I Root For: Louisiana
More Mickey Mouse Sunbelt stuff...
05-17-2011 04:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: More Mickey Mouse Sunbelt stuff...
(05-17-2011 04:16 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  http://espn1420.com/from-the-birds-nest-...ournament/

Z

I agreed with point 1, only to be subjected to a bunch of whining in point 2 and especially point 3. He is angry over the use of ULL? He used 722 words to rail against the use of ULL? I hate to tell you, but a good portion of this world knows your institution as ULL. What does google say about ULL?

[Image: ULL-1.jpg]
05-17-2011 05:08 PM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
Ok, for the 100th time. We understand that the Legislature of the Great State of Louisiana has saddled us with the official name of University of Louisiana at Lafayette and as an institution, Martin Hall has learned to live with that because as a matter of academics it's still an improvement over a double directional name.

What we seek is athletic branding. We see it no differently than UC Berekeley branding itself athletically as CAL.

That it doesn't set well with the agendas of others comes with the territory.
05-17-2011 05:32 PM
Mean Green Matt Offline
2nd String

I Root For: North Texas
Louisiana-Lafayette......Complainers?

I do completely agree with points 1 and 2 though. Especially the one about the all-conference team. The name thing still makes me laugh though.
05-17-2011 05:34 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

I Root For: FIU
Let's show solidarity with our fellow member, the cajuns, in this fight by all dropping one letter from our abbreviated school names.

ASU should be SU
FAU becomes FU

and so on ...

Troy maybe a little difficult, but could go with TROY becomes TOY.
05-17-2011 06:24 PM
slappycajun Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UL
(05-17-2011 05:08 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  [quote='zeebart21' pid='6518300' dateline='1305666973']
ution as ULL. What does google say about ULL?

I may not care about the name as much as others. But if you Google, UNL and UNR, you get the websites for the University of Nebraska and the University of Nevada respectively. The same could probably be repeated with many large state universities.

Also, if you Google search UL, our homepage comes up. Same with the University of Louisiana.

Don't want to get into another name debate, just pointing out that the google thing does not make sense.
05-17-2011 06:45 PM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

Don't come into our home and tell what to call ourselves. Scott Farmer basically told him to *********** himself.

Whats he gonna do, kick us out of the league? BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Z
05-17-2011 06:54 PM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(05-17-2011 06:24 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  Let's show solidarity with our fellow member, the cajuns, in this fight by all dropping one letter from our abbreviated school names.

ASU should be SU
FAU becomes FU

and so on ...

Troy maybe a little difficult, but could go with TROY becomes TOY.

I like that. USA could become US.
You're either with US or against US.
05-17-2011 07:41 PM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(05-17-2011 05:08 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  
(05-17-2011 04:16 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  http://espn1420.com/from-the-birds-nest-...ournament/

Z

I agreed with point 1, only to be subjected to a bunch of whining in point 2 and especially point 3. He is angry over the use of ULL? He used 722 words to rail against the use of ULL? I hate to tell you, but a good portion of this world knows your institution as ULL. What does google say about ULL?

The larger point is Waters rank hypocrisy, much easier to to ignore it when you agree with it.
05-17-2011 07:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(05-17-2011 06:45 PM)slappycajun Wrote:  
(05-17-2011 05:08 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  [quote='zeebart21' pid='6518300' dateline='1305666973']
ution as ULL. What does google say about ULL?

I may not care about the name as much as others. But if you Google, UNL and UNR, you get the websites for the University of Nebraska and the University of Nevada respectively. The same could probably be repeated with many large state universities.

Also, if you Google search UL, our homepage comes up. Same with the University of Louisiana.

Don't want to get into another name debate, just pointing out that the google thing does not make sense.

Don't point the obvious to him because he doesn't get it!03-lmfao
05-17-2011 07:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(05-17-2011 06:54 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  Don't come into our home and tell what to call ourselves. Scott Farmer basically told him to *********** himself.

Z

Good article by BOP, it lays out the true mindset of the chickenhawks in Monroe. The worst crime of Dr. Authement wasn't the name change, but agreeing to vote for ULM's full membership for it. Give Louisiana Tech credit for understanding the mentality of Hoax supporters and seperating themselves in moving to the WAC.
05-17-2011 07:56 PM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

(05-17-2011 07:56 PM)CajunT Wrote:  
(05-17-2011 06:54 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  Don't come into our home and tell what to call ourselves. Scott Farmer basically told him to *********** himself.

Z

Good article by BOP, it lays out the true mindset of the chickenhawks in Monroe. The worst crime of Dr. Authement wasn't the name change, but agreeing to vote for ULM's full membership for it. Give Louisiana Tech credit for understanding the mentality of Hoax supporters and seperating themselves in moving to the WAC.

Been kind of silent on this T, but I would take Tech back in a heart beat....even at the expense of the low hanging fruit.

Z
05-17-2011 08:58 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
I dont get this. I think the University of California System example holds true here. I mean, compare the schools.

Louisiana-Lafayette
Established 1898
Type Public
President E. Joseph Savoie, Ed.D.
Academic staff 747
Students 16,361[1]
Undergraduates 15,564
Postgraduates 1,511
Location Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
Campus Urban
1,227 acres (4.97 km2)

Louisiana-Monroe
Established 1931
Type Public
President Nick Bruno
Undergraduates 7,519
Postgraduates 886
Campus Urban
Main Campus: 238 acres (0.96 km2)

Louisiana-Lafayette should be branded as Louisiana. Screw it, just put it on your jerseys accross your chest. See what happens after 4 or 5 years of wearing that brand
05-17-2011 09:32 PM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(05-17-2011 09:32 PM)panama Wrote:  I dont get this. I think the University of California System example holds true here. I mean, compare the schools.

