Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

McDonalds May Drop Medical Coverage for Lower Wage Employees
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
McDonalds May Drop Medical Coverage for Lower Wage Employees
McDonalds May drop coverage

Quote:The move is one of the clearest indications that new rules may disrupt workers' health plans as the law ripples through the real world.

You know it's a shame no one predicted this. If only more informed people had said that employers would drop coverage due to the law, thus increasing the number of those on the government plan, resulting in higher costs.

Oh...wait.
09-30-2010 08:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
RE: McDonalds May Drop Medical Coverage for Lower Wage Employees
(09-30-2010 08:26 AM)Ninerfan1 Wrote:  McDonalds May drop coverage

Quote:The move is one of the clearest indications that new rules may disrupt workers' health plans as the law ripples through the real world.

You know it's a shame no one predicted this. If only more informed people had said that employers would drop coverage due to the law, thus increasing the number of those on the government plan, resulting in higher costs.

Oh...wait.

You need a Republican House to tell Obama to shove it when he proposes a single payer plan to, as he says in that nasilly, elitist voice of his to "cover all those people who have been screwed by their greedy corporate employers that refuse to provide health insurance."
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2010 08:35 AM by WoodlandsOwl.)
09-30-2010 08:30 AM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

I Root For: WMU
Another recent, and predicted, fallout was the provision the restricts insurers from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions went into effect this week. So the major insurance companies are avoiding the expected influx of parents buying insurance for their kids after the fact by no longer offering child-only plans at all.

Typical liberal legislation. Full of good intentions but devoid of logic.
09-30-2010 08:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(09-30-2010 08:31 AM)moe24 Wrote:  Another recent, and predicted, fallout was the provision the restricts insurers from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions went into effect this week. So the major insurance companies are avoiding the expected influx of parents buying insurance for their kids after the fact by no longer offering child-only plans at all.

Re-read WMD Owl's post. The logic is there and Obama was never subtle about saying that this was a path to a single-payer system.
09-30-2010 09:13 AM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

(09-30-2010 09:13 AM)I45owl Wrote:  
(09-30-2010 08:31 AM)moe24 Wrote:  Another recent, and predicted, fallout was the provision the restricts insurers from denying coverage to children with pre-existing conditions went into effect this week. So the major insurance companies are avoiding the expected influx of parents buying insurance for their kids after the fact by no longer offering child-only plans at all.

Re-read WMD Owl's post. The logic is there and Obama was never subtle about saying that this was a path to a single-payer system.

He makes a good point. And I don't doubt Obama was hoping for this right from the start.

That said most liberals think Obamacare is great legislation that is bound to be a huge success, and they'll fall for Obama's lies hook, line and sinker.

Plus I was writing my post before Owl's was there.
09-30-2010 10:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(09-30-2010 10:03 AM)moe24 Wrote:  
(09-30-2010 09:13 AM)I45owl Wrote:  

He makes a good point. And I don't doubt Obama was hoping for this right from the start.

That said most liberals Believe Obamacare is great legislation that is bound to be a huge success, and they'll fall for Obama's lies hook, line and sinker.

Plus I was writing my post before Owl's was there.

fify

Most liberals did not think on this one. The only ones who did 'think' don't like this plan because it does not go far enough (though they are pacified by the knowledge that this is only a 'step' towards Government run healthcare.

Anyone who objectively looked at this rats nest of crap ideas, failed policies, and bureaucratic maze building saw what would happen.

They could have fixed the major issues without dipping the gvt toe in heath care at all..
  • Can't drop for preexisting cond
  • cant drop a dependent child until 25
  • Must offer a catastrophic only plan

Not saying I agree with these three things but They could have been done without a 'government option'. And really would have not had a huge impact on premiums or employer coverage.
09-30-2010 10:30 AM
Advertisement

Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Well, there are free clinics, so liberals can use those.
09-30-2010 10:46 AM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

(09-30-2010 10:30 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  fify

Most liberals did not think on this one. The only ones who did 'think' don't like this plan because it does not go far enough (though they are pacified by the knowledge that this is only a 'step' towards Government run healthcare.

You're right that most liberals did not think on this one (kinda my original point). As for the ones who think it didn't go far enough, that's mostly the pundits... the average person, who happens to be a liberal, thinks Obamacare is a rousing success of a centrist government (at least the liberals I know personally think this).
09-30-2010 10:48 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
The liberal way...villify and destroy to get what you want. I got to hand it to the dims, they new their electorate was too stupid to figure it out.
09-30-2010 10:54 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
Ah, the law of unintended consequences.

Democrats pass sweeping health insurance reform, numbers of un-insured rise. Women, children and minorities hardest hit.
09-30-2010 11:04 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(09-30-2010 10:03 AM)moe24 Wrote:  Plus I was writing my post before Owl's was there.

