Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CFN review NIU at KU
Bookmark and Share
BobL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU
CFN review NIU at KU
NIU picked up where it left off in the Jerry Kill era, with new head coach Dan Doeren coming out roaring with a huge day from the ground attack in a stunning 49-26 win over an Army team that should be good enough to end up in a bowl game. The team is focused and on a mission after gagging away the MAC Championship game, and with a veteran offense and enough athletes on defense to get by, it’ll be stunning if it doesn’t come out of Lawrence with a win.

Next week, the Huskies play Wisconsin in Soldier Field, and then comes the MAC schedule. Considering the Badgers have trouble with experienced spread quarterbacks, an upset wouldn’t be totally out of left field. Also considering that no one on the MAC slate, with the possible exception of Toledo on the road and Western Michigan at home, should come without two touchdowns of the Huskies, this Kansas game could set the tone for a really, really big season.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1101707.html
09-08-2011 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
RE: CFN review NIU at KU
(09-08-2011 08:14 AM)BobL Wrote:  NIU picked up where it left off in the Jerry Kill era, with new head coach Dan Doeren coming out roaring with a huge day from the ground attack in a stunning 49-26 win over an Army team that should be good enough to end up in a bowl game. The team is focused and on a mission after gagging away the MAC Championship game, and with a veteran offense and enough athletes on defense to get by, it’ll be stunning if it doesn’t come out of Lawrence with a win.

Next week, the Huskies play Wisconsin in Soldier Field, and then comes the MAC schedule. Considering the Badgers have trouble with experienced spread quarterbacks, an upset wouldn’t be totally out of left field. Also considering that no one on the MAC slate, with the possible exception of Toledo on the road and Western Michigan at home, should come without two touchdowns of the Huskies, this Kansas game could set the tone for a really, really big season.

Wow! That's amazing! Oh, wait! I forgot to read the article. I was distracted by the Fantasy Football ad.
09-08-2011 08:40 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskiemobileMan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, MAC, Cubs
Donators
Pretty good write up. Impressive that they mentioned the 48-6 army score before we put our second stringers in.
09-08-2011 08:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(09-08-2011 08:14 AM)BobL Wrote:  NIU picked up where it left off in the Jerry Kill era, with new head coach Dan Doeren coming out roaring with a huge day from the ground attack in a stunning 49-26 win over an Army team that should be good enough to end up in a bowl game. The team is focused and on a mission after gagging away the MAC Championship game, and with a veteran offense and enough athletes on defense to get by, it’ll be stunning if it doesn’t come out of Lawrence with a win.

Wait, I thought we hated CFN and insist they don't know s#*t from wild honey.

I must have mixed that up. I guess since they're writing nice things about us they're teh awesome.
09-08-2011 12:56 PM
Who You Crappin'? Offline
1st String

(09-08-2011 08:57 AM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  Pretty good write up. Impressive that they mentioned the 48-6 army score before we put our second stringers in.

I keep reading Kansas fans' comments about how we gave up 300 some yards rushing. Does anyone know how many of those rushing yards were given up in the 4th quarter? Just trying to grasp what the starters actually gave up vs. the backups.
09-08-2011 01:31 PM
sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
(09-08-2011 12:56 PM)cawoo22 Wrote:  

Wait, I thought we hated CFN and insist they don't know s#*t from wild honey.

I must have mixed that up. I guess since they're writing nice things about us they're teh awesome.
Let's just say that regarding CFN we can take it or leave it.

In this case, We'll TAKE it. Shinola and all.
09-08-2011 01:36 PM
Advertisement

rabidawg900 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: We Are Huskies
(09-08-2011 01:31 PM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  
(09-08-2011 08:57 AM)HuskiemobileMan Wrote:  Pretty good write up. Impressive that they mentioned the 48-6 army score before we put our second stringers in.

I keep reading Kansas fans' comments about how we gave up 300 some yards rushing. Does anyone know how many of those rushing yards were given up in the 4th quarter? Just trying to grasp what the starters actually gave up vs. the backups.

I counted about 140 yds given up in the 4th on the ground.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 01:40 PM by rabidawg900.)
09-08-2011 01:39 PM
1st String

(09-08-2011 01:39 PM)rabidawg900 Wrote:  
(09-08-2011 01:31 PM)Who You Crappin? Wrote:  

I counted about 140 yds given up in the 4th on the ground.

Thanks, this is what I thought. The score and defensive stats are truly misleading if you didn't watch the game.
09-08-2011 01:42 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Does it really matter though? Let Kansas fans say what they want. Remember the Purude fan? lol
09-08-2011 01:52 PM
1st String

(09-08-2011 01:52 PM)7 Wrote:  Does it really matter though? Let Kansas fans say what they want. Remember the Purude fan? lol

I know. I just find it funny that even some KU writers were talking about how much we gave up on the ground. It's also funny how those same writers that were so willing to praise KU for beating an FCS team that, in their "big victory", was only up by 11 with 8:32 remaining in the game. Let's destroy these fools.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 02:48 PM by Who You Crappin'?.)
09-08-2011 02:48 PM
WhiskeyDick Offline
Banned

I Root For: Penalty kills
A. Kansas is a basketball school 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th of all. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find 10 Jayhawk fans with a geniunely informed opinion on their football program.

