Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlie Crist went to Disney World on a Florida GOP Credit Card...
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

I Root For: Rice Owls
New Orleans Bowl
Charlie Crist went to Disney World on a Florida GOP Credit Card...
01-wingedeagle

When the families of Charlie Crist and Jim Greer spent four days vacationing together at Disney World last year, donors to the Florida Republican party picked up the $13,400 tab.

When the son of former state GOP chairman Greer was baptized, Charlie and Carole Crist were on hand, toasting Aidan with champagne. Republican party donors paid $5,600 in photography expenses.

And when the governor headed to a U.S. Senate campaign fundraiser in New York City last year, Florida GOP donors paid for Greer's wife, Lisa, and Florida's first lady to head up to Manhattan a few days early, charging nearly $1,600 on the party's credit card.

It's all part of a stinging internal investigation into the scandal-rocked Florida GOP under the chairmanship of the now-indicted Greer.

While much of the report released Friday focuses on Crist and Greer -- enemies of the current party leadership -- it portrays the party of fiscal responsibility as having lacked basic financial controls and accountability.

Helpful to prominent Republicans on November's ballot -- including U.S. Senate candidate Marco Rubio, Chief Financial Officer candidate Jeff Atwater, and House Speaker-designate Dean Cannon -- it also absolves free-spending Republican politicians who only reimbursed the party for personal expenses after the media started asking questions.

Crist called the accusations ``absurd.''

``Wherever I go, I pay for it personally with my wife, and the notion that the partisan Republicans would attack the independent candidate shouldn't surprise anyone,'' Crist told reporters in Miami after taping a U.S. Senate debate. ``We're about 47 days from an election. It's pretty obvious what's going on.''

The auditors found nearly $500,000 in expenses that appeared to have little to do with party business, but cited no red flags with Republicans still in office. Among other details in the report:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/09/17/v-...z0zroTd5Ms
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2010 01:46 PM by WoodlandsOwl.)
09-18-2010 03:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Charlie went to Disney World
(09-18-2010 03:12 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  01-wingedeagle

When the families of Charlie Crist and Jim Greer spent four days vacationing together at Disney World last year, donors to the Florida Republican party picked up the $13,400 tab.

I know Disney World can be expensive. But for two families to spend $13K+ for four days at Disney, they must've been really living it up.
09-18-2010 09:29 AM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(09-18-2010 09:29 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  

I know Disney World can be expensive. But for two families to spend $13K+ for four days at Disney, they must've been really living it up.

Rooms at the Disney Grand Floridian (the top of the line Hotel on property go from $410 to $2100 per night

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts...tes-rooms/

Yes, it does cost out the wazoo to go visit a Cartoon Rodent.

We stayed at Universal Studios (on site Hotel) for 4 days at half the cost of a Disney Trip.
09-18-2010 09:38 AM
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Charlie Crist went to Disney World on a Florida GOP Credit Card...
The tea party will/should be all over this.
09-20-2010 11:31 AM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
(09-18-2010 09:38 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  

Rooms at the Disney Grand Floridian (the top of the line Hotel on property go from $410 to $2100 per night

We stayed at Universal Studios (on site Hotel) for 4 days at half the cost of a Disney Trip.

The Universal parks and hotels are muy better than the rats hole.
09-21-2010 04:45 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
(09-21-2010 04:45 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  
(09-18-2010 09:38 AM)WMD Owl Wrote:  

The Universal parks and hotels are muy better than the rats hole.

No kidding.... and the Roller Coasters at Universal are better than anything at Disney world.
09-21-2010 09:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.