capital Campaign
from facebook:

Quote:President McPhee just announced the University's largest private gift ever, a $10,000,000 contribution by Woody Miller, which will transform MTSU!

University officials have announced MTSU's largest fundraising campaign in school history, with nearly $54 million having already been raised, and a total capital campaign goal of $80,000,000.
04-13-2012 01:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SpaceRaider Offline
All American

RE: MT Capital Campaign
(04-13-2012 01:43 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  from facebook:

Quote:President McPhee just announced the University's largest private gift ever, a $10,000,000 contribution by Woody Miller, which will transform MTSU!

University officials have announced MTSU's largest fundraising campaign in school history, with nearly $54 million having already been raised, and a total capital campaign goal of $80,000,000.

dnj article:

MTSU announces largest capital campaign in school's history
04-13-2012 01:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
Great! This an example of how football aspirations fuels alumni donations.
04-13-2012 01:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
$54 million already? If they kept THAT covered up then they will have no problem with the CUSA talks LOL. It's awesome to see our university taking charge in fundraising. That should give us a nice boost nationwide.
04-13-2012 01:55 PM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
That's a nice chunk of change.
04-13-2012 04:32 PM
Advertisement

Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
I was just over there last week. The place looks like a war zone with all the construction projects going on. I believe there is literally something going on in every corner of the campus. MT is one basketball arena/arena renovation and some facade touchups to the football stadium away from being a spectacular campus.
04-13-2012 08:48 PM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

(04-13-2012 08:48 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  I was just over there last week. The place looks like a war zone with all the construction projects going on. I believe there is literally something going on in every corner of the campus. MT is one basketball arena/arena renovation and some facade touchups to the football stadium away from being a spectacular campus.

A lot of chain link fencing used for for all the construction sites. At one point you could hardly drive from one side of campus to the other without going off campus and going around to the other side. I am really glad to see the parking garages coming. The long-awaited Science Building appears to be really on the way. The new student union building is really going to be a great addition to the campus.
04-13-2012 08:54 PM
topper1296 Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
With state funding drying up, private support is the key. WKU raised $102M in its 1st campaign that ended in 2003 and we've raised another $190M so far in our current one.

I am curious how other SBC schools are doing in fundraising.
04-13-2012 09:15 PM
BruceB83 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: GSU
(04-13-2012 01:50 PM)FloridaJag Wrote:  Great! This an example of how football aspirations fuels alumni donations.

Congrats to MTSU for this success on their campaign. Here at GSU we are hoping the Sun Belt move fuels something similar with our donors. Just having FCS football helped tremendously so we should see more boost.
04-14-2012 11:04 AM
Advertisement

WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
(04-13-2012 09:15 PM)topper1296 Wrote:  With state funding drying up, private support is the key. WKU raised $102M in its 1st campaign that ended in 2003 and we've raised another $190M so far in our current one.

Supposed to be an announcement at the Spring Game at stAte today. Rumors are private funds for stadium upgrades and an indoor practice facility - not holding my breath though.
04-14-2012 11:09 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Malzahn has been swooning some businesses that normally contribute to the razorbacks to send some money our way. There's been talk that they became more willing with the Petrino Mess.

We're hoping. A few of our boosters are a little too friendly to former coaches to give as much as we would like.
04-14-2012 11:21 AM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

(04-13-2012 08:48 PM)Buccaneerlover Wrote:  I was just over there last week. The place looks like a war zone with all the construction projects going on. I believe there is literally something going on in every corner of the campus. MT is one basketball arena/arena renovation and some facade touchups to the football stadium away from being a spectacular campus.

In the paper today there was a Q&A published and this was what said about athletics benefiting from the funds raised...

Quote:...Q: What does MTSU plan to do with the current capital campaign money?

Bales: That’s what everybody wants to know is what are we doing with the money. In preparation for our campaign, we spent several months looking at the needs and desires of the university. We identified a number of projects across campus that we felt were important to our future success. Ultimately, we condensed this list of needs into four priority categories. The first and maybe the the most obvious is a focus on our students. As part of that priority, we intend to increase the financial aid and support available to our students with both merit- and needs-based scholarships being of utmost importance.

Second, we were committed to providing the resources to maintaining the finest teaching and research faculty possible. Part of this campaign will focus on establishing new endowed faculty positions and securing additional awards for outstanding teaching, advising and research.

The third component of our campaign will focus on enhancing the physical facilities and program opportunities we have for our students. Some of the key needs here are providing the matching funds required for our science building, enhancing our library, strengthening our math-science education program and expanding our international and cultural programs for our students.

The fourth priority is enhancing our Blue Raider Athletic Program to assure that our student athletes have the opportunity to fulfill their potential. Some of the objectives we have in this part of the campaign include increasing the endowed scholarship support we have for our student athletes, providing new training and practice facilities, upgrading and enhancing the Murphy Center environment and building a new indoor tennis complex.........
04-15-2012 03:29 PM
FloridaJag Offline
All American

I Root For: USA, FSU, and UWF
This is exactly the program that FSU committed to in the late 1980's.
04-15-2012 05:47 PM
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
This is going to be a GREAT conference
04-15-2012 06:31 PM
BLEEDITRED Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
South recently completed its first comprehensive campaign, in 2009 I think it was, and raised something like $95 million.
04-16-2012 11:04 AM
Dedsquirrl Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(04-16-2012 11:04 AM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  South recently completed its first comprehensive campaign, in 2009 I think it was, and raised something like $95 million.

I keep waiting on the announcement that we are building Mitchell Stadium. Future home of the Mitchell State Fighting Mitchells!
04-16-2012 11:28 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
with Memphis leaving...i don't see why MTSU isn't a primary candidate for expansion...they have had football and basketball success over the last 5 years...now, they are having financial success.

i'm sure MTSU would enjoy playing UAB, Southern Miss, Tulsa since they are so close...but also playing basketball against UNLV and New Mexico will only make you guys better.

plus the mboro/nashville market.
04-16-2012 12:56 PM
Advertisement

FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(04-13-2012 09:15 PM)topper1296 Wrote:  With state funding drying up, private support is the key. WKU raised $102M in its 1st campaign that ended in 2003 and we've raised another $190M so far in our current one.

FIU just approved a new Capital Campaign last academic year to raise $750 million by 2016-17 academic year. It still hasn't been "announced" in a formal way, so it's in its beginning "quiet" phase.
04-16-2012 07:39 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(04-16-2012 07:39 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  

FIU just approved a new Capital Campaign last academic year to raise $750 million by 2016-17 academic year. It still hasn't been "announced" in a formal way, so it's in its beginning "quiet" phase.

$750 million?! Wow! That'd be a great boost to the university, pay for all sorts of things.
04-16-2012 07:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.