Guyasuta Genac Offline
2nd String

I Root For: PITT
Pitt Interviews VT's Bud Foster
Latest from the Post-Gazette:

Virginia Tech's Foster interviews for Pitt job
Friday, January 07, 2011
By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Virginia Tech defensive coordinator Bud Foster became the latest coach to join the Pitt coaching search party. Foster interviewed with Pitt officials today at an undisclosed location according to a source.

Pitt also interviewed Tulsa's Todd Graham for the second time this morning and the school has two interviews lined up for Sunday - former Pitt player Teryl Austin and Stanford assistant head coach Greg Roman.

I'm getting a little worried that Tom Bradley's name hasn't appeared in the press for a while (a half a day or so in this fluid situation), so it looks like I'm in the Pro-Bradley Alumni Faction.: )
01-07-2011 10:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

RUfan03 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers, MCC
RE: Pitt Interviews VT's Bud Foster
I think Bud Foster would be a good pick for Pitt.
01-07-2011 11:51 PM
Find all posts by this user
Guyasuta Genac Offline
2nd String

I Root For: PITT
I believe Pitt and VT play next year so it could add a lot of extra drama to the match up.
01-08-2011 01:22 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Foster would be a good hire. He deserved an interview long ago too. He's been with Frank Beamer forever, it seems like...
01-08-2011 09:45 AM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
This would be a good hire. The guy from Tulsa? Not buying the hype. When we were watching the Notre Dame game I told my friend that the squeaker of a win versus a really average ND team with a dreadful defense was going to cause some poor BCS team to jump the gun way too early and hire this guy.

Amazing that Pitt might actually end up with a good hire in Foster and it would have been about their 6th or 7th choice.
01-08-2011 12:34 PM
Advertisement

SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI
I prefer Bradley over Foster but that's just me. I do think Foster would also do a good job.

Again, no Graham.
01-08-2011 12:46 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
I think Foster was a candidate for the Memphis job; not sure what happened with that. He may not interview very well. And before you guys get smart with this I am pretty sure he wanted the job.
01-08-2011 12:51 PM
Advertisement

USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
it would be a solid hire, i'd still prefer bradley though, good coach and would probably recruit at wannestadt's level if not better.
01-08-2011 01:54 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
I don't want you to hire him, but Danny Rocco would be a great coach at Pitt. He's a winner, big offensive mind, already coaches in the area, and he's from PA.
01-08-2011 02:00 PM
Tallgrass Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-08-2011 12:34 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  This would be a good hire. The guy from Tulsa? Not buying the hype. When we were watching the Notre Dame game I told my friend that the squeaker of a win versus a really average ND team with a dreadful defense was going to cause some poor BCS team to jump the gun way too early and hire this guy.

Amazing that Pitt might actually end up with a good hire in Foster and it would have been about their 6th or 7th choice.

My name is Tallgrass and I approved this message.
01-08-2011 05:41 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.