B. NIU should and will beat Kansas.
09-08-2011 03:00 PM
Advertisement

blackhawk Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: huskies
This IS a big game for us. If we lose we can completely remove ourselves from any conversation regarding top tier football teams.

We are riding a wave and 'getting' the opportunity to play an inferior BSC opp. We need to take care of business.

Like never before, I believe. It starts and ends with our QB...he has given us that confidence.

Any win is a W, but I sure would like to throw 50 on them (and hold them to about 25).

KU will be mighty prepared and heavy with the chip....The team that suits up against OK and Texas (for now) is an underdog to a MAC foe AT HOME. There is your bulletin board material...Not to mention Turner knows the MAC.
09-08-2011 04:03 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-08-2011 04:03 PM)blackhawk Wrote:  This IS a big game for us. If we lose we can completely remove ourselves from any conversation regarding top tier football teams.

We are riding a wave and 'getting' the opportunity to play an inferior BSC opp. We need to take care of business.

Like never before, I believe. It starts and ends with our QB...he has given us that confidence.

Any win is a W, but I sure would like to throw 50 on them (and hold them to about 25).

KU will be mighty prepared and heavy with the chip....The team that suits up against OK and Texas (for now) is an underdog to a MAC foe AT HOME. There is your bulletin board material...Not to mention Turner knows the MAC.

Isn't it funny how that doesn't seem to be mentioned by the Kansas fans or media?
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 04:06 PM by HuskieJohn.)
09-08-2011 04:06 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(09-08-2011 04:03 PM)blackhawk Wrote:  This IS a big game for us. If we lose we can completely remove ourselves from any conversation regarding top tier football teams.

Agree. It will be hard to make too many claims about being good if we lose. These are the types of games we need to take advantage of.
09-08-2011 04:24 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

I Root For: any UT opponent
Yes there is a general dislike toward CFN because they do think that MAC schools should not be in FBS football, but is anyone ready for some football after this paragraph?

Next week, the Huskies play Wisconsin in Soldier Field, and then comes the MAC schedule. Considering the Badgers have trouble with experienced spread quarterbacks, an upset wouldn’t be totally out of left field. Also considering that no one on the MAC slate, with the possible exception of Toledo on the road and Western Michigan at home, should come without two touchdowns of the Huskies, this Kansas game could set the tone for a really, really big season
09-08-2011 04:44 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(09-08-2011 04:44 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Yes there is a general dislike toward CFN because they do think that MAC schools should not be in FBS football, but is anyone ready for some football after this paragraph?

Next week, the Huskies play Wisconsin in Soldier Field, and then comes the MAC schedule. Considering the Badgers have trouble with experienced spread quarterbacks, an upset wouldn’t be totally out of left field. Also considering that no one on the MAC slate, with the possible exception of Toledo on the road and Western Michigan at home, should come without two touchdowns of the Huskies, this Kansas game could set the tone for a really, really big season

I don't really even want to think about Wisconsin until I see what happens against Kansas.
09-08-2011 04:46 PM
Advertisement

NIUHuskie Offline
1st String

(09-08-2011 04:24 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

Agree. It will be hard to make too many claims about being good if we lose. These are the types of games we need to take advantage of.

Which is why the loses to Iowa State and Illinois last year hurt so much.
09-08-2011 04:49 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-08-2011 04:46 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  
(09-08-2011 04:44 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Yes there is a general dislike toward CFN because they do think that MAC schools should not be in FBS football, but is anyone ready for some football after this paragraph?

I don't really even want to think about Wisconsin until I see what happens against Kansas.

No doubt, Kansas is a mega huge game. Huge huge. Should be a good one, and CFN is picking the game pretty close.
09-08-2011 04:50 PM
bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(09-08-2011 04:44 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  who quoted CFN

Considering the Badgers have trouble with experienced spread quarterbacks, an upset wouldn’t be totally out of left field.

Yes but it was Wisconsin's former defensive coordinater that couldn't come up with a plan to stop teams with experienced spread QBs.

05-stirthepot05-stirthepot
09-08-2011 09:33 PM
MaddDawgz02 Offline
Banned

(09-08-2011 04:49 PM)NIUHuskie Wrote:  
(09-08-2011 04:24 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  

Which is why the loses to Iowa State and Illinois last year hurt so much.

Normally I'd agree but the first 4 weeks of the season that team underwent a huge transformation. Grady starting @ Iowa State tells you all you need to know about that game, and even with the Illini game I dont think it was the same NIU team as we saw a few weeks later. Things needed to come together a bit. Now the Miami-OH loss, that was all on coaching.
09-08-2011 09:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.