Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ASU will not apologize
Bookmark and Share
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
ASU will not apologize
Even though we played without 90% of our coaching staff, 2 DB's, 2 starting WR's and our best WR (Frampton) getting hurt in the game. ASU should and could have performed better. The players looked confused on every offensive play after the 1st quarter. ASU let the Belt down tonight. I know for a fact that we are better than NIU and we blew it.

Now it's time for Gus ball. As much as I hate saying this. Wait till next year. We are going to make it up to the Belt for the pitiful game we played tonight. ASU will be back and better than ever. Good luck during the recruiting season and see you on the field in 2012.
01-09-2012 02:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Green Menace Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: ASU will not apologize
No need to apologize.
01-09-2012 10:04 AM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

(01-09-2012 10:04 AM)Green Menace Wrote:  No need to apologize.

Yes we should. That was a pitiful showing last night. We won't because we will be back next season to make it right. Malzahn officially takes over today.
01-09-2012 10:31 AM
BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
I was rooting for ASU all the way and came away very disappointed. It looked like the Red Wolves were in slow motion and off-center. Jarboe's abilities were underwhelming. Aplin looked confused and rattled and when he was on, his receivers were in the wrong place.

What was up with the crowd, much of which seemed to disappear just after halftime? How many fans did NU bring? It was difficult to tell because TV would show the same small group every time.
01-09-2012 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crawfish3 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
I was frankly disapointed that Freeze did not remain on board until after the Bowl game. I know that is common in these days and times, but it always sucks when it happens.

I know your players must be disapointed. It is a shame that they did not have a chance at making a better showing.
01-09-2012 10:52 AM
HILTOPWKU Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: wku
Every bowl team that lost a coach, lost their bowl game.
01-09-2012 12:02 PM
Advertisement

MG61 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UNT
Even though we played without 90% of our coaching staff, 2 DB's, 2 starting WR's and our best WR (Frampton) getting hurt in the game. ASU should and could have performed better. The players looked confused on every offensive play after the 1st quarter.

Not an apology, but this does look like a list of excuses........ Why not just stop with "we will not apologize" and not include these ?
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 12:08 PM by MG61.)
01-09-2012 12:06 PM
Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
(01-09-2012 12:06 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Even though we played without 90% of our coaching staff, 2 DB's, 2 starting WR's and our best WR (Frampton) getting hurt in the game. ASU should and could have performed better. The players looked confused on every offensive play after the 1st quarter.

Not an apology, but this does look like a list of excuses........ Why not just stop with "we will not apologize" and not include these ?

03-shhhh It makes him feel better.
01-09-2012 12:31 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(01-09-2012 12:02 PM)HILTOPWKU Wrote:  Every bowl team that lost a coach, lost their bowl game.

As has been pointed out... That's life as a mid Major something NIU had to deal with last season.. And Toledo, who won their game BTW, had to deal with it this season

"A few days after accepting the invitation to the 2011 Military Bowl, coach Tim Beckman left Toledo to become the coach for Illinois, leaving offensive coordinator Matt Campbell to coach the Rockets in the bowl game"
01-09-2012 12:33 PM
trojanbrutha Offline
Beltbbs Troy Football INsider

I Root For: TROY
(01-09-2012 10:52 AM)crawfish3 Wrote:  I was frankly disapointed that Freeze did not remain on board until after the Bowl game. I know that is common in these days and times, but it always sucks when it happens.

I know your players must be disapointed. It is a shame that they did not have a chance at making a better showing.

I had my binoculars out last night looking for him in pregame warmups...until they started announcing the teams...I thought it was absolutely bush league that he left those guys out there without finishing the whole season. He sucks 04-chairshot
01-09-2012 12:33 PM
EdM Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
(01-09-2012 12:02 PM)HILTOPWKU Wrote:  Every bowl team that lost a coach, lost their bowl game.

I don't know about others, but Southern Miss lost their coach (though he coached through the bowl game), and they won in Hawaii. Houston also lost their coach (and he did not coach in the bowl game, as far as I know), and won the Ticket City bowl. Of course, the team Houston was playing was in much greater disarray than having simply lost their coach (Penn St), but I just wanted to throw out the observation.

On the subject of last night's game...I was pulling for ASU, but unfortunately, someone has to lose. Momentum is a funny thing, and it makes a huge difference in games sometimes. I'm not sure why things got so out of sync for ASU last night, but it's not the first time it's happened to a team, and certainly won't be the last. Without knowing much about ASU going in, I was impressed with their team. They were clearly a strong team that wasn't playing well, and not a team that didn't belong. There are many good seasons still to come for ASU, I'm sure.

