Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stadium Parking, How does your school do it?
Bookmark and Share
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Stadium Parking, How does your school do it?
So now that FAU Seat selection is underway, our talk is now moving on to gameday mechanics and several questions are arising since weve never had on campus before.

So I thought I would ask you all how your school handles it?

1.) Are generators allowed and if so in all areas?
2.) Are RV's allowed everywhere or do they have special areas with higher costs?
3.) Are the "better" lots reserved for those with "club" level seating?
4.) How early are folks allowed to setup before a game?

Any information you can provide would be most helpful so we can gauge how FAU is handling things.

Thanks for your help!
06-22-2011 08:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
RE: Stadium Parking, How does your school do it?
Poorly
06-22-2011 11:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OwlFamily Offline

(06-22-2011 11:01 AM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  Poorly

Define please?

Were a bit concerned that FAU will do "Poorly" as well even though they have a chance to start from scratch and do it right.
06-22-2011 11:29 AM
fauowls561 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FAU

Haha. On average, how long does it take to get in and out of campus on a game day?
06-22-2011 11:54 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(06-22-2011 08:43 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  So now that FAU Seat selection is underway, our talk is now moving on to gameday mechanics and several questions are arising since weve never had on campus before.

2.) Are RV's allowed everywhere or do they have special areas with higher costs?

Any information you can provide would be most helpful so we can gauge how FAU is handling things.

Thanks for your help!

Have your folks call the other athletic offices in the SBC and get the good, bad, and ugly on parking. Don't reinvent the wheel. That would be my advice

Eventually, you'll want to get an RV area, for sure.
06-22-2011 11:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(06-22-2011 08:43 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  So now that FAU Seat selection is underway, our talk is now moving on to gameday mechanics and several questions are arising since weve never had on campus before.

Thanks for your help!

With respect to Middle Tennessee.

1.) Are generators allowed and if so in all areas? Generators are allowed. Not sure if they are designated to certain areas though.
2.) Are RV's allowed everywhere or do they have special areas with higher costs? They have a certain area reserved for RVs and you have to pay for the spots.
3.) Are the "better" lots reserved for those with "club" level seating? Yes, depending on the amount of money you give. The more money the better parking. Also, the two large lots closest to the stadium are pay only lots.
4.) How early are folks allowed to setup before a game? I've seen people setting up the night before. I am not aware of a designated set up time.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011 11:58 AM by MT FAN.)
06-22-2011 11:57 AM
Advertisement

OwlFamily Offline

(06-22-2011 11:55 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Have your folks call the other athletic offices in the SBC and get the good, bad, and ugly on parking. Don't reinvent the wheel. That would be my advice

I would hope they've done that but the good Lord only knows if they did or not.

I know that the Cajuns and MTSU do the tailgate on a "next" level amd was wondering how easy it was for you guys to get it setup and work with the parking situation.
06-22-2011 11:57 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(06-22-2011 11:57 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  
(06-22-2011 11:55 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Have your folks call the other athletic offices in the SBC and get the good, bad, and ugly on parking. Don't reinvent the wheel. That would be my advice

I would hope they've done that but the good Lord only knows if they did or not.

I know that the Cajuns and MTSU do the tailgate on a "next" level amd was wondering how easy it was for you guys to get it setup and work with the parking situation.

For a minimal amount (I think maybe $250 donation to the athetics department) you get a BRAA (Blue Raider Athletic Association) Parking Pass. I'm not sure if all RV's pay extra-- I think only the ones using designated spots that use the electricity hookups
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011 01:07 PM by KAjunRaider.)
06-22-2011 12:07 PM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC

I agree. Troy tailgating, parking, etc is mediocre at best...
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011 12:30 PM by troy4ever21.)
06-22-2011 12:30 PM
reddot Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Ragin Cajuns
06-22-2011 01:39 PM
RDA Trojan Offline
Hector's Homeboy

So now that I have more time, I'll expand on "poorly."

