Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A stAte problems?
Bookmark and Share
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
A stAte problems?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6207321

Sorry guys...ya'll had that same dingy compliance officer that got us in trouble with Orien Greene....hopefully she still isnt at your school, right?

Melanie Richardson strikes again!!!

Z
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 06:08 PM by zeebart21.)
03-11-2011 05:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexasWarhawkBrother Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM,FSU,UNC
RE: A stAte problems?
That's almost as bad as the 4 Auburn Football Players that were arrested and kicked off the team today for stealing property from a house 3 miles off campus and one of the 4 had a gun SMH what has the college athletic world came to ?????
03-11-2011 07:40 PM
AstroCajun Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
(03-11-2011 07:40 PM)TexasWarhawkBrother Wrote:  That's almost as bad as the 4 Auburn Football Players that were arrested and kicked off the team today for stealing property from a house 3 miles off campus and one of the 4 had a gun SMH what has the college athletic world came to ?????

Actually, Richardson is worse.

She got paid to mess up that badly

So exactly how many championships has this broad ruined?
03-11-2011 07:50 PM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

(03-11-2011 05:56 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6207321

Sorry guys...ya'll had that same dingy compliance officer that got us in trouble with Orien Greene....hopefully she still isnt at your school, right?

Z

Tried to warn some of the ASU folks about Richardson, and as I recall several were real smarta**** about it. I wonder what several of those smarta**** have to say today? BTW, David Walker warned the ASU AD about Richardson when he called for a reference and he hired her anyway. If I'm ASU fan, I would be calling for his head today because he knew about her errors at UL and still hired her.
03-11-2011 08:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TexasWarhawkBrother Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ULM,FSU,UNC
Good Point Astro
03-11-2011 08:26 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(03-11-2011 08:00 PM)CajunT Wrote:  
(03-11-2011 05:56 PM)zeebart21 Wrote:  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6207321

Z

Tried to warn some of the ASU folks about Richardson, and as I recall several were real smarta**** about it. I wonder what several of those smarta**** have to say today? BTW, David Walker warned the ASU AD about Richardson when he called for a reference and he hired her anyway. If I'm ASU fan, I would be calling for his head today because he knew about her errors at UL and still hired her.

T, tell me shes out of the business? what a dingbat!

Z
03-11-2011 08:58 PM
Advertisement

Adler Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
Wow, maybe too little too late, but with ASU's four forfeits from the 2005 football season, Louisiana becomes the undisputed 2005 Sun Belt Football Champion and gets to play Southern Miss in he New Orleans Bowl that has been moved to Lafayette because of Katrina.

Many people were affected by this compliance officer's incompetence. Just think how fortunes could have changed for the Cajuns......
03-11-2011 10:09 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

(03-11-2011 10:09 PM)Adler Wrote:  Wow, maybe too little too late, but with ASU's four forfeits from the 2005 football season, Louisiana becomes the undisputed 2005 Sun Belt Football Champion and gets to play Southern Miss in he New Orleans Bowl that has been moved to Lafayette because of Katrina.

Many people were affected by this compliance officer's incompetence. Just think how fortunes could have changed for the Cajuns......

Adler, isnt it great that even with compliance incompetence, living through the Authement years and other half assed goings on, UL is only about 5 minutes from being one of the top dogs in the league?? What a dynamic place to be!!!

have a great weekend!

Z
03-11-2011 10:13 PM
thetastygreek Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
How does this affect basketball recruiting?

Down to 11 scholarships now (at least until June, when one may get restored if the APR penalty gets lifted)... 3 players out (Thomas, Allison, Boone) from a 12 man roster, Griswold and Hayes already signed LOI's... With this penalty, there's not a current scholarship available for Hooten to sign in April, is there?
03-11-2011 10:17 PM
statefanatic Offline
Howl at the Moon

I Root For: stAte
(03-11-2011 10:17 PM)thetastygreek Wrote:  How does this affect basketball recruiting?

Down to 11 scholarships now (at least until June, when one may get restored if the APR penalty gets lifted)... 3 players out (Thomas, Allison, Boone) from a 12 man roster, Griswold and Hayes already signed LOI's... With this penalty, there's not a current scholarship available for Hooten to sign in April, is there?

Griswold signed a football Scholly. He doesn't count toward basketball. As of right now we have sign Zuppardo, Hays, and Harris to give us 11. Some have said a player might be leaving the team to open up room for Hooten.
03-11-2011 11:10 PM
westcoastwolf Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Arkansas State
We lost Daniel Bryant and his scholarship is going to Harris.

We already accounted for the scholarship reduction this season and Thomas, Boone, and Allison will be replaced with Hooten (hasn't signed yet), Hayes, and Zuppardo.

There is hope that Chano Rashiduddin will transfer to a 4-year school (our APR is perfect right now and so his transferring is not a huge stumbling block even if he doesn't graduate). That would allow us to open up a scholarship to another guard.

