Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Libyan Leader Declares Nation Islamic, Sharia Law to be Implemented
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America

Sunday, 23 Oct 2011 02:34 PM

Libya's transitional leader declared his country's liberation Sunday after an 8-month civil war and set out plans for the future with an Islamist tone. The announcement was clouded, however, by international pressure to explain how ousted dictator Moammar Gadhafi had been captured alive days earlier, then ended up dead from a gunshot to his head shortly afterward.

Gadhafi's death in circumstances that are still unclear, and the gruesome spectacle of his body laid out as a trophy in a commercial freezer and on public view, are testing the new Libyan leaders' commitment to the rule of law. Even at the ceremony to declare liberation, a couple speakers in positions of authority essentially said Gadhafi got what he deserved.

But transitional government leader Mustafa Abdul-Jalil, who made the keynote speech, did not mention the events surrounding Gadhafi's end and called on his people to eschew hatred.

"You should only embrace honesty, patience, and mercy," Abdul-Jalil told the crowd at the declaration ceremony in the eastern city of Benghazi, the birthplace of the uprising against Gadhafi. He urged Libyans to reconcile their differences.

And he laid out a vision for the post-Gadhafi future with an Islamist tint, saying Islamic Sharia law would be the "basic source" of legislation and existing laws that contradict the teachings of Islam would be nullified. In a gesture that showed his own piety, he urged Libyans not to express their joy by firing guns in the air, but rather to chant "Allahu Akbar," or God is Great. He then stepped aside from the podium and knelt to offer a brief prayer of thanks.

Using Sharia as the main source of legislation is stipulated in the constitution of neighboring Egypt. Still, Egyptian laws remain largely secular as Sharia does not cover all aspects of modern day life.
10-23-2011 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
RE: Libyan Leader Declares Nation Islamic, Sharia Law to be Implemented
And this surprises anyone how??????????????????
Gadhafi was a horrible leader/person, but at least he was not outwardly hazardous to us. (recently)
Now, they are.
10-23-2011 06:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
Re: Libyan Leader Declares Nation Islamic, Sharia Law to be Implemented
Its newsmax the likelihood of this is very low. Newsmax makes Faux News look actually fair and balanced.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
10-23-2011 06:03 PM
TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
So what you are saying, is that Newsmax and the Washington Post have the same credibility??

Liberal press say Libya will go islamist.
10-23-2011 06:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(10-23-2011 06:03 PM)brista21 Wrote:  Its newsmax the likelihood of this is very low. Newsmax makes Faux News look actually fair and balanced.

Well heck, now that the Washington Post is reporting the facts, I don't believe.

Anything that gets accurately reported is a lie.
10-23-2011 07:01 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
Really shouldn't shock anyone.

Since we're leaving Iraq by end of year we should get out of Afghanistan as well.

Bring those troops home, build a big a$$ base on the Mexican border and begin the process of implementing the military to cover the border. It won't be long before those weapons that "disappeared" in Libya find their way into Al Queda hands and then into our country.
10-23-2011 07:41 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

Well, then a soon as Mustafa Abdul-Jalil, finds out it was Newsmax reporting, he will reject Sheria in favor of democracy. The liberal loons are coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches.
10-23-2011 07:51 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(10-23-2011 06:00 PM)TomorrowHerd Wrote:  And this surprises anyone how??????????????????
Gadhafi was a horrible leader/person, but at least he was not outwardly hazardous to us. (recently)
Now, they are.

What's worse we allowed an ally and only Arab leader to make peace with Israel to be overthrown. Mubarak wasn't perfect but he even allowed limited freedom of religion. These new guys don't want to recognize Israel have burned down Christian Churches and when they are firmly entrenched, ain't going to be a friend of the US. Make no mistake these guys are Iranian influenced and will look to Iran for direction.
10-23-2011 07:59 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(10-23-2011 07:41 PM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  Bring those troops home, build a big a$$ base on the Mexican border and begin the process of implementing the military to cover the border. It won't be long before those weapons that "disappeared" in Libya find their way into Al Queda hands and then into our country.

Ron Paul? When did you start posting here?
10-23-2011 08:25 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(10-23-2011 06:03 PM)brista21 Wrote:  Its newsmax the likelihood of this is very low. Newsmax makes Faux News look actually fair and balanced.

Don't be surprised. That is where that moron gets all his "news".
10-23-2011 08:32 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(10-23-2011 06:31 PM)TomorrowHerd Wrote:  So what you are saying, is that Newsmax and the Washington Post have the same credibility??

Liberal press say Libya will go islamist.
"Although he lacks the power to make such changes himself, his comments, on such a symbolically significant day, suggested that Islam could play a greater role in public life in the new Libya".
10-23-2011 08:36 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(10-23-2011 07:51 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Well, then a soon as Mustafa Abdul-Jalil, finds out it was Newsmax reporting, he will reject Sheria in favor of democracy. The liberal loons are coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches.
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?
10-23-2011 08:38 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline

(10-23-2011 08:38 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(10-23-2011 07:51 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Well, then a soon as Mustafa Abdul-Jalil, finds out it was Newsmax reporting, he will reject Sheria in favor of democracy. The liberal loons are coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches.
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?

At least my relationships don't start and end with inflatable doll, like yours. Say goodnight, pervert.
10-23-2011 09:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.