Louisiana-Lafayette
Established 1898
Type Public
President E. Joseph Savoie, Ed.D.
Academic staff 747
Students 16,361[1]
Undergraduates 15,564
Postgraduates 1,511
Location Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
Campus Urban
1,227 acres (4.97 km2)

Louisiana-Monroe
Established 1931
Type Public
President Nick Bruno
Undergraduates 7,519
Postgraduates 886
Campus Urban
Main Campus: 238 acres (0.96 km2)

Louisiana-Lafayette should be branded as Louisiana. Screw it, just put it on your jerseys accross your chest. See what happens after 4 or 5 years of wearing that brand

We are doing it now panama, no one can tell us how to brand our athletics including the former disgruntled ULL employee Wright Waters.
05-17-2011 09:45 PM
CaliforniaCajun Offline
Bench Warmer

(05-17-2011 05:08 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  I agreed with point 1, only to be subjected to a bunch of whining in point 2 and especially point 3. He is angry over the use of ULL? He used 722 words to rail against the use of ULL? I hate to tell you, but a good portion of this world knows your institution as ULL. What does google say about ULL?

This is news reported to followers of Cajun athletics from the broadcast site of our athletic events. It was reported here because Cajun fans come here.

Why would someone outside this circle be motivated to count how many words are used to cover the subject unless he was obsessed with an opposing viewpoint?

Your post isn't going to change anything, so why don't you stop worrying about it?
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2011 10:11 PM by CaliforniaCajun.)
05-17-2011 10:10 PM
bluephi1914 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: ULM
I can't believe that we are actually discussing this matter. Even further, that blog just shows how pathetic ULL supporters are...and the bitchy responses of those cajun fans within this thread just continue to ratify the fact that ULL supporters are pathetic. I mean really, you guys are throwing a freakin' tantrum because people are not willing to call you by some made up moniker that you have attempted to adopt...using Cal and Texas as support for your desire to be called the University of Louisiana...that is just laughable, but I guess that is what you guys want to be known as these days, the laughable cajuns...first the chicken dance, then the recruiting double wides sponsored by Rednecks 'R Us, and now bitching and whining because the SBC continues to call you by your legal name. Geez, go to Wal-Mart and get you some freakin' tampons to plug up that hole.
05-17-2011 10:43 PM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

(05-17-2011 10:43 PM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  I can't believe that we are actually discussing this matter. Even further, that blog just shows how pathetic ULL supporters are...and the bitchy responses of those cajun fans within this thread just continue to ratify the fact that ULL supporters are pathetic. I mean really, you guys are throwing a freakin' tantrum because people are not willing to call you by some made up moniker that you have attempted to adopt...using Cal and Texas as support for your desire to be called the University of Louisiana...that is just laughable, but I guess that is what you guys want to be known as these days, the laughable cajuns...first the chicken dance, then the recruiting double wides sponsored by Rednecks 'R Us, and now bitching and whining because the SBC continues to call you by your legal name. Geez, go to Wal-Mart and get you some freakin' tampons to plug up that hole.

I'll respond to fans of schools that are relevant. ULM, aint....

Enjoy your days playing in Lake Charles and Beaumont. I hear Conway Arkansas is beautiful in the fall.

Z
05-17-2011 11:07 PM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(05-17-2011 10:43 PM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  I can't believe that we are actually discussing this matter. Even further, that blog just shows how pathetic ULL supporters are...and the bitchy responses of those cajun fans within this thread just continue to ratify the fact that ULL supporters are pathetic. I mean really, you guys are throwing a freakin' tantrum because people are not willing to call you by some made up moniker that you have attempted to adopt...using Cal and Texas as support for your desire to be called the University of Louisiana...that is just laughable, but I guess that is what you guys want to be known as these days, the laughable cajuns...first the chicken dance, then the recruiting double wides sponsored by Rednecks 'R Us, and now bitching and whining because the SBC continues to call you by your legal name. Geez, go to Wal-Mart and get you some freakin' tampons to plug up that hole.

I got your cry baby right here brother, pathetic? The only pathetic thing is your moral victories on the weekly phone calls to complain about our use of LOUISIANA!

Originally Posted by birdofprey00
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=346&f=3067&t=7489548&p=3

birdofprey00
[Scout Subscriber]
Warhawk Super Fan
Rating: 3.0/5 this site
1871 posts this site

Posted: Today 11:04 AM
RE: Sentinel rankings Post Rating (2 votes)

sot1977 wrote: It figures that Kansas would back out of its visit to Monroe in 2012 as their program becomes ripe for the beating. We seem to never get these teams when we're capable of winning.

The Jayhawks come in at #91.

LINK

And, BTW, the Sentinel has reverted the name of #106 to Louisiana-Lafayette. Just an observation, not an editorial comment.

You know why? I e-mailed the person who tweeted the La. Tech position in the rankings and implored him to change the Louisiana reference. Sent him the Wikipedia link on "University of Louisiana" as proof that there is no single University of Louisiana School.

Makes me happy that someone out there listened. I also emailed pti@espn.com (Pardon The Interruption) and gave them the same info to help keep them from referring to them as Louisiana.

Suck on THIS Cayenne Pepper UL!!!!!!!

Now that is PATHETIC! So enjoy your moral victories on the phone!03-lmfao
05-17-2011 11:18 PM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns

If I were you I'd worry less about what happens in Cajun country and more about what Uncle Bobby has in store for you after the successful merger of SUNO-UNO.

Here's a hint. You're the middle segment.
05-18-2011 12:27 AM
TrojanWarrior418 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: TROY
I know I've probably missed the boat on this arguement but what is the big deal with not letting ULL call itself "The University of Louisiana"? It's not like it's going to hurt anyone. Seriously what are the folks at LSU so worried about?
05-18-2011 05:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.