Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Name Help
Bookmark and Share
BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Name Help
(12-21-2011 10:09 AM)Lafitte the Pirate Wrote:  
(12-21-2011 10:08 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Horrible injustice?? This gets more pathetic every time.

Almost like that school you call a University. How is your APR doing?

If you know me, you know I'm as much a LOUISIANA guy as anyone. In fact, I was the very first person to refer to us by that name (it was the day the name was changed) and I haven't stopped.

I caught grief from local listeners who were not Cajuns fans.

So, it's personal to me.

But having said that, I am going to implore Cajuns fans to stop.

Please stop.

The folks on this board are tired of this and frankiy so am I.

Everyone on this board knows what our preferred name is. Some are going to use it, some are not. That's the way it is, and four pages of this crap isn't going to change their minds.

If we continue to win, eventually we will change ESPN. When that happens, it's over.

Many websites use LOUISIANA when speaking about us. Getty Images has lots of pics on their site and the caption says "Louisiana vs. San Diego State.

CBS Sports uses LOUISIANA on their score crawls at the bottom of the screen.

The state of Louisiana and in many cases, the Sun Belt, will probably be the last ones to get on board.

It is what it is.

When I post here, I will use LOUISIANA. I don't give a rats behind if you are offended by it.

Conversely, as long as there is no malice intended, I will refrain from responding if any of you choose to use ULL. I will respond harshly, however, if you use Lafayette, as that is the root of the problem with the first part of this post.

But Cajun Fans, please shut the hell up about this. We have made more enemies here on this board because of the constant shoving of this down peoples throats that, at the end of the day, are supposed to be our friends.

You may carry on now. Play nice and have a Merry Christmas.
12-21-2011 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

warhawk09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bob
RE: Name Help
[Image: applause.gif]
12-21-2011 10:22 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(12-21-2011 10:20 AM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  
(12-21-2011 10:09 AM)Lafitte the Pirate Wrote:  
(12-21-2011 10:08 AM)warhawk09 Wrote:  Horrible injustice?? This gets more pathetic every time.

Almost like that school you call a University. How is your APR doing?

If you know me, you know I'm as much a LOUISIANA guy as anyone. In fact, I was the very first person to refer to us by that name (it was the day the name was changed) and I haven't stopped.

I caught grief from local listeners who were not Cajuns fans.

So, it's personal to me.

But having said that, I am going to implore Cajuns fans to stop.

Please stop.

The folks on this board are tired of this and frankiy so am I.

Everyone on this board knows what our preferred name is. Some are going to use it, some are not. That's the way it is, and four pages of this crap isn't going to change their minds.

If we continue to win, eventually we will change ESPN. When that happens, it's over.

Many websites use LOUISIANA when speaking about us. Getty Images has lots of pics on their site and the caption says "Louisiana vs. San Diego State.

CBS Sports uses LOUISIANA on their score crawls at the bottom of the screen.

The state of Louisiana and in many cases, the Sun Belt, will probably be the last ones to get on board.

It is what it is.

When I post here, I will use LOUISIANA. I don't give a rats behind if you are offended by it.

Conversely, as long as there is no malice intended, I will refrain from responding if any of you choose to use ULL. I will respond harshly, however, if you use Lafayette, as that is the root of the problem with the first part of this post.

But Cajun Fans, please shut the hell up about this. We have made more enemies here on this board because of the constant shoving of this down peoples throats that, at the end of the day, are supposed to be our friends.

You may carry on now. Play nice and have a Merry Christmas.

+1000

Thanks BoP, I think its been discussed Ad nauseum here.
12-21-2011 10:23 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
I split this response from another thread because I appreciated BoP's point of view and asked his permission to do so.

I suggest EVERYONE read this as I think that this is a perfectly resonable way to handle the issue many folks have with what UL-L would like thier athletic program to be called.

Thanks BoP.
12-21-2011 11:51 AM
Advertisement

CAJUNNATION Offline
1st String

I Root For: Western Civilization
Agreed.
12-21-2011 12:24 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
So are you the guys located like 20 miles from La Tech, or are y'all the other school??? 03-melodramatic
12-21-2011 01:04 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Thank you!
12-21-2011 01:05 PM
Advertisement

geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
Agreed BOP, time we move on from this.
12-21-2011 01:07 PM
Shof Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cajuns
Couldn't agree more!
12-21-2011 01:19 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
I agree with BoP. Look, I refer to them as UL..I went and did some researching on the name thing and see where they are coming from...I do it out of respect for our cajun posters here. However, most every ASU fan I know uses ULL. Our schools athletic department officially uses ULL, as Im sure most every school in the SBC does.

You guys are going to have to call and email a lot of people to get this changed. None of us here use ULL to deride you, we use it out of habit because currently that is what most SBC schools call you guys. Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks. Your beef is not with us, its quite honestly not with ULM either. Your beef is with the league, the State of Louisiana, an the national networks who refer to you as ULL.

Now I will gladly defend you guys when ESPN use the lafayette leopards logo...thats wrong and just ignorant. But We really need to cool the name debate on here...all its doing is driving us all crazy, and its lead several recent issues with warnings and banishments that frankly should never have to happen down here, where we pride ourselves on getting along better then any other conference fan bases.

just my 2 and a half cents.
12-21-2011 01:31 PM
Advertisement

dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
nice post amigo.

western is trying their damndest to brand us as 'wku'

i totally get it.

but i and most folks my age still call them western. my 19 year old freshman son on the other hand only calls his school wku. i get it.

i also get your post and it's why you are the stud you are.

makes me feel bad for going off on geauxcajun in another thread.

obviously not enough to go edit it but that's because i'm an attention ho and in a bad mood at work and took some of my work to the message board with me.

love always,

dahbeed.
12-21-2011 01:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I remember seeing "University of Louisiana-Lafayette" on the sides of the team busses here in Mobile last year. I would think that would be one of the first things Louisiana would want to fix (if they haven't already done so).
12-21-2011 03:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dwinging_sick Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-21-2011 11:51 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  I split this response from another thread because I appreciated BoP's point of view and asked his permission to do so.

I suggest EVERYONE read this as I think that this is a perfectly resonable way to handle the issue many folks have with what UL-L would like thier athletic program to be called.

Thanks BoP.

What was wrong with my point of view?!?!? :)
12-21-2011 10:29 PM
Advertisement

cajunhawk Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(12-21-2011 03:01 PM)airtroop Wrote:  I remember seeing "University of Louisiana-Lafayette" on the sides of the team busses here in Mobile last year. I would think that would be one of the first things Louisiana would want to fix (if they haven't already done so).

The bus is the decoy...we tell everyone, "look at the bus it says Louisiana Lafayette...see!!!". At the same time we are selling merchandise that has Louisiana only on it. Bait and switch...it's how we roll.
12-21-2011 10:32 PM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-21-2011 10:32 PM)cajunhawk Wrote:  
(12-21-2011 03:01 PM)airtroop Wrote:  I remember seeing "University of Louisiana-Lafayette" on the sides of the team busses here in Mobile last year. I would think that would be one of the first things Louisiana would want to fix (if they haven't already done so).

The bus is the decoy...we tell everyone, "look at the bus it says Louisiana Lafayette...see!!!". At the same time we are selling merchandise that has Louisiana only on it. Bait and switch...it's how we roll.

LMFAO!!!! Great explanation, my friend 04-cheers
12-22-2011 03:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.