Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Little Ceasars Pizza Bowl
Bookmark and Share
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
Little Ceasars Pizza Bowl
Coach Cristobal's weekly press conference. FIU is scheduled to fly into Detroit on Thursday. Good Luck Panthers! Go F I U!

12-21-2010 07:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BMarkey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy
RE: Little Ceasars Pizza Bowl
Beat 'em good.
12-21-2010 09:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
If you don't win, you have to wear a skirt on the plane ride back.
12-21-2010 09:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
(12-21-2010 09:47 PM)BlueRaiderFan. Wrote:  If you don't win, you have to wear a skirt on the plane ride back.

he's not kidding. i hear they itch.
12-21-2010 09:50 PM
ManzanoWolf Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
Good video and good luck to FIU. You guys smoked Troy earlier in the year so I know you are very capable of thrashing Toledo.

Beat Toledo and make the SBC proud.

Go FIU . . . Go SBC !!! 04-cheers
12-21-2010 10:03 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

if you guys can beat Toldeo we will secure bragging rights over the MAC until next year. that would be very nice after reading some very cocky MAC posters so far this post-season.
12-21-2010 10:42 PM
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
TY should be all over this. Toledo isn't that good.
12-21-2010 10:54 PM
Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

(12-21-2010 10:54 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  TY should be all over this. Toledo isn't that good.

that's not what the Toledo fans say. 03-lmfao
12-21-2010 11:00 PM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
I'll be watching! GO FIU and GO SBC!!!! 04-cheers
12-21-2010 11:10 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

Should be an interesting matchup: FIU is 28th in rush offense and Toledo is 28th in rush defense.

Toledo is also 93rd in pass defense. FIU will pass at will with TY and open up running lanes. On the other side, Toledo isn't very good throwing the ball, and FIU is pretty good stopping the pass. I wouldn't expect Toledo to be able to throw on FIU.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 02:08 AM by TroyFootball05.)
12-22-2010 01:59 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(12-22-2010 01:59 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Should be an interesting matchup: FIU is 28th in rush offense and Toledo is 28th in rush defense.

Toledo is also 93rd in pass defense. FIU will pass at will with TY and open up running lanes. On the other side, Toledo isn't very good throwing the ball, and FIU is pretty good stopping the pass. I wouldn't expect Toledo to be able to throw on FIU.

Pass Efficiency Defense is a better statistical indicator of your Pass Defense than Total Yardage(Pass Defense). Toledo is #48 in Pass Efficiency Defense and #5 in Passes Intercepted.
Toledo's starting QB Austin Dantin went down after 8 games with a shoulder injury. Fr RS QB Terrence Owens has come in for 4 games
and gone 68 completions for 110 attempts, passed for 949 yds, 11 TDs/ 2 Ints. That's a NCAA Passing Efficiency rating of 167.0872. If he had enough games to qualify he'd be ranked the nation's #5 passing efficiency QB behind Cam Newton, Kellen Moore,Ryan Mallett, and Scott Tolzien.
12-22-2010 08:38 AM
Advertisement

FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

Quote:DETROIT -- The memory still lurks in T.Y. Hilton's mind, but it doesn't sting as much anymore. His FIU football team had just lost the last game of the 2009 season 28-21 to area rival Florida Atlantic.

Hilton, like many of his teammates, was upset and angry, knowing the team was better than its 3-9 record.
He turned to his coach, Mario Cristobal, as they were running off the field.

``He looked at me, with this stare, and said, `Coach, this will never happen again,' '' Cristobal said. ``Next year, we are winning the championship.''

Hilton kept his promise. FIU finished 6-2 in the Sun Belt Conference (6-6 overall), good for a share of the 2010 conference title with Troy. And the successful season has led the Golden Panthers to their first bowl game. FIU faces Toledo (8-4) in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in Detroit on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/22/19...z18q4HHNZo
12-22-2010 09:26 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
This is hard.....

GO PANTHERS.
12-22-2010 09:47 AM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
LOL.. I've gone through that process 2 times already, owlfamily. Thanks for the wishes to all.....

Go Panthers!!
12-22-2010 10:36 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
15.....10.....5..... ERIC PAGE.....99 yards TOUCHDOWN RRRRRROOOOCKETS!!!!!!
12-22-2010 01:02 PM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

(12-22-2010 08:38 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(12-22-2010 01:59 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Should be an interesting matchup: FIU is 28th in rush offense and Toledo is 28th in rush defense.

Pass Efficiency Defense is a better statistical indicator of your Pass Defense than Total Yardage(Pass Defense). Toledo is #48 in Pass Efficiency Defense and #5 in Passes Intercepted.
Toledo's starting QB Austin Dantin went down after 8 games with a shoulder injury. Fr RS QB Terrence Owens has come in for 4 games
and gone 68 completions for 110 attempts, passed for 949 yds, 11 TDs/ 2 Ints. That's a NCAA Passing Efficiency rating of 167.0872. If he had enough games to qualify he'd be ranked the nation's #5 passing efficiency QB behind Cam Newton, Kellen Moore,Ryan Mallett, and Scott Tolzien.