Considering we just offered another guard as reported by Rivals, I think it is safe to say Chano is out the door. There is even a rumor that Kinley Branch may leave due to lack of playing time, but the Chano option is more probable.
03-11-2011 11:46 PM
Advertisement

westcoastwolf Offline
Special Teams

2011-2012 Roster

24 Townsel, Edward G 6-0 170 So. Starkville, Miss. (Starkville)
30 Branch, Kinley F 6-6 205 RSo. Stone Mountain, Ga. (Stone Mountain HS)
2 Finn, Trey G 6-2 205 Jr. Little Rock, AR (Parkview HS)
15 Peterson, Brandon F 6-7 205 Jr. Birmingham, Ala. (Erwin HS)
10 Sterrenberg, Adam G 6-3 175 Jr. Cabot, Ark. (Cabot HS)
13 Adams, Martavius F 6-8 255 Sr. Irwinton, GA (Oklahoma State)
33 Kirkland, Malcoln F 6-8 230 Sr. Jackson, Miss. (Oklahoma State)
22 Rashiduddin, Chano F 6-9 260 Sr. Compton, Calif. (Indian Hils CC) (Genesis One)
Zuppardo, Johnny F 6-9 Fr. Bay St. Louis, MS.(Saint Stainslaus)
Hays, Davon G 6-4 Fr. Bay St. Louis, MS. (Saint Stainslaus)
Harris, Dennis F 6-11 Jr. Jonesboro, Ga (Mundy Mills HS )
Griswold, Darion F 6-7 Fr. Walk on from football

Variables:
Add Hooten.
Remove Chano if he leaves and substitute with another guard.
03-11-2011 11:48 PM
Tuffguy21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: UL Ragin Cajuns
Wow, Count me as one thinking they actually went a little easy on stAte in this case. 31 student athletes that were ineligible were able to play for 3 years, and they've only had to sacrifice 1 scholarship a peice from football and basketball and I read nothing about a post-season ban of any kind. Don't get me wrong, its cool that it worked out, but the NCAA really, REALLY could have hammered them A lot harder.
03-12-2011 12:25 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Actually the Louisiana schools are still tied for 2005.

She's no longer working in athletics, and I guarantee you I wasn't a smartarse about the hire because I had heard the warning elsewhere. Core problem dealt with using the correct math. When the person teaching the counselors teaches them the wrong way, you are hosed.

Our AD got an extension a few months ago because they didn't think it would be fair hiring a new AD before the new president and chancellor came on board and sticking them with a brand new person they had no input on.
03-12-2011 01:06 AM
westcoastwolf Offline
Special Teams

(03-12-2011 12:25 AM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  Wow, Count me as one thinking they actually went a little easy on stAte in this case. 31 student athletes that were ineligible were able to play for 3 years, and they've only had to sacrifice 1 scholarship a peice from football and basketball and I read nothing about a post-season ban of any kind. Don't get me wrong, its cool that it worked out, but the NCAA really, REALLY could have hammered them A lot harder.

31 athletes were procedurally ineligible, but 30 were substantively eligible.

From my knowledge of the facts, only ONE player would have been ineligible if the correct procedures were followed.
03-12-2011 01:09 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Correct. Only one would have been ineligible if the paperwork had been done correctly. Fairly stiff penalty for eligible kids who just had bad paperwork.
03-12-2011 01:36 AM
Advertisement

SOT1977 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM
(03-12-2011 01:06 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Actually the Louisiana schools are still tied for 2005.

She's no longer working in athletics, and I guarantee you I wasn't a smartarse about the hire because I had heard the warning elsewhere. Core problem dealt with using the correct math. When the person teaching the counselors teaches them the wrong way, you are hosed.

Our AD got an extension a few months ago because they didn't think it would be fair hiring a new AD before the new president and chancellor came on board and sticking them with a brand new person they had no input on.

Before the Cajun fans jump on you....

You're right, both of the Louisiana schools would still be co-champs of the SBC for 2005 but ULL would have gone to the New Orleans Bowl in their own stadium. As to whether it would have changed the fortunes of Cajun football, who knows? I can point to several different years where the bounce of a ball (or the block of an extra point kick!) could have changed ULM's fortunes but we'll not know that either.
03-12-2011 08:52 AM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(03-11-2011 10:09 PM)Adler Wrote:  Wow, maybe too little too late, but with ASU's four forfeits from the 2005 football season, Louisiana becomes the undisputed 2005 Sun Belt Football Champion and gets to play Southern Miss in he New Orleans Bowl that has been moved to Lafayette because of Katrina.

Wouldn't that have made it likely that Ricky Bustle would still be your coach?
03-12-2011 09:04 AM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
(03-12-2011 09:04 AM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  Wouldn't that have made it likely that Ricky Bustle would still be your coach?

No. Coaches either suck or they are awesome. There is no in between and there are never extenuating circumstances.
03-12-2011 09:38 AM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(03-12-2011 09:04 AM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  

Wouldn't that have made it likely that Ricky Bustle would still be your coach?

Considering we were the team but made that game, and we fired our coach, then no, I doubt it would have any impact on Bustles job status.
03-12-2011 09:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.