http://www.brewcityball.com/forums/conte...-a10-moves
03-26-2012 06:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Louis Kitton Offline
Heisman

I Root For: High Fashion
RE: Great A-10 fallout writeup...
In order to get any kind of double fallout the writer is suggesting Creighton would have to leave the Missouri Valley.

I'm not sure Creighton would even want to join the A-10 as they are so far west of most of the schools in that conference. The MVC has a solid TV deal and a nice reputation to work with so no losses there.
03-26-2012 07:32 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
I don't see how Detroit's success is "fleeting". In the past 3 seasons they've won over 20 twice, and 17 once.
03-26-2012 07:48 PM
Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
If both VCU and GMU leave then ODU and JMU are out too and so is Georgia State. No way the CAA stands pat.
03-26-2012 08:10 PM
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
Great A-10 fallout writeup...
(03-26-2012 08:10 PM)Old Dominion Navy Wrote:  If both VCU and GMU leave then ODU and JMU are out too and so is Georgia State. No way the CAA stands pat.

What would you expect to happen?
03-26-2012 08:13 PM
The Lion King

ODU and Georgia State will go to the Sunbelt with Charlotte to replace the schools the Alliance will take and JMU replaces Temple in the MAC.
03-26-2012 08:18 PM
Advertisement

OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
(03-26-2012 08:18 PM)Old Dominion Navy Wrote:  ODU and Georgia State will go to the Sunbelt with Charlotte to replace the schools the Alliance will take and JMU replaces Temple in the MAC.

Who would be expansion candidates for the CAA?
03-26-2012 08:52 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
Some interesting ideas there, but the notion that Depaul could be a candidate for the A10 is just absurd
03-26-2012 09:01 PM
The Lion King

(03-26-2012 08:52 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  
(03-26-2012 08:18 PM)Old Dominion Navy Wrote:  ODU and Georgia State will go to the Sunbelt with Charlotte to replace the schools the Alliance will take and JMU replaces Temple in the MAC.

Albany, Stony Brook and Coastal Carolina have been tossed around prior to anyone leaving. Also Fordham, Youngstown State, Cambell and Liberty have come up as possible candidates for football but might be asked as full members.
03-26-2012 09:01 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

Stony Brook and Albany could be options, they'd add more FB programs. The CAA has to realize they are going to lose JMU and ODU to FBS in the coming years, and maybe Delaware. UMASS is already gone and Ga State probably won't stay long. They will need to consider adding FB schools. Coastal Carolina could also be an option. Liberty also wants an upgrade but I don't know if the other Virginia schools would stomach that.
03-26-2012 09:03 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
(03-26-2012 09:01 PM)Old Dominion Navy Wrote:  

Albany, Stony Brook and Coastal Carolina have been tossed around prior to anyone leaving. Also Fordham, Youngstown State, Cambell and Liberty have come up as possible candidates for football but might be asked as full members.

Youngstown State would get in over William and Mary's dead bodies. Just don't see YSU ever getting into a league that values SAT or ACT scores.
03-26-2012 09:10 PM
Advertisement

The Lion King

(03-26-2012 09:10 PM)NoDak Wrote:  

Youngstown State would get in over William and Mary's dead bodies. Just don't see YSU ever getting into a league that values SAT or ACT scores.

Personally I know nothing about YSU other then they are in Ohio. Right? They were a name floated around a few years ago because of their football. I haven't heard about them in a while but who knows if they are desperate... The CAA has to focus on football because if VCU GMU & ODU leave there goes your conference champions for the last ten years and only teams in the tourney UNCW early in the decade.
03-26-2012 09:20 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
Why wouldn't Wichita State fit in if Creighton would? I don't know a lot about the smaller schools...just seems like they'd make a nice pair.
03-26-2012 09:37 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA

ANybody that plays football and is interested from the Big South. App State and COastal would jump.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2012 09:56 PM by blunderbuss.)
03-26-2012 09:53 PM
4x4hokies Offline
All American

I Root For: VT
(03-26-2012 09:53 PM)NoQuarter08 Wrote:  

ANybody that plays football and is interested from the Big South. App State and COastal would jump.

You realize that App State is in the Southern Conference and Coastal is in the Big South right?

A CAA with App State, Charlotte and GA Southern would be interesting. Getting all the potential FBS move-ups into one conference to try to move together.
03-26-2012 10:05 PM
NoDak Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UND
(03-26-2012 09:20 PM)Old Dominion Navy Wrote:  

Personally I know nothing about YSU other then they are in Ohio. Right? They were a name floated around a few years ago because of their football. I haven't heard about them in a while but who knows if they are desperate... The CAA has to focus on football because if VCU GMU & ODU leave there goes your conference champions for the last ten years and only teams in the tourney UNCW early in the decade.

Youngstown State University offers open enrollment for Ohio high school seniors, therefore, there is no minimum test score, grade point average, nor class rank required to be admitted to the university. However, admission to particular classes and academic programs will only be granted based on evaluation of the high school transcript and test scores." http://collegeapps.about.com/od/collegeprofiles/p/youngstown-state-university.htm

There are reasons that the MAC wants nothing to do with YSU.
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2012 10:20 PM by NoDak.)
03-26-2012 10:11 PM
Advertisement

The Lion King

(03-26-2012 10:11 PM)NoDak Wrote:  
(03-26-2012 08:52 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Who would be expansion candidates for the CAA?

Youngstown State University offers open enrollment for Ohio high school seniors, therefore, there is no minimum test score, grade point average, nor class rank required to be admitted to the university. However, admission to particular classes and academic programs will only be granted based on evaluation of the high school transcript and test scores." http://collegeapps.about.com/od/collegeprofiles/p/youngstown-state-university.htm

Yikes yea W&M would not want to associate with that. The only school harder to get into is UVA. I know valadictorians that couldn't get in there.
03-26-2012 10:22 PM
RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
I agree with the writer that the top 2 candidates will be Butler and Virginia Commonwealth.04-cheers
03-26-2012 10:30 PM
Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
This line cracked me up:
"10. Milwaukee - Basketball expenditures would fit in A10 better than most HL. Big Ten-sized enrollment and alumni base."

Milwaukee has 30,000 students. This would be the smallest Big 10 school except for Northwestern and Nebraska, putting them about 15,000 students below the Big 10 average. Milwaukee has 141,000 living alumni, which would put them dead last in the Big 10, even behind Northwestern.

People truly don't get how big the B1G schools are.
03-27-2012 07:11 AM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(03-26-2012 10:11 PM)NoDak Wrote:  
(03-26-2012 08:52 PM)OrangeCrush22 Wrote:  Who would be expansion candidates for the CAA?

There are reasons that the MAC wants nothing to do with YSU.

That and even having two teams in the area might be too much (some think taking Akron was a bad idea). Putting three from the general area would be insane.
03-27-2012 07:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.