Congrats on the bowl! That is no easy feat in itself! 04-cheers
01-09-2012 12:39 PM
Advertisement

Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones

Incorrect. Toledo lost their coach to Illinois and won their game against Air Force this year. In addition Houston won with a new coach.

NIU and Miami of Ohio both won their bowl games last year without their coaches.

You certainly don't want to lose your coach (unless he is actually bad) but it is not an insurmountable obstacle. Many good teams find a way to win though in this case the problem was compounded by playing a quality team in NIU.
01-09-2012 12:41 PM
Nick305 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The U
Aplin didnt play like himself, he was very innacurate.
01-09-2012 12:56 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
Not only did NIU not have its coach for the Humanitarian Bowl last year, but only one assistant stayed (linebackers coach) and the HB was on the first bowl day of the season (December 18) -- the Huskies had only a couple weeks to prepare for Fresno State.

Also, NIU lost two starting D-linemen in the last month (Progar and Newcomb), and we had our two leading returning tacklers (Butler and Clarke) out for the year. So I don't want to hear excuses. Hugh Freeze wasn't going to stop Aplin from throwing the ball at Huskie defenders.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2012 02:34 PM by Max Power.)
01-09-2012 02:29 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Quote:ASU will not apologize

So don't.
01-09-2012 02:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
It is unfortunate that a mistake free game was not played on both sides but that's how it goes. It seemed like our FG kicker missed more last night than he did all year combined. Somehow our leading rusher only had 25 yards. I admit that our fake FG was 1yrd short of the 1st down but there were numerous other bad calls on both sides of the ball.

That being said I could really see us having a great OOC rivalry with you guys. We are mirror organizations with great aspirations. Who knows we could be like Boise St and TCU were to each other the past 10 years.

I know that most of Huskie Nation will be rooting for you guys for the next few years...unless you are playing a MAC team. Good luck next year and the years to come.
01-09-2012 03:31 PM
Advertisement

ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(01-09-2012 03:31 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  It is unfortunate that a mistake free game was not played on both sides but that's how it goes. It seemed like our FG kicker missed more last night than he did all year combined. Somehow our leading rusher only had 25 yards. I admit that our fake FG was 1yrd short of the 1st down but there were numerous other bad calls on both sides of the ball.

That being said I could really see us having a great OOC rivalry with you guys. We are mirror organizations with great aspirations. Who knows we could be like Boise St and TCU were to each other the past 10 years.

I know that most of Huskie Nation will be rooting for you guys for the next few years...unless you are playing a MAC team. Good luck next year and the years to come.

Agree . . two very evenly matched teams played last night . . your team came to play and my team showed up offensively for the first quarter and then laid down and spread its legs . . the best team won last night and I say CONGRATS to NIU for a good game . . your QB is a stud. A rivalry between these two teams could produce some good games. Best wishes to NIU going forward.

Go stAte . . Go SBC !! 02-13-banana
01-09-2012 05:04 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(01-09-2012 02:29 PM)Max Power Wrote:  Not only did NIU not have its coach for the Humanitarian Bowl last year, but only one assistant stayed (linebackers coach) and the HB was on the first bowl day of the season (December 18) -- the Huskies had only a couple weeks to prepare for Fresno State.

Also, NIU lost two starting D-linemen in the last month (Progar and Newcomb), and we had our two leading returning tacklers (Butler and Clarke) out for the year. So I don't want to hear excuses. Hugh Freeze wasn't going to stop Aplin from throwing the ball at Huskie defenders.

Aplin was put in that sitation by terrible play calling that reeze would certainly not have done.

We looked like a Steve Roberts offense...the guy coaching our offense had never been an offensive coordinator before and it showed.
01-09-2012 05:21 PM
Seminole Indian Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas
(01-09-2012 12:33 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  
(01-09-2012 10:52 AM)crawfish3 Wrote:  I was frankly disapointed that Freeze did not remain on board until after the Bowl game. I know that is common in these days and times, but it always sucks when it happens.

I had my binoculars out last night looking for him in pregame warmups...until they started announcing the teams...I thought it was absolutely bush league that he left those guys out there without finishing the whole season. He sucks 04-chairshot
There is still some confusion as to whether or not Freeze made the decision not to coach in the game or ASU made the decision.
01-09-2012 05:40 PM
WinstonTheWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Arkansas State
I head that Freeze wanted to coach it - but that maybe Ole Miss has requested some stipulations (like who stAte could/couldn't recruit?) that stAte wouldn't agree to. Or maybe I imagined this. Not sure.
01-09-2012 05:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.