Fair enough. I didn't mean to imply that you hadn't read or understood it as much as I wanted to point out that there was logic, intent, and understanding that the flaws of Obama's plan would lead to a directed consequence of single-payer/single-provider and that Obama was being dishonest all the way through. WMDOwl didn't explicitly say that, but was just anticipating the next step.
09-30-2010 11:43 AM
Advertisement

Theodoresdaddy Offline
All American

I Root For: WVU; Marshall
you all know that this story is false

"Media reports stating that we plan to drop health care coverage for our employees are completely false," said Steve Russell, a senior vice president and head of human resources for McDonald's, in a written response to the article. "These reports are purely speculative and misleading."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/HealthCar...d=11764596
09-30-2010 11:09 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
Anyone remember this idiot?

10-01-2010 05:58 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Oh irony, always a good friend..

Quote:The liberal way...villify and destroy to get what you want. I got to hand it to the dims, they new their electorate was too stupid to figure it out.

You mean like vilifying Health Care Reform and suggesting it's going to lead McDonald's to get rid of health care for it's employees, when that's clearly not the case?

Quote:McDonald's and the Obama administration took issue with the accuracy of a published report on the dispute Thursday, saying the restaurant chain has no plans to drop health coverage for employees.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/c...1448.story

Geez, uninformed, overreactions like this, next you'll have some idiot blaming Muslims for a bombing attempt in Wrigleyville. Oh.. wait. You're right, the fringe right would never use scare tactics without any facts to get it's point across.
10-01-2010 09:53 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(10-01-2010 09:53 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Oh irony, always a good friend..

Quote:The liberal way...villify and destroy to get what you want. I got to hand it to the dims, they new their electorate was too stupid to figure it out.

You mean like vilifying Health Care Reform and suggesting it's going to lead McDonald's to get rid of health care for it's employees, when that's clearly not the case?

Quote:McDonald's and the Obama administration took issue with the accuracy of a published report on the dispute Thursday, saying the restaurant chain has no plans to drop health coverage for employees.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/c...1448.story

Geez, uninformed, overreactions like this, next you'll have some idiot blaming Muslims for a bombing attempt in Wrigleyville. Oh.. wait. You're right, the fringe right would never use scare tactics without any facts to get it's point across.

overreaction? you act like this is so far out of the realm of possibility. This will happen. just because it hasn't yet, doesn't mean it won't.
10-01-2010 12:29 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

(10-01-2010 09:53 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  You mean like vilifying Health Care Reform and suggesting it's going to lead McDonald's to get rid of health care for it's employees, when that's clearly not the case?

The blinders your wear are sad.

Many of us stated Obamacare would add to the deficit, that is a fact the adiministration has already admitted to after lying about it to get it passed.

We said people's premiums would go up, not down under Obamacare, that is a fact that has already been proven.

We said employers would have to drop coverage. That has happened. McDonalds still needs the waiver. It stated in the article you posted it will have to go to another type of insurance unless it gets a waiver. Again, negative impact as a result of the law.

Obamacare is a disaster in every way, shape and form, yet because of your devotion to your messiah you can't even admit to it.

Irony indeed.
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2010 01:48 PM by Ninerfan1.)
10-01-2010 01:32 PM
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
(09-30-2010 11:09 PM)Theodoresdaddy Wrote:  you all know that this story is false

"Media reports stating that we plan to drop health care coverage for our employees are completely false," said Steve Russell, a senior vice president and head of human resources for McDonald's, in a written response to the article. "These reports are purely speculative and misleading."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/HealthCar...d=11764596

He said reports that we plan to drop coverage are false. OK. Maybe he could address the topic at hand. McDonald's MAY drop coverage.
10-01-2010 08:01 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
May drop coverage? Anyone may do anything, but all reports that come directly from McDonald's say they aren't dropping medical coverage, they may change it, that's all.

If you're just going to use bull**** logic like that, I can say you MAY be a terrorist. There's no difference, both of us are making assumptions that are clearly not true.
10-03-2010 12:37 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

(10-03-2010 12:37 PM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  May drop coverage? Anyone may do anything, but all reports that come directly from McDonald's say they aren't dropping medical coverage, they may change it, that's all.

Kind of flies in the face of "if you like your coverage, you can keep it" don't ya think.

"may change it, that's all." Interesting statement. Let's examine it.

So McDonalds is saying they will have to drop the Mini-med plans they offer their employees today because they can't afford to keep them without a waiver. So to say it may change "that's all" seems to give the impression you believe their employees won't be adversely impacted by the change.

So using some basic logic, what seems more likely to you? 1) that they will change to a plan that, at minimum, is equal in coverage to what their employees receive today, at the same price to their employees. Or 2) that they change to plan that either has less coverage, costs their employees more, or both?
10-03-2010 01:15 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
How about a different approach.

What if we gave everybody a mini-med plan funded out of social security, then allow people (or their employers) to supplement as desired? That's pretty close to what France does, and they do a better job than we do of providing quality at a lower price.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2010 01:24 PM by Owl 69/70/75.)
10-03-2010 01:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.