West Virginia
Mizzou
Oklahoma
Texas Tech
Louisville
They shock us all and dont expand
Pitt/ECU/Buffalo/Villanova/Temple/App State
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Call your shot: SEC #14 is....
1845 Bear Offline

I Root For: Baylor
Call your shot: SEC #14 is....
Let's see which teams are predicted and who is right.

Gentlemen, pick your target.
08-19-2011 06:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: Call your shot: SEC #14 is....
01-lauramac2F that..................ECU gets in baby05-stirthepot04-rock05-stirthepot04-rock!
08-19-2011 06:37 PM
Guyasuta Genac Offline
2nd String

I Root For: PITT
Didn't see Pitt as an option.
08-19-2011 06:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(08-19-2011 06:39 PM)Guyasuta Genac Wrote:  Didn't see Pitt as an option.

Because Pitt's a "Yankee"
08-19-2011 06:46 PM
OrangeCrush22 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
Had a hard time between Florida State and Virginia Tech, but ended up choosing Virginia Tech.
08-19-2011 06:47 PM
superdeluxe Offline
1st String

I Root For: UW
I don't think they expand this year
08-19-2011 07:09 PM
Advertisement

Guyasuta Genac Offline
2nd String

I Root For: PITT
(08-19-2011 06:46 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  
(08-19-2011 06:39 PM)Guyasuta Genac Wrote:  Didn't see Pitt as an option.

Because Pitt's a "Yankee"

/sarcasm

Should have added that.

Still voted for Pitt.

hahahahahaha
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 07:20 PM by Guyasuta Genac.)
08-19-2011 07:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UABGrad Offline
All American

I Root For:
They almost took WVU last time around and they are a stronger program now.
08-19-2011 07:27 PM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
I don't want them to, but believe West Virginia gets in.. their just to good to get pass up...
08-19-2011 07:34 PM
nuftw Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Northwestern
I don't think the SEC actually has a lot of good options. They seem determined to not take a school in the footprint, and I don't know if any of the ACC schools outside the footprint would take the invite. Virginia Tech would be the obvious choice, but their denial was basically a ten minute panegyric of the ACC. I realize verbal denials generally aren't worth the paper they're written on, but VT's was a far cry from most of the "We haven't had any contact" or "We satisfied with our current position" (or "When you consider Oklahoma State and Texas Tech"). I don't think NCSU could leave UNC even if they wanted to and I don't think they want to.

If ACC schools and footprint schools are out, the list is very short. I don't think Oklahoma can leave OkSt, and even then most of the fans seem to view going to the SEC as a recovering alcoholic moving next to a bar.

The only options left seem to be Missouri (who might go) or WVU (who would).
08-19-2011 07:45 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Though I would hate to lose WVU as a conference mate, they deserve a chance to compete at the highest level of college football. Most Louisville fans know we would accept the bid if offered but the truth is we will always be a basketball first school. It doesn't mean we won't continue to build to compete for a BCS Championship. It just means we are realists. Good Luck to The Eers if they get the invite. It will be nice to finally have a team in that focking conference I can proudly root for that doesn't cheat their arse off.
CJ
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 07:52 PM by CardinalJim.)
08-19-2011 07:51 PM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
I chose West Virginia.

I also think the fallout will be BYU to the Big 12 and ECU and UCF to the Big East.

It just seems to me like Mr. Luck has been working on this for a long time.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 08:00 PM by Chappy.)
08-19-2011 08:00 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

I Root For: Southern Miss
Southern Miss 04-rock
08-19-2011 08:01 PM
Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: WVU; Marshall
good to see my fellow WVU homers have voted early
08-19-2011 08:02 PM
onlinepole Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NU & NIU
VaTech because they have been the kings of ACC football the last 5 years, are among the best draws in the league and would not only net the SEC a new state but would also put them into the Washington DC suburbs. VaTech outdraws WVA and brings a larger TV market.
08-19-2011 08:04 PM
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
Loyal and Bold, We are the Purple and Gold, We are the Pirates of E...C....U!!!
08-19-2011 08:27 PM
Advertisement

joe4psu Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Penn State
I went with Mizzou. When Mizzou realizes that the B1G is not inviting them on the way to 16 they will accept the SEC's advances. The SEC really wants them because OU and UT are not interested and getting 1 school from the east is proving hard enough.

I'd go with WVU as #2. It could go the other way, WVU going first and then Mizzou. Mizzou has to face the fact that a B1G invite is not coming. The B1G wants ND, UT (possibly OU) and then eastern/southeastern schools.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2011 09:09 PM by joe4psu.)
08-19-2011 09:08 PM
Fresno St. Alum Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Fresno St.
WVU
08-19-2011 11:44 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
Well I am thinking maybe just maybe my Cards have a decent shot at getting an invite for there is just to much speculation amongst the media here and there for them to not have one. Also if the SEC goes to 16 for what ever reason they are only able to pull in just 1 Big12-2 school being ATM then look for them to switch Vandy to the West division and look to bring in 3 teams from the East ( Eastern Time Zone Region ) of more or less of Louisville, West Virginia, Clemson, FSU, and possibly maybe NC State for three of these guys will more less be brought in to round out the SEC Super Conference.

Yes I know a lot of you are probably going to laugh, but hear me out. The fat cats of the SEC ( Bama, Florida, LSU, Georgia, Tenn, Auburn ) are not going to want to rock the boat so to say where they are sharing their spot light with other powers, but more than likely don't mind sharing with teams who will push them around, but not over take their top spot on a yearly basis like they ( OU, VT, FSU, Clemson and others who have been mentioned amongst a so-called wish list of suitors.

So take the SEC East ... Florida, Georgia, Tenn, Kentucky, South Carolina, ( 4 really awesome FB schools and UK ) and fill in the last 3 spots with teams that will compete West Virginia, Louisville, and NC State this giving the conference two new states to the footprint with teams of national branding not to mention rubbing it to the ACC every chance they get with NC State and Tobacco Road with their very own intense rivalry game amongst the Bluegrass with Kentucky and Louisville who IMO is just as big. Also you have West Virginia who has been known to run with the big dogs from time to time for Georgia is still waiting for a rematch.

In the Sec West ... Bama, Auburn, LSU, Arkansas, Miss State, Ole Miss, you have plenty of good football schools minus MS & Ole Miss, but add in Vandy who more than holds their own amongst the SEC East schools each and every year even though their record maybe doesn't show it, but would help balance out the West come basketball season. And for the last team which is no surprise being Texas A&M giving the conference their big piece of pie amongst the big daddy state of Texas which the SEC has so desperately wanted to be associated with for reason to many to explain. Also this game between ATM and Bama will more than likely be known as the Battle of the Bear ( Bear Bryant ) who lead both of these schools from nothing to the mega stars they are today, even if it's true or not that is my opinion, but you have to agree the Battle of Bear if a catchy slogan for that game once it's played amongst the conference.

So all in all adding teams of A&M, Louisville, West Virginia, and NC State enhances the conference overall appearance as well as making the SEC fat cats happy for they will not be over taken by outside powers who threaten their status.

Is this going to happen I doubt it, but if it does it would be one hell of a balance all sport conference IMO of football as well as basketball.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2011 01:04 AM by BigOwensboroCard.)
08-20-2011 12:57 AM
LSUtah Offline
1st String

I Root For: LSU
WVU
08-20-2011 10:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.