Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

COMMENTARY: It’s time to complete the north side of FIU stadium
Bookmark and Share
Joel Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: FIU
Exclamation COMMENTARY: It’s time to complete the north side of FIU stadium
If you're on Facebook, like "FIU Student Media: Sports" for daily content that includes game previews and recaps, player features, commentary, photos, interviews and much more. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/FIUSMsports

Here's a column we have by one of our writers on potential stadium expansion:

http://fiusm.com/2011/07/20/commentary-i...e-stadium/
07-25-2011 07:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

westcoastwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
RE: COMMENTARY: It’s time to complete the north side of FIU stadium
I'm sorry, but you want to expand to 45000 after going to one bowl game?

It seats 23k now and I guarantee you aren't at least 80% consistently.
07-25-2011 08:30 PM
owlcountry40 Offline
1st String

I Root For: FAU
FIU has has an on campus stadium and about 10k more students but until last year you avg less fans then us and even last year you did not beat us by much.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2011 08:31 PM by owlcountry40.)
07-25-2011 08:31 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
14,831 fans would look like 8,000 in a 45k stadium.
07-25-2011 08:34 PM
Joel Offline
Bench Warmer

Our writer was advocating for the completion of the north side of the stadium, which would bring capacity to 23,500.

45,000 is the long term (and ultimate) goal that would require the construction of the upper deck. But finishing the north side, which would enclose the lower bowl of the stadium, would make the place much more pleasing to the eye and I think can be filled to capacity over the next five years if there is continued success.
07-25-2011 09:17 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
I had always thought it was time to complete the North side when you completed the South, East, and West sides.
07-25-2011 09:42 PM
Advertisement

Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
FIU can't fill the seats they have now. Why waste money building endzone seats you don't need, and nobody will want to sit in?
07-25-2011 09:44 PM
Krights_Kross Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCF
(07-25-2011 07:11 PM)Joel Wrote:  If you're on Facebook, like "FIU Student Media: Sports" for daily content that includes game previews and recaps, player features, commentary, photos, interviews and much more. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/FIUSMsports

As a season ticket holder (reluctantly) of FIU for 2011, FIU would be wise to not expand till they can fill at least 80% of your capacity with YOUR fans. It is ironic that the tickets in UCF's allotment are 40 each but the season tickets in next section mind you are 42 for entire season..

Good news is I will see the game at least and the one FIU alumnus in the party will ensure nobody seats in our seats for the other 5 games. So FIU admin you may count me as being there for 5 more games but you will not get my seat.
07-25-2011 09:56 PM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

No team in the SBC is in a position to talk about attendance. The article is pointing out that the stadium should be enclosed by finishing the visitor side of the sideline, nowhere does it say that we have great attendance and that's why it should be done (in fact, it says the opposite).
07-25-2011 10:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

Really, how are they going to do that? lol, I love internet tough guys, if you aren't there and FIU decides to brand your area GA afterwards, what excatly is your "friend" going to do. The best part is that this FIU alumn would be see invested in making sure that no one sat in your seat that he would even do something about it. That's hillarious!

(07-25-2011 09:56 PM)Krights_Kross Wrote:  
(07-25-2011 07:11 PM)Joel Wrote:  If you're on Facebook, like "FIU Student Media: Sports" for daily content that includes game previews and recaps, player features, commentary, photos, interviews and much more. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/FIUSMsports

As a season ticket holder (reluctantly) of FIU for 2011, FIU would be wise to not expand till they can fill at least 80% of your capacity with YOUR fans. It is ironic that the tickets in UCF's allotment are 40 each but the season tickets in next section mind you are 42 for entire season..

Good news is I will see the game at least and the one FIU alumnus in the party will ensure nobody seats in our seats for the other 5 games. So FIU admin you may count me as being there for 5 more games but you will not get my seat.
07-25-2011 10:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MaXx Offline
2nd String

If someone you designate sits in your seat, great, the ticket is being used. We're happy to have you aboard.
07-25-2011 10:12 PM
Advertisement

Krights_Kross Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCF
(07-25-2011 10:07 PM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Really, how are they going to do that? lol, I love internet tough guys, if you aren't there and FIU decides to brand your area GA afterwards, what excatly is your "friend" going to do. The best part is that this FIU alumn would be see invested in making sure that no one sat in your seat that he would even do something about it. That's hillarious!

Actually if he has all 5 of the tickets he will say we are in restroom. I have spread the word, if you can't sell your ticket make sure FIU can't. Sorry charlie can't double count tickets. I bet only 8-9K show up the rest of Non-Duke games.