4 or 5 years ago, I got a pair of GA season tickets for the first time. It turned out to be a little cheaper than buying them at the gate, and I got a parking pass with them for parking lots that were the lowest rung. I think it was like Zone 3 or 4 at the time. Look at the map in the link below. I could park in a lot beside the Smith building. Or down at the lot by the Trojan Center. Neither were a far walk from the stadium. Yeah, wasn't as nice as right by it or in the main tailgate area, but still I could always find a spot in one of the two lots. Now you have to have Stadium Club tickets just to park there. A single ticket is $500 for the year after ticket price and TSL donation.

http://troytrojans.com/documents/2010/9/...ab=parking

It has since changed. The next year I decided that since we had enjoyed going to all the games for the first time since we graduated, I'd get us some nicer, chairback reserved seats. One level below the Stadium Club, which is the highest level. But I would have to pay in additional for a parking pass. An insane amount. The year before my $100 pair of tix came with a pass, now my $500 tix came with no pass. And vehicles were no longer allowed on the Tailgate Terrace right by the stadium. But the year long RV reserved lot across the street let no normal cars in. So you have to displace all of those folks somewhere. But there's not enough parking, so I guess that is why you have to be a high roller to get a spot.

The RV lot was barely half full most games. You'd walk through there from whatever neighborhood and house you had parked in front of, and see a half empty lot, but they wouldn't sell single game spots or open it up to cars. All the same RV's every game.

Now we usually park way down in a neighborhood across from the entrance to the stadium. There are a few houses that will let you park in their yard for $5 or $10 a game. But you can usually drive on down and park for free.

And last year they renovated the Tailgate Terrace. Tore down a bunch of old bushes and shrubs, put in sidewalks, lights, etc. And I don't think they allow people to set up and tailgate there. No grills, tents, etc. I could be wrong.

They also have traffic issues on gamedays. Certain roads are blocked. And I have a wonderful story about the incompetent rent-a-cop campus police if anyone wants to PM me, I'd be glad to share it with you.
06-22-2011 03:00 PM
Advertisement

Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

(06-22-2011 03:00 PM)RDA Trojan Wrote:  So now that I have more time, I'll expand on "poorly."

4 or 5 years ago, I got a pair of GA season tickets for the first time. It turned out to be a little cheaper than buying them at the gate, and I got a parking pass with them for parking lots that were the lowest rung. I think it was like Zone 3 or 4 at the time. Look at the map in the link below. I could park in a lot beside the Smith building. Or down at the lot by the Trojan Center. Neither were a far walk from the stadium. Yeah, wasn't as nice as right by it or in the main tailgate area, but still I could always find a spot in one of the two lots. Now you have to have Stadium Club tickets just to park there. A single ticket is $500 for the year after ticket price and TSL donation.

http://troytrojans.com/documents/2010/9/...ab=parking

It has since changed. The next year I decided that since we had enjoyed going to all the games for the first time since we graduated, I'd get us some nicer, chairback reserved seats. One level below the Stadium Club, which is the highest level. But I would have to pay in additional for a parking pass. An insane amount. The year before my $100 pair of tix came with a pass, now my $500 tix came with no pass. And vehicles were no longer allowed on the Tailgate Terrace right by the stadium. But the year long RV reserved lot across the street let no normal cars in. So you have to displace all of those folks somewhere. But there's not enough parking, so I guess that is why you have to be a high roller to get a spot.

The RV lot was barely half full most games. You'd walk through there from whatever neighborhood and house you had parked in front of, and see a half empty lot, but they wouldn't sell single game spots or open it up to cars. All the same RV's every game.

Now we usually park way down in a neighborhood across from the entrance to the stadium. There are a few houses that will let you park in their yard for $5 or $10 a game. But you can usually drive on down and park for free.

And last year they renovated the Tailgate Terrace. Tore down a bunch of old bushes and shrubs, put in sidewalks, lights, etc. And I don't think they allow people to set up and tailgate there. No grills, tents, etc. I could be wrong.

They also have traffic issues on gamedays. Certain roads are blocked. And I have a wonderful story about the incompetent rent-a-cop campus police if anyone wants to PM me, I'd be glad to share it with you.

You can park at the National Guard Armory for $110 a year as long as you are a TClub or Alumni member in good standing.

