Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big East Barbecue
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Big East Barbecue
Okay folks

Nominate one BBQ Joint in your city (Big East cities or nearby suburbs) and why you feel it is awesome.

Memphis Rule: Memphis Posters only one BBQ joint per poster. LOL

I'll start.

Dinosaur Barbcue...born from dedicated bikers. They studied their craft throughout the south and Texas. The place is a perfect mix of show and great food. Be sure to try our local specialty: Salt Potatoes

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 08:22 PM by TexanMark.)
02-16-2012 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
RE: Big East Barbecue
just ONE...damn...i'll go with Central BBQ for a sandwich...Blues City Cafe for Ribs (you didn't say which)

http://www.cbqmemphis.com/

http://bluescitycafe.com/
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 08:27 PM by UofMemphis.)
02-16-2012 08:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
Re: RE: Big East Barbecue
(02-16-2012 08:19 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Okay folks

Nominate one BBQ Joint in your city (Big East cities or nearby suburbs) and why you feel it is awesome.

I'll start.

Dinosaur Barbcue...born from dedicated bikers. They studied their craft throughout the south and Texas. The place is a perfect mix of show and great food. Be sure to try our local specialty: Salt Potatoes

For Rutgers has to be the Dinosaur BBQ scheduled to open in Newark in April. And Salt Potatoes are delicious but that's a Syracuse thing for sure.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 08:30 PM by brista21.)
02-16-2012 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
Germantown Commissary----So good youll slap your mama.

http://commissarybbq.com/
02-16-2012 08:35 PM
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
When you're in the Houston area...

Rudy's. (Three existing locations in the Houston area; one coming soon in Katy.) Great ribs (easily the best I've ever had); great brisket, and they even have barbecue turkey breast! (Haven't tried the turkey yet, but I bet it's crazy good!) Also, their pinto beans are incredible! (Dry rub joint with sauce bottles at the picnic tables.) The one I like going to is located along I-45 in Spring. Official website here.

Daniel's Meat Market and Barbecue in Baytown. Love their barbecue sandwiches (chopped beef brisket), and they have a good-sized sirloin burger! (It's a wet burger, but it's fantastic!) Their barbecue chicken is also good. (Haven't had their ribs though...yet. Also, not a fan of their baked beans only because I'm not a fan of baked beans. I like my beans salty.) (Dry rub joint; the sirloin burger is dipped in barbecue sauce just before serving, but I think you can ask for it undipped. Also, when I get their chicken, I always order a whole one so I can have some for later.) Located on the corner of Thompson Rd and Bayway Drive iless than a mile from I-10 in Baytown. (It's been open since 1964.)
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 09:27 PM by GeminiCoog.)
02-16-2012 08:47 PM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
The Montgomery Inn is the barbecue spot in Cincinnati. A little more upscale, but I still love it.

Memphis folks that recommended Bar B Q Shop to me... thanks, it was awesome.
02-16-2012 08:52 PM
Advertisement

ULdave Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisville
For Louisville try Mark's Feed Store.
I love the ribs and the honey wings.

http://www.marksfeedstore.com/
02-16-2012 08:53 PM
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

(02-16-2012 08:52 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  The Montgomery Inn is the barbecue spot in Cincinnati. A little more upscale, but I still love it.

Memphis folks that recommended Bar B Q Shop to me... thanks, it was awesome.

Is the Montgomery Inn a dry or wet 'Que joint? (I'm open to trying it regardless.)
02-16-2012 08:54 PM
jnewyouth Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Bearcats
Montgomery Inn is wet BBQ and it's amazing.
Make sure you get some Cincinnati Chili while you're here though, that's what we're known for.
02-16-2012 09:02 PM
cbhstiger Offline
Phantom Mercenary

I Root For: Brewpubs
http://www.dancingpigs.com/

The Bar-B-Que Shop best BBQ nachos I have ever had and their ribs are great and it's very close to my house, as is Central BBQ .
02-16-2012 09:23 PM
PATiger Offline
Voice of Reason

I Root For: Memphis
The city of Memphis has more good Barbeque joints than the combined states of the other Big East teams combined.

