Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

From the KU Board
Bookmark and Share
Field Turf Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
From the KU Board
An expert has spoken:

I am an Army fan, being a a former soldier myself, but they are not a very good team and have not been for a long time. But Army ran for 303 yards on NIU, 303 yards. I have watched both KU and Army play and KU is a far better team.

Expect KU to run all over NIU in the game.

http://boards.kusports.com/showflat.php?...&fpart=all
09-09-2011 05:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NSwanson89 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
RE: From the KU Board
I think its funny that they reference the article on McNeese St on RABA.com when most of the quotes from that article are from their own blog....
09-09-2011 05:31 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
You would think Kansas fans especially would know the difference between NIU and UNI.

UNI = Northern Iowa = Laid the wood to Kansas basketball in 2010
NIU = Northern Illinois = Smart money says they will lay the wood to Kansas football in 2011
09-09-2011 06:17 PM
seeds99 Offline
1st String

(09-09-2011 05:17 PM)Field Turf Wrote:  An expert has spoken:

I am an Army fan, being a a former soldier myself, but they are not a very good team and have not been for a long time. But Army ran for 303 yards on NIU, 303 yards. I have watched both KU and Army play and KU is a far better team.

How many yards did NIU give up on the ground in the 4th though, I don't remember the number but it was a lot against our 2nd string. Plus they make fun of our size but big ole Frank the Tank is now back so the Tank by himself adds a few lbs to the DL. We typically win on speed, not size. I do think KU is better then Army but not sure how much until we play tomorrow.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2011 06:22 PM by seeds99.)
09-09-2011 06:20 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
This week will be a far better test of our defense, I hope that they are up to the challenge.
09-09-2011 06:20 PM
Big Redd Offline
Special Teams

I'm just as guilty as anyone of surfing competitors boards for my own personal fuel. That wasn't very hard to find with less than informed Army fans. From what I've read on the KU board they're the most respectful comments I've ever read from a BSC opponent. Now my fuel is simply because they think we're cocky...so might as well roll with it. As the game approaches I'm growing more confident this team can go on the road to a BSC school as the favorite and back it up.
09-09-2011 10:15 PM
Advertisement

NIU17 Offline
All American

He might be right, but who has watched both Army and Kansas play this year?
09-09-2011 11:09 PM
PeoriaHuskie11 Offline
1st String

(09-09-2011 06:20 PM)seeds99 Wrote:  

How many yards did NIU give up on the ground in the 4th though, I don't remember the number but it was a lot against our 2nd string. Plus they make fun of our size but big ole Frank the Tank is now back so the Tank by himself adds a few lbs to the DL. We typically win on speed, not size. I do think KU is better then Army but not sure how much until we play tomorrow.

+1

Boise St also has an undersized D-line, but look at what they have done on D the past few years
09-09-2011 11:17 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
That sure is a confident bunch of KU fans. Evidently this wont be much of a test for them.

KU fans are ascending toward the Temple or TCU level in terms of fan annoyance/ignorance.
09-09-2011 11:21 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
rabid got KU mad hahah, look out
09-09-2011 11:31 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Are we sure Big Frank is back? What happened last week, would be great to see someone w/ his size out there this week against Kansas.
09-10-2011 01:27 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

Has anyone seen the average size of KU's DL? It's not big either. We will truck through their DL like we did Army's.
09-10-2011 03:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

This is why u bury a team. We gave up 303 meaningless yards and everyone thinks its a weakness. I know u can't but would have love to go all out whole game and shut the critics up. Army's triple option is what makes them tough. Frank boenzi played sparingly because quicknewss over size is needed to combat the triple option. Hense u saw jenkins inside
09-10-2011 07:22 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
This should be a 2 or 3 TD win for the Huskies. There's not as much talent at Kansas as when Mark Mangino was there.03-shhhh
09-10-2011 07:52 AM
17Huskies Offline
Heisman

I just hope we win, don't care how we get there, but 2-0 sounds darn good.

I think our D will struggle, but will be able to make enough stops as long as our O does'nt turn it over.
09-10-2011 07:57 AM
BobL Offline
Heisman

If this truly a special team, NIU needs not just a win but a dominant performance.
09-10-2011 08:33 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(09-10-2011 07:57 AM)17Huskies Wrote:  I just hope we win, don't care how we get there, but 2-0 sounds darn good.

I think our D will struggle, but will be able to make enough stops as long as our O does'nt turn it over.

Offense is the best defense.
09-10-2011 08:37 AM
BobL Offline
Heisman

(09-10-2011 03:43 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Has anyone seen the average size of KU's DL? It's not big either. We will truck through their DL like we did Army's.

From a tribune article:
NIU defensive end Alan Baxter forced a fumble and recovered one against Army. Kansas, which beat McNeese State 42-24 in its opener, could present a bigger challenge.

"They have a big offensive line. But we go against 300-plus offensive linemen every day at practice, so it helps a ton," Baxter said.
09-10-2011 08:46 AM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-10-2011 01:27 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Are we sure Big Frank is back? What happened last week, would be great to see someone w/ his size out there this week against Kansas.

From HW twitter...

#NIU coach Dave Doeren said DT Frank Boenzi was out with injury Saturday. Declined to say what injury was, but Boenzi will return v. Kansas.
09-10-2011 08:50 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Nice, I missed that tweet, thanks HJohn.
09-10-2011 09:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.