Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gus Malzahn To Arkansas State Is The Feel Good Story Of The Year In College Football
Bookmark and Share
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Gus Malzahn To Arkansas State Is The Feel Good Story Of The Year In College Football
And so, a Frank Broyles Award winning assistant coach who is already a legend in the state is coming home. The coach who designed an offense that won a BCS National Championship and Cam Newton the Heisman Trophy is moving to Jonesboro. The small town boy who made the big time didn’t forget where he came from, and rather than holding out for allegedly “better” jobs at places like Arizona State, Houston or possibly Southern Miss, Malzahn decided to return to his roots and play on a smaller stage for a while.

Instead of being regarded as a high dollar hired gun, Gus Malzahn will be treated like a hometown hero.

These are the kinds of stories that give us hope, and this is the feel good story of the year. After the season we’ve had, Lord knows we needed one.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/gus-malza...z1gdspDQG2
12-15-2011 04:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cajunhawk Offline
Banned

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
RE: Gus Malzahn To Arkansas State Is The Feel Good Story Of The Year In College Football
I remember when Isaiah Thomas was hired at FIU...
12-15-2011 05:04 PM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
RE: Gus Malzahn To Arkansas State Is The Feel Good Story Of The Year In College Football
"These are the kinds of stories that give us hope, and this is the feel good story of the year. After the season we’ve had, Lord knows we needed one."

Your team is 10-2, going to a bowl, and you need a "feel good" story?
12-15-2011 05:10 PM
Advertisement

Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-15-2011 05:04 PM)cajunhawk Wrote:  I remember when Isaiah Thomas was hired at FIU...

Hawk, Gus is a good coach...now if they had hired Kristi...
12-15-2011 05:11 PM
cajunhawk Offline
Banned

In all fairness they may have been 10-2, but having the coach that got you their bolt on you at the first sign of green is a bit of a bummer. This is a pick me up for their fanbase.
12-15-2011 05:12 PM
Advertisement

cajunhawk Offline
Banned

(12-15-2011 05:11 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  
(12-15-2011 05:04 PM)cajunhawk Wrote:  I remember when Isaiah Thomas was hired at FIU...

Hawk, Gus is a good coach...now if they had hired Kristi...

Just hoping they temper their enthusiasm...it can get the best of you sometimes.
12-15-2011 05:13 PM
Vobserver Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-15-2011 05:12 PM)cajunhawk Wrote:  In all fairness they may have been 10-2, but having the coach that got you their bolt on you at the first sign of green is a bit of a bummer. This is a pick me up for their fanbase.

Seriously, I see this as a major boost for the conference, and a great publicity tool. There has been a huge surge in commitment to athletics by virtually every school in the conference in the last month.
12-15-2011 05:15 PM
Advertisement

OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
I agree,

stAte could of simply gave in to depression after losing the coach that brought them thier best season ever. Instead the administration and boosters stepped up and hit a home run.

Every one is going to have to commit to thier programs to this to make it work.
12-15-2011 07:48 PM
Fanof49ASU Online
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(12-15-2011 05:10 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  "These are the kinds of stories that give us hope, and this is the feel good story of the year. After the season we’ve had, Lord knows we needed one."

03-lmfao
12-15-2011 09:29 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-15-2011 05:10 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  "These are the kinds of stories that give us hope, and this is the feel good story of the year. After the season we’ve had, Lord knows we needed one."

Well This was the first year in a while that we werent exactly on a roller coaster ride. We were having a nice smooth ride until it got stuck about three quarters of the way down the track...but it got working again pretty quickly and is now working at 100 percent efficiency.

Its a feel good story nationally because top level assistant coaches just dont take head coaching jobs at SBC schools. Most coaches run for the money...he took a paycut
12-15-2011 10:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.