Don't even get me started on Texas. The second worst barbeque I ever had came from San Antonio.
02-16-2012 09:26 PM
Advertisement

GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

(02-16-2012 09:26 PM)PATiger Wrote:  The city of Memphis has more good Barbeque joints than the combined states of the other Big East teams combined.

Don't even get me started on Texas. The second worst barbeque I ever had came from San Antonio.

I'm afraid to ask what the worst was. You're probably a wet 'Que guy, aren't ya? (Not that there's anything wrong with that. Besides, as long as it's good 'Que, it shouldn't really matter. 04-cheers)
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 09:30 PM by GeminiCoog.)
02-16-2012 09:28 PM
aTxTIGER Offline

Donators
If you are in the Austin area, head down to the Salt Lick in Driftwood....not the new location in RR.
02-16-2012 09:42 PM
snowycuse Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Syracuse
(02-16-2012 08:29 PM)brista21 Wrote:  
(02-16-2012 08:19 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Okay folks

I'll start.

For Rutgers has to be the Dinosaur BBQ scheduled to open in Newark in April. And Salt Potatoes are delicious but that's a Syracuse thing for sure.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I just assumed Salt Potatoes were universal. I need to get out of Cuse more often.
02-16-2012 09:42 PM
PATiger Offline
Voice of Reason

I Root For: Memphis
(02-16-2012 09:28 PM)GeminiShamrock Wrote:  
(02-16-2012 09:26 PM)PATiger Wrote:  The city of Memphis has more good Barbeque joints than the combined states of the other Big East teams combined.

I'm afraid to ask what the worst was. You're probably a wet 'Que guy, aren't ya? (Not that there's anything wrong with that. Besides, as long as it's good 'Que, it shouldn't really matter. 04-cheers)

The wetter the better!

The worst barbeque I've ever had was Bainbridge Island Barbeque on Bainbridge Island off the coast of Seattle, Washington.

http://www.bibbq.com/

I wouldn't feed it to a starving dog.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 09:45 PM by PATiger.)
02-16-2012 09:44 PM
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

(02-16-2012 09:42 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  If you are in the Austin area, head down to the Salt Lick in Driftwood....not the new location in RR.

Saw the Driftwood location on Man V. Food and, if I remember correctly, Barbecue Paradise. I'll have to do that when I'm in the mood to go to Austin and flip off some Orangebloods. 03-lmfao

PATiger: See, this is why I was happy Memphis is joining the Big East along with us. Our rivalry (well, if you can call what we have a rivalry) extends to barbecue preferences. (And for the record, I don't hate wet 'Que. I just prefer my 'Que to be dry. That said, if it's good, I'll eat it anyway. lol)
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 09:52 PM by GeminiCoog.)
02-16-2012 09:46 PM
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline

Donators
(02-16-2012 09:46 PM)GeminiShamrock Wrote:  
(02-16-2012 09:42 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  If you are in the Austin area, head down to the Salt Lick in Driftwood....not the new location in RR.

Saw the Driftwood location on Man V. Food and, if I remember correctly, Barbecue Paradise. I'll have to do that when I'm in the mood to go to Austin and flip off some Orangebloods. 03-lmfao

be sure to bring cash and your own beer.
02-16-2012 09:50 PM
Wooglin157 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF Knights
I keep hearing about this 4 Rivers Smokehouse in the Orlando area. I've never been there, but there is apparently always a line no matter what time you go. I really need to go there soon.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2012 09:54 PM by Wooglin157.)
02-16-2012 09:54 PM
CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: SMU Mustangs

Where at in SA? I'll admit that I don't know any great places for BBQ in SA, but if you went to Bill Miller's or something, well...that's your fault.

As far as Dallas goes...I'll go with Lockhart Smokehouse in the Bishop Arts District (Davis @ Bishop Avenue). That's just because they use the Central Texas cooking method perfected in Lockhart, TX...whereas most Dallas BBQ places don't. IMO the Central Texas method is superior to the North Texas method.
GeminiCoog Online
You'll Never Walk Alone

(02-16-2012 09:50 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  
(02-16-2012 09:46 PM)GeminiShamrock Wrote:  

be sure to bring cash and your own beer.

Will do. 04-cheers I'll be sure to pick up some Saint Arnold Amber Ale before making the trip.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.