Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bailed Out Chrysler Autoworkers Caught on Camera Drinking Beer, Smoking Pot During Lunch Break
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Bailed Out Chrysler Autoworkers Caught on Camera Drinking Beer, Smoking Pot During Lunch Break
Chrysler Autoworkers Caught on Camera Drinking Beer, Smoking Pot During Break

Published September 23, 2010 | FoxNews.com

While taxpayers are footing the bill to keep America's auto industry off life support, an undercover investigation shows illegal activities by Chrysler employees who have enjoyed nearly $15 billion in government money.

Dozens of autoworkers in Detroit were caught on camera drinking beer and smoking marijuana before heading to work at the Chrysler plant that President Obama praised in a speech just two months ago.

An exclusive investigation by MyFoxDetroit showed workers at Chrysler's Jefferson North Assembly Plant in Detroit, Mich., drinking beer and smoking joints while on a half-hour lunch break at a nearby park.

The investigation -- conducted over several weeks and based on tips from workers at the plant -- outraged the auto giant's top executives who reportedly called the behavior "totally unacceptable."

Obama spoke July 30 at the plant, where he lauded the American worker, saying, "It's workers like you that built this country into the greatest economic power the world has ever known."

"I want all of you to know, I will bet on the American worker any day of the week." he told the crowd.

"I wish they could see what I'm seeing in this plant and talk to the workers who are here, taking pride in building a world-class vehicle," Obama said, referring to opponents of the multibillion-dollar government auto bailout. "I don't think they'd be willing to look you in the eye and say that you were a bad investment."

Chrysler took $14.3 billion in government bailout money, which includes pre-bankruptcy loans. The company has repaid $3.7 billion.

The plant -- taking up more than 3 million square feet of factory -- employs 2,833 union auto workers. The station's report did not say how many workers were involved in the incident.

Scott Garberding, senior vice president of manufacturing, told MyFoxDetroit that he was "very disturbed" by what he saw in the video.

"I want to make it clear that we at Chrysler take this very seriously," he said in an interview with the station. "For us, this behavior is totally unacceptable and will be dealt with swiftly."

FoxNews.com Report
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2010 06:00 AM by SumOfAllFears.)
09-24-2010 05:58 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

I Root For: WMU
RE: Bailed Out Chrysler Autoworkers Caught on Camera Drinking Beer, Smoking Pot During Lunch Break
(09-24-2010 05:58 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  "I want all of you to know, I will bet on the American worker any day of the week." he told the crowd.

I will too Mr. President. Well, at least the ones not corrupted by the union culture of greed and laziness.
09-24-2010 06:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
RE: Bailed Out Chrysler Autoworkers Caught on Camera Drinking Beer, Smoking Pot During Lunch Break
(09-24-2010 05:58 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  "I want to make it clear that we at Chrysler take this very seriously," he said in an interview with the station. "For us, this behavior is totally unacceptable and will be dealt with swiftly."

"As soon as I take a quick hit, man. This **** is stressing me out... "
09-24-2010 07:37 AM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

In a nutshell...

Ex-Mayor Coleman Young + the UAW = Current state of Detroit. It's the left wing/labor union utopia that local boy Michael Moore dreams of.

It probably kills their union comrades that not only were these guys caught, but caught by 'Faux' News.

Moe, gotta love all the Walmart Wolverine representation in that crowd... 03-lol
09-24-2010 08:21 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
I'll bet you a dollar that each of these Chrysler worker remains employed. Why, because of this:

Quote:because arbitrators are rewarded with more cases if they split the difference between union and management -- that is, they favor corrective action over discipline or termination.

Not to derail, but in related news:

http://www.startribune.com/opinion/edito...3LGDiO7aiU

Quote:the footage of St. Paul city road workers loafing instead of filling potholes still rankles. With thousands of Minnesotans unemployed, some Public Works employees earning an average of $23 an hour were caught by KSTP-TV cameras spending as much time on coffee breaks as they did fixing roads.

Quote:Only one clerk from the now-defunct Metro Gang Strike Force has been fired, for example. (MGSF stole drugs, money and personal property from drug suspects) And because arbitration makes it difficult to terminate public employees, Anoka-Hennepin school district officials decided against firing two teachers after a state agency found they had harassed a student.
09-24-2010 08:51 AM
Advertisement

cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
This is why we need more illegals. Cheap, and hard working. 05-stirthepot
09-24-2010 09:10 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Quote:the footage of St. Paul city road workers loafing instead of filling potholes still rankles. With thousands of Minnesotans unemployed, some Public Works employees earning an average of $23 an hour were caught by KSTP-TV cameras spending as much time on coffee breaks as they did fixing roads.

Heh. Reminds me of this movie clip (watch 0:38-1:10).
09-24-2010 09:12 AM
Advertisement

blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(09-24-2010 08:21 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  In a nutshell...

Ex-Mayor Coleman Young + the UAW = Current state of Detroit. It's the left wing/labor union utopia that local boy Michael Moore dreams of.

It probably kills their union comrades that not only were these guys caught, but caught by 'Faux' News.

Moe, gotta love all the Walmart Wolverine representation in that crowd... 03-lol

What? No love for Kwame Kilpatrick?
09-24-2010 09:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
For every person I hire, another 3 fail their drug test. We are quickly becoming an idiot nation. I agree that drugs should be legal, but to knowingly go take a drug test for a job after smoking pot is just plain dumb. There is no other way to say it.
09-26-2010 12:49 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Let the Chrysler workers smoke weed and get drunk. I don't give a damn.

Who buys a Chrysler vehicle anyway? (Besides the Post Office and Federal Government?).

I refuse to even rent Chrysler vehicles from the major car rental chains. Give me something else besides that POS.
09-26-2010 05:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.