Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wouldn't it be in the Sun Belt's best interest to ...
Bookmark and Share
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
Wouldn't it be in the Sun Belt's best interest to ...
let the alliance have the programs that have been mentioned as candidates but we know are really just dead weight in the 'belt?

The 'belt gets better through addition by subtraction with the jettison of these programs and since the alliance will fail within a year or two then the 'belt will gain prestige when it does collapse.

Win-win. Thoughts?
04-12-2012 06:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Wouldn't it be in the Sun Belt's best interest to ...
(04-12-2012 06:26 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  let the alliance have the programs that have been mentioned as candidates but we know are really just dead weight in the 'belt?

The 'belt gets better through addition by subtraction with the jettison of these programs and since the alliance will fail within a year or two then the 'belt will gain prestige when it does collapse.

Win-win. Thoughts?

Are you calling FIU "dead weight?" 02-13-banana
04-12-2012 06:32 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
None of this is a win-win situation. It all depends on who we get to replace the teams that leave. We replace them all with the likes of GSU, not so good, replace them with teams like Appy St, Ga Southern or even Jax St then I think we will be fine. All three of those programs bring in history and an existing fanbase.
04-12-2012 06:34 PM
chiefsfan Offline

If UNT leaves, and we replace with an Appy State, we'll be fine. FIU will be tougher to replace, but are a geographical outlier, so in theory we could find anyone.

I would prefer Tech going over MTSU.
04-12-2012 06:36 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

(04-12-2012 06:32 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 06:26 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  let the alliance have the programs that have been mentioned as candidates but we know are really just dead weight in the 'belt?

Win-win. Thoughts?

That seems to be the consensus on the board and since we are only 10 years old I have defer to you experts. 04-bow
04-12-2012 06:36 PM
chiefsfan Offline

(04-12-2012 06:36 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 06:32 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

Win-win. Thoughts?

That seems to be the consensus on the board and since we are only 10 years old I have defer to you experts. 04-bow

Nah...You guys are the outlier in the league, and losing you would help the league in travel generally.

FIU has a strong program...Im just not sure that your loss would devestate the league. Its not like Troy, ASU, ULL, and WKU will never have a chance at competing for the league without you.
04-12-2012 06:44 PM
Advertisement

FIU4Ever Offline

(04-12-2012 06:36 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  If UNT leaves, and we replace with an Appy State, we'll be fine. FIU will be tougher to replace, but are a geographical outlier, so in theory we could find anyone.

FIU/FAU are outliers for almost all conferences, not really in driving distance for most other program's fanbase. The upside for us is we are easy to fly to.

If UNT leaves does the 'belt go all out on eastern program?
04-12-2012 06:50 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
I think we take Texas State for sure.
04-12-2012 07:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
laxtonto Offline
1st String

I Root For: LAX
(04-12-2012 06:50 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 06:36 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  If UNT leaves, and we replace with an Appy State, we'll be fine. FIU will be tougher to replace, but are a geographical outlier, so in theory we could find anyone.

FIU/FAU are outliers for almost all conferences, not really in driving distance for most other program's fanbase. The upside for us is we are easy to fly to.

Hard to lose Texas and the recruiting it brings. It would really damage ULL and ULM recruiting base.

Players from last years roster from Texas
ASU 6
FAU 0
FIU 2
ULL 14
ULM 28
MTSU 0
Troy 3
WKU 3
ASU
04-12-2012 07:09 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
I don't want to lose any of our programs (FIU, UNT or MTSU), but it's not my decision. I wouldn't trade any of them for Loser Tech.
04-12-2012 07:14 PM
chiefsfan Offline

Nah, we'll pick up one of the Texas teams either way.
04-12-2012 07:15 PM
Advertisement

BamaCajun Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Leggy Red Heads
(04-12-2012 07:09 PM)laxtonto Wrote:  

Hard to lose Texas and the recruiting it brings. It would really damage ULL and ULM recruiting base.

ASU 6
FAU 0
FIU 2
ULL 14
ULM 28
MTSU 0
Troy 3
WQKU 3
ASU

Are you sure you are not proving the opposite? The team with by far the most Texas recruits was one of the worst in the league and nation.
04-12-2012 07:15 PM
HuskieTap22 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU / DePaul
(04-12-2012 07:14 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  I don't want to lose any of our programs (FIU, UNT or MTSU), but it's not my decision. I wouldn't trade any of them for Loser Tech.