Either way, there's no way you can tell me Toledo is that good. It's easy to get bowl eligible when you beat up on 4 or 5 1-11 and 3-9 MAC Teams. You also got blown out by anyone with a pulse. FIU actually hung with their OOC games. FIU was only down 16-10 at Pitt in the 4th before losing. Toledo really isn't that good. Cam Newton, Kellen Moore, Ryan Mallett did real work and didn't pad their stats against 4 or 5 teams that couldn't get 4 wins that played in the MAC. They played SEC teams. Kellen Moore plays in the WAC, but unlike Toledo, he could put up those numbers anywhere. Anyone can look at your schedule and see that you have nothing to brag about. You beat the 2-10 teams and got blown out by the teams that actually play football. Ohio and Western Michigan are the only wins of any note. Ohio just got destroy by Troy 38-7 at the half. FIU lead Troy 31-7 at one point in on the road to win 52-35. Western Michigan is a solid win over a 6-6 teams, but nothing to write home about. Those two wins at the beggining of the season have long since been forgotten.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team...do-rockets
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 03:43 PM by TroyFootball05.)
12-22-2010 03:03 PM
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

(12-22-2010 08:38 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Fr RS QB Terrence Owens has come in for 4 games

You can't outsmart me by not thinking things through. It's a reoccurring theme around here that people either don't do their homework, or they try to make something look a lot better than it is.

You played three MAC teams that went 2-10 and 3-9 for a combined 7-30 and an NIU team that went 10-3 for 17-33. But it's important to note that 3 of the 4 games you're bragging about were against three 2-10 and 3-9 MAC teams. The NIU game doesn't make up for the three teams your RF QB padded his stats on. Here are the games you hang your hat on about your QB being right up there with Cam Newton and Ryan Mallet:

Owens QB ratings Last Four Games:
Eastern Michigan (2-10): 285.71
Northern Illinois (10-3): 100.59
Bowling Green (2-10): 158.00
Central Michigan (3-9): 185.74

Going back and rechecking my research, CMU is actually 3-9, not 2-10. But it makes no difference. When it matters Toledo plays like crap. You can't tell me Owens even remotely belongs with Cam Newton and Ryan Mallet when he's only done well against terrible MAC teams. The game against Eastern Michigan where Owens racked up 285.71 was against a squad that ranks second to last (119th) in PED, and skewed his stats tremendously. Bowling Green is 91st in PED, and CMU is 64th. Not great PED teams. NIU was 33rd, but Owens struggled there. FIU is 45th, close to NIU's and way better than the three garbage MAC teams Toledo played.

Toledo also lost to a 3-9 Wyoming team, and were blown out by the two really good teams on their schedule, as well as NIU. Toledo can't say if they had their RF QB they would have faired better because his stats are made by playing terrible teams. In the last 6 games, the schedule got progressively easier, giving Toledo a false sense of security going into the FIU game. FIU isn't a 3-9 team that you scraped by in the season finale, it's one of the better 6-6 teams out there. Better be ready.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2010 03:34 PM by TroyFootball05.)
12-22-2010 03:26 PM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

This should be a great game, I hope we come out on top but as of right now we are just enjoying our first Bowl Game, the extra 15 practices, increased in exposure and even better recruiting. The win would top it off as our first winning season! Go F I U!
12-22-2010 03:40 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-22-2010 03:40 PM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  This should be a great game, I hope we come out on top but as of right now we are just enjoying our first Bowl Game, the extra 15 practices, increased in exposure and even better recruiting. The win would top it off as our first winning season! Go F I U!

That's exactly what I'm thinking. It's a great moment in FIU's history, and I expect our team to come out strong and play some good football.

Go FIU!!
12-22-2010 06:54 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(12-22-2010 03:26 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(12-22-2010 08:38 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  Fr RS QB Terrence Owens has come in for 4 games

You can't outsmart me by not thinking things through. It's a reoccurring theme around here that people either don't do their homework, or they try to make something look a lot better than it is.

You played three MAC teams that went 2-10 and 3-9 for a combined 7-30 and an NIU team that went 10-3 for 17-33. But it's important to note that 3 of the 4 games you're bragging about were against three 2-10 and 3-9 MAC teams. The NIU game doesn't make up for the three teams your RF QB padded his stats on. Here are the games you hang your hat on about your QB being right up there with Cam Newton and Ryan Mallet:

Owens QB ratings Last Four Games:
Eastern Michigan (2-10): 285.71
Northern Illinois (10-3): 100.59
Bowling Green (2-10): 158.00
Central Michigan (3-9): 185.74

Going back and rechecking my research, CMU is actually 3-9, not 2-10. But it makes no difference. When it matters Toledo plays like crap. You can't tell me Owens even remotely belongs with Cam Newton and Ryan Mallet when he's only done well against terrible MAC teams. The game against Eastern Michigan where Owens racked up 285.71 was against a squad that ranks second to last (119th) in PED, and skewed his stats tremendously. Bowling Green is 91st in PED, and CMU is 64th. Not great PED teams. NIU was 33rd, but Owens struggled there. FIU is 45th, close to NIU's and way better than the three garbage MAC teams Toledo played.

Toledo also lost to a 3-9 Wyoming team, and were blown out by the two really good teams on their schedule, as well as NIU. Toledo can't say if they had their RF QB they would have faired better because his stats are made by playing terrible teams. In the last 6 games, the schedule got progressively easier, giving Toledo a false sense of security going into the FIU game. FIU isn't a 3-9 team that you scraped by in the season finale, it's one of the better 6-6 teams out there. Better be ready.

Scott Satterfield FIU's OC said Owens was going to be one of the nation's best QB's. NIU was Owen's first start.
12-22-2010 11:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.