Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FAU looking for sponsors for rings.
Bookmark and Share
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
FAU looking for sponsors for rings.
Interesting way to see if they could help get the rings paid for.

I have no issue with it at all. Creative marketing is a good thing and if they even get 1/2 of them paid for it will be worth it.

[Image: 031511rings.jpg]
03-15-2011 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: FAU looking for sponsors for rings.
(03-15-2011 11:06 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  Interesting way to see if they could help get the rings paid for.

I have no issue with it at all. Creative marketing is a good thing and if they even get 1/2 of them paid for it will be worth it.

[Image: 031511rings.jpg]

First a couple of years ago your football team was wearing practice pants it bought second hand from Air Force.

Now this.

If you're going to be D-I. Act D-I.
03-15-2011 05:31 PM
Advertisement

RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
There aren't many rings handed out for basketball (compared to FB).

I see this as a way to make a connection with the program and the donors. The funds can be found somewhere else, I'd hope. I see this as a marketing opportunity gone wrong.

I think they could have dropped the language that made it sound like they couldn't afford the rings and simply offer the chance to donate and receive a ring w/ your favorite player's name on it, picture, and banquet invitation. Maybe the "sponsor" idea is a way to avoid NCAA extra benefit ramifications.
03-15-2011 07:39 PM
stebo Offline
2nd String

I Root For: North Texas
Can you imagine wearing that to work? Trying to explain it? Ay yay yay. Let's see - how to raise $375 bucks to pay for these rings (I am assuming they are $375 since $750 will pay for two of them). Some ideas I can think of: sell floor seats for next year's season for $375, offer to let a fan travel with the team for 2 games next year for $375, have a fan raffle for a seat in luxury box at the new football stadium for the inaugural season ($20 bucks a ticket should raise plenty of cash), etc.. Oh well, stuff happens.
03-15-2011 08:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.