To be honest with you, I hope you also pass on La Tech if CUSA does. The last thing the Sun Belt needs is another Louisiana school. It just like the MAC needs another Ohio school. Let them die on the vine as an independent and reinvent themselves in FCS.
04-12-2012 07:19 PM
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
(04-12-2012 07:15 PM)BamaCajun Wrote:  

ASU 6
FAU 0
FIU 2
ULL 14
ULM 28
MTSU 0
Troy 3
WQKU 3
ASU

Are you sure you are not proving the opposite? The team with by far the most Texas recruits was one of the worst in the league and nation.

See, it's wanna be arrogant punks like you that are making me impatient for this coming season and the arse whippin' we are going to give you guys. You just barely beat us by 1 freakin' point...1 point. You guys need to come down out of your overhyped fantasy and step back into reality.
04-12-2012 08:26 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
I'd prefer to hang on to all of our programs, but of the three most discussed MTSU is the one I'd like to stay the most. Troy has a very nice rivalry with them going and I really respect them as a Conference-mate.
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2012 08:36 PM by Burn the Horse.)
04-12-2012 08:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BamaCajun Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Leggy Red Heads
(04-12-2012 08:26 PM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 07:15 PM)BamaCajun Wrote:  

ASU 6
FAU 0
FIU 2
ULL 14
ULM 28
MTSU 0
Troy 3
WQKU 3
ASU

See, it's wanna be arrogant punks like you that are making me impatient for this coming season and the arse whippin' we are going to give you guys. You just barely beat us by 1 freakin' point...1 point. You guys need to come down out of your overhyped fantasy and step back into reality.

Are you really that chickensh*t that you resort to name calling? Must be awful lonely in your grandmother's basement. In case you haven't noticed, your team was actually ranked near the bottom of all respected rankings in the US for the 2011 season. That is not a swipe or personal opinion; it's a fact. So just maybe the hotbed of Tejas recruiting hasn't been that good for the Sunbelt.

It's obvious why the school to the west of you wants nothing to do with you. You guys act like the proverbial pest of a little brother that is lampooned in all the cartoons running around saying "me too! me too!"

Grow up and act civilized and maybe you will get some respect once in a while. Or better yet, actually get out of anonymity from behind your computer keyboard and build support for your pathetic athletic program. If you three posters for ULM all get out and raise a buck or two then maybe you will have something to crow about in a couple of years.

Now, I've given you all the information you need to cry to the moderators how a mean spirited alum from the University of LOUISIANA treated you.

Warmest regards,
Tommy Bourque
Former athlete and UL Alum of 1988
04-13-2012 08:26 AM
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(04-12-2012 08:36 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  I'd prefer to hang on to all of our programs, but of the three most discussed MTSU is the one I'd like to stay the most. Troy has a very nice rivalry with them going and I really respect them as a Conference-mate.

I agree....MTSU is the one I would hate (the most) to see exit. I have even resorted to hoping that Loser Tech gets an invite over them.....and that's hard for me to stomach.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2012 08:30 AM by Fanof49ASU.)
04-13-2012 08:29 AM
YJason Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: TROY
(04-13-2012 08:29 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 08:36 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  I'd prefer to hang on to all of our programs, but of the three most discussed MTSU is the one I'd like to stay the most. Troy has a very nice rivalry with them going and I really respect them as a Conference-mate.

I agree....MTSU is the one I would hate (the most) to see exit. I have even resorted to hoping that Loser Tech gets an invite over them.....and that's hard for me to stomach.

I agree, they are the ones I would hate to leave the most. For Troy it will be MTSU first, followed closely by USA (reguardless of what most Troy fans will tell you, and with the addition of D1A football could make USA surpass them as a rival). I believe that it is that they are a very good member and have alot going for them...good in most sports (just look at Bubbas Cup), relative central location(NT, WKU, ASU and Troy all consider them a major rival), respected academics, and near a major city. All of that put together is why I never understood why they weren't the primary target from the beginning. That doesn't mean that I would like to see any other conference mates gone either.
04-13-2012 09:09 AM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
Losing FIU is/will be disapointing but as long as FAU is in the SBC it not so bad.

UNT...... really no one has been upset at all that they will probably be leaving.

Losing MTSU would be very disapointing.

Getting or not getting LaTech, is not a real big deal to anyone, but they play good football sometimes.
04-13-2012 09:13 AM
MagNTX Offline
2nd String

I Root For: North Texas
(04-13-2012 09:13 AM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  Losing FIU is/will be disapointing but as long as FAU is in the SBC it not so bad.

UNT...... really no one has been upset at all that they will probably be leaving.

Losing MTSU would be very disapointing.

Getting or not getting LaTech, is not a real big deal to anyone, but they play good football sometimes.
Seems like there's at least a couple ASU fans that are quite pissed off about it.
04-13-2012 09:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.