Not internet tough guy, legally we have 5 seats and we will use them. FIU wanted increase in tickets sold so it SOLD those seats.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2011 10:44 PM by Krights_Kross.)
07-25-2011 10:40 PM
westcoastwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
Does that guy who yells through the entire game as if he is a 2 Live Crew frontman (topical reference since we are talking about Miami) still do the PA for your games? That guy yelling over the PA during plays is as big of a competitive advantage as being the only side in the sun during an early afternoon game at ULL. Yep, still bitter about that ULL loss this year and Wright Waters douchey move of moving the game up for regional TV. Can't remember how many people ended up being treated for dehydration and heat-related ailments.
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2011 10:43 PM by westcoastwolf.)
07-25-2011 10:42 PM
MaXx Offline
2nd String

(07-25-2011 10:40 PM)Krights_Kross Wrote:  
(07-25-2011 10:07 PM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Really, how are they going to do that? lol, I love internet tough guys, if you aren't there and FIU decides to brand your area GA afterwards, what excatly is your "friend" going to do. The best part is that this FIU alumn would be see invested in making sure that no one sat in your seat that he would even do something about it. That's hillarious!

Actually if he has all 5 of the tickets he will say we are in restroom. I have spread the word, if you can't sell your ticket make sure FIU can't. Sorry charlie can't double count tickets. I bet only 8-9K show up the rest of Non-Duke games.

Not internet tough guy, legally we have 5 seats and we will use them. FIU wanted increase in tickets sold so it SOLD those seats.

Funny how seriously you are taking this. Again, thanks for the support.
07-25-2011 11:12 PM
FIUFan Offline
All American

(07-25-2011 10:42 PM)westcoastwolf Wrote:  Does that guy who yells through the entire game as if he is a 2 Live Crew frontman (topical reference since we are talking about Miami) still do the PA for your games? That guy yelling over the PA during plays is as big of a competitive advantage as being the only side in the sun during an early afternoon game at ULL. Yep, still bitter about that ULL loss this year and Wright Waters douchey move of moving the game up for regional TV. Can't remember how many people ended up being treated for dehydration and heat-related ailments.

Luther Campbell (2 Live Crew) is a thUg supporter. And the PA guy doesn't yell over the plays...enough hyperbole already.
07-26-2011 08:04 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
I agree that none of us are in a position to talk attendance smack. I will be very curious to see FAU's attendance results this year.

There is no need for ANY of us to expand our stadiums right now. FAU's is probably a tad to big TBH for where the program is, but hopefully we start to win and it becomes full. Until we are routinely selling out most games it is better to have short supply.

Serious question for FIU fans, did the Press box issues ever get fixed? I've heard multiple people complain about it. I know the ole rule of thumb is never argue with people who buy thier ink by the barrell.
07-26-2011 08:15 AM
Advertisement

FIU4Ever Offline

Considering that some in this thread have bashed FIU about the current state of the north side of the stadium because it makes the whole stadium look unfinished, I find it funny that now you are bashing FIU fans for ASKING that it be completed. Damned if you, damned if you don't I guess. 01-wingedeagle
07-26-2011 11:51 AM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-26-2011 08:04 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  
(07-25-2011 10:42 PM)westcoastwolf Wrote:  Does that guy who yells through the entire game as if he is a 2 Live Crew frontman (topical reference since we are talking about Miami) still do the PA for your games? That guy yelling over the PA during plays is as big of a competitive advantage as being the only side in the sun during an early afternoon game at ULL. Yep, still bitter about that ULL loss this year and Wright Waters douchey move of moving the game up for regional TV. Can't remember how many people ended up being treated for dehydration and heat-related ailments.

Luther Campbell (2 Live Crew) is a thUg supporter. And the PA guy doesn't yell over the plays...enough hyperbole already.

The PA guy is too loud and very annoying. I watched a game on TV and the guy was so loud, I could hear him over the play by play guys.

He should go work for FAU. They have a disproportionate amount of hearing impaired elderly fans.
07-26-2011 12:02 PM
FIUFan Offline
All American

(07-26-2011 12:02 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  The PA guy is too loud and very annoying. I watched a game on TV and the guy was so loud, I could hear him over the play by play guys.

He should go work for FAU. They have a disproportionate amount of hearing impaired elderly fans.

No agruement here. He uses that PA as if it's a cheerleaders megaphone, esp. after a 1st down [THAT'S ANOTHER FIU....FIRST DOWN 03-puke]. But to say he's cheering over the game is just untrue.
07-26-2011 12:10 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-26-2011 12:10 PM)FIUFan Wrote:  
(07-26-2011 12:02 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  The PA guy is too loud and very annoying. I watched a game on TV and the guy was so loud, I could hear him over the play by play guys.

No agruement here. He uses that PA as if it's a cheerleaders megaphone, esp. after a 1st down [THAT'S ANOTHER FIU....FIRST DOWN 03-puke]. But to say he's cheering over the game is just untrue.

I'm not saying the guy is cheering, I'm just saying the volume on his mic needs to be turned down. He is so loud, none of your fans can be heard, and it sounds like he's the only one in the stadium. Hearing him over the play by play guys isn't an accusation, it's a fact. I heard him. The T.V. commentators even commented on his volume. I'm sure other Sun Belt fans have noticed too.
07-26-2011 06:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.