I believe you have to purchase a spot on the tailgate terrace or it is for corporate sponsors. I could be wrong on that one though.

All schools have traffice issues getting in and out on gamedays. I get there early and leave late so it really doesn't effect me either way.
06-22-2011 03:59 PM
fauowls561 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: FAU
You make a good point. It's an issue everywhere. You can come up with the best traffic plan ever, but the reality is that there is no great way to get a few thousand cars at a time into and out of a place quickly when it is designed to handle a couple hundred cars at a time. There is going to be traffic and you just have to deal with it. It'll be a big deal at FAU because we've never experienced it before, but it'll work itself out.
06-22-2011 05:34 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

(06-22-2011 05:34 PM)fauowls561 Wrote:  You make a good point. It's an issue everywhere. You can come up with the best traffic plan ever, but the reality is that there is no great way to get a few thousand cars at a time into and out of a place quickly when it is designed to handle a couple hundred cars at a time. There is going to be traffic and you just have to deal with it. It'll be a big deal at FAU because we've never experienced it before, but it'll work itself out.

Bad Traffic= Large Crowds = Good Thing
06-22-2011 05:55 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
WKU:

As far as I know they are.

I think there is one designated lot but it doesn't cost anything. I think that RVs would not fit well in the lots closer to the stadium.

The parking structures next to the stadium are mostly for season ticket holders.

I believe four hours.
06-22-2011 08:52 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
(06-22-2011 08:52 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  4.) How early are folks allowed to setup before a game?

I believe four hours.

That puts a major cramp in tailgating. Some tailgaters will take a couple of hours just to set up.
They shouldn't put a time limit on it at all.
06-22-2011 09:44 PM
Advertisement

BMarkey Offline
1st String

In and around the Troy campus, one can park an RV pretty much wherever it will fit. There are a couple of private lots just across from the stadium (church, armory, etc.) which charge a nominal fee.

Troy has a very nice RV lot adjacent to the stadium, baseball stadium and Trojan Arena, which (at least until last season) offered water and cable TV hook-ups, and electricity. It is great, except for the fact that despite the lot never being close to full, the school does not sell any additional passes to use it. Passes are not available for individual games. Stupid.

I have seen Troy RVers set up a day or two in advance, especially when utilities and TV are provided.

Generators are fine. Tents are fine. Chairs, sofas, wide screen TVs, all fine.

Alcohol is fine, although it is recommended that beers and drinks be consumed from cups. (BTW, try drinking a beer out of a bottle on the University of Florida campus, or be caught - key word - with any alcohol on campus, and you will be arrested on the spot.)
06-23-2011 01:39 AM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(06-22-2011 09:44 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(06-22-2011 08:52 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  4.) How early are folks allowed to setup before a game?

I believe four hours.

That puts a major cramp in tailgating. Some tailgaters will take a couple of hours just to set up.
They shouldn't put a time limit on it at all.

I agree, its kind of silly. Its not like there is a rush on WKU parking on Saturday mornings.
06-23-2011 05:49 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

(06-23-2011 05:49 PM)Hilltopper2K Wrote:  I agree, its kind of silly. Its not like there is a rush on WKU parking on Saturday mornings.

I remember some tailgaters used to have Bloody Mary and Screwdriver breakfasts.
And, if you're going to BBQ.....it'll take most of the day.... if you do it right.
06-23-2011 06:06 PM
Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

Thanks for your help!

I was hoping some of the other stAte fans would answer, because they're probably more familiar with it than I am, since I live in another state. I'll attempt to answer, as most are quick to point out errors.

1. Yes....but most are fairly quiet. If you have the really loud ones, you wouldn't enjoy it any more than your neighbors.

2. RV's are parked in the free parking lots...which is fairly close to the stadium. (easy walking distance). There are some in the premium reserved parking, but I assume they purchased those parking spaces just for tailgating.

3. Our parking passes are tied to donations and premium ticket purchases.

4. No limit on time. From what I can tell....most of our 'tent city' is setup prior to Saturday morning.

Here's a brochure to some of the tailgate 'offerings'.
https://admin.xosn.com/fls/7200//Tail%20...M_ID=7200/
06-23-2011 06:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.