Far left smear story backfires
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
Far left smear story backfires
When a little truth gets mixed in

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/201...g-whitman/

Quote:The democratic-media complex today, led by ABC News and the LA Times, smeared Republican Gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman with a disgusting and dishonest sob story.

I really want Mach back to comment on how he believes Dems have the best interests of people at heart.
09-30-2010 02:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
RE: Far left smear story backfires
But there isn't any liberal bias in the media.
09-30-2010 02:52 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
I thought the left wanted illegals to have jobs.
09-30-2010 03:02 PM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice Owls
The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonators
It's not over yet. The housekeeper, led by her intrepid adviser Gloria Allred (go figure!) now claims that Whitman got letters from Social Security regarding a discrepancy over the name they had attached to the SS# (housekeeper's sister, we now know) and the name Whitman was submitting on 1099. Their point: Whitman knew all the time (or had reason to suspect) but chose not to do anything and variously abused said housekeeper before cutting her loose like she was "garbage." Semi-germane factoid: The housekeeper's "abusive" wage: $23/hr.

Not clear if this is going to have any traction in the election. Allred is a known supporter of Brown though.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2010 04:16 PM by Brookes Owl.)
09-30-2010 04:15 PM
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(09-30-2010 04:15 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  Their point: Whitman knew all the time (or had reason to suspect) but chose not to do anything and variously abused said housekeeper before cutting her loose like she was "garbage."

She came to the US so she's entitled to citizenship and a job.
09-30-2010 04:30 PM
Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

Gloria Allred said she's the "Rosa Parks of the Latino Community."
09-30-2010 04:40 PM
TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(09-30-2010 04:40 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  Gloria Allred said she's the "Rosa Parks of the Latino Community."

Gloria or the housekeeper?

What a hoot!
09-30-2010 04:52 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Ms. Diaz belongs in jail.
09-30-2010 04:56 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(09-30-2010 04:56 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Ms. Diaz belongs in jail.

Send her back to Mexico if her work conditions here were so turrible!
09-30-2010 05:36 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

There is nothing about this story that isn't hilarious. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
09-30-2010 05:52 PM
Advertisement

Brookes Owl Offline
Heisman

(09-30-2010 05:52 PM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  There is nothing about this story that isn't hilarious. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Yep. Unfortunately it's got potential to put Jerry Brown back in the governor's office. That will be funny for the rest of y'all, really unfunny for us.

We've got dueling press conferences. The latest:

- Husband scribbled a note on one of the SS letters, asking the housekeeper to look into the discrepancy. Allred's got a copy and it's her smoking gun that proves Whitman knew.

- Husband counters by saying he "might" have written the note and also points out that SS letter clearly states "this letter makes no statement about your employee's immigration status."

If you're keeping score at home, it looks to me like Whitman 3 Allred/Housekeeper 0 but I haven't seen any opinion polls on how this is playing with likely voters. Immigration is obviously a big deal here and Whitman's got some frustration on both sides of the aisle with her approach (favors a temporary worker program). Her image here is at risk.
09-30-2010 06:39 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

(09-30-2010 06:39 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  
(09-30-2010 05:52 PM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  There is nothing about this story that isn't hilarious. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Yep. Unfortunately it's got potential to put Jerry Brown back in the governor's office. That will be funny for the rest of y'all, really unfunny for us.

- Husband scribbled a note on one of the SS letters, asking the housekeeper to look into the discrepancy. Allred's got a copy and it's her smoking gun that proves Whitman knew.

- Husband counters by saying he "might" have written the note and also points out that SS letter clearly states "this letter makes no statement about your employee's immigration status."

If you're keeping score at home, it looks to me like Whitman 3 Allred/Housekeeper 0 but I haven't seen any opinion polls on how this is playing with likely voters. Immigration is obviously a big deal here and Whitman's got some frustration on both sides of the aisle with her approach (favors a temporary worker program). Her image here is at risk.

Thanks for the update.

This sounds like to me that the Whitman's did as they should have. Allred is a b*tch and a media whore. She loves this stuff.

Hopefully California voters are smart enough not to buy this.
09-30-2010 08:14 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(09-30-2010 08:14 PM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  
(09-30-2010 06:39 PM)Brookes Owl Wrote:  

Thanks for the update.

This sounds like to me that the Whitman's did as they should have. Allred is a b*tch and a media whore. She loves this stuff.

Hopefully California voters are smart enough not to buy this.

Allred lost her ass on "Octomom" when the invitro idiot refused to perform any of her obligations under the media deals that Allred 'obtained' for her without her authorization.
09-30-2010 10:05 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

(09-30-2010 10:05 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  Allred lost her ass on "Octomom" when the invitro idiot refused to perform any of her obligations under the media deals that Allred 'obtained' for her without her authorization.

Wonder how that poor sap maid feels now that Allred has exposed her for committing federal crimes. Social Security fraud and Illegal immigration.

Fortunately for her the Obama justice department doesn't believe in prosecuting you unless you're white. So she has that going for her.
10-01-2010 07:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.