Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Men's BB: New verbal for FIU
Bookmark and Share
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
Men's BB: New verbal for FIU
Darnell Harris a 6'8" Forward has verballed to FIU and Coach Thomas (those rumors about Coach jumping at any opportunity are really hurting his recruiting ability-end sarcasm). Harris is a ESPNU Top 100 player (83 overall). ESPN has the following on Harris:

Quote:Strengths:
Harris is a long combo forward. He is big enough and skilled enough to play either forward spot. He is a streaky shooter with range to 22 feet. Harris is best known for his outside shooting, which can be dynamic. He goes to the fade away in the post and can knock down shots with a hand in his face. Harris can hit the trail 3 or create a shot for himself with a 1-2 dribble pull up. He has a nice face up game from 15' with touch.

Weaknesses:
Harris needs to improve defensively when playing in space but can be solid in the lane by banging in the paint. Harris sometimes settles too much for his perimeter shot and doesn't use his length to his advantage when he has an mismatch. Harris needs to get to the line more often and continue to develop his handle to be a full time small forward. On most occasions Harris is is too far from the basket to make an impact as a offensive rebounder and needs to make a consistent effort because he could make this a strength of his game as well. He also needs to improve his handle so that he is able to create offense for himself and others.

Bottom Line:
Harris is a big, long wing with an athletic body. He is a very good shooter, though he relies on it a little too much. He has range on his jumper to 22 feet. He can do some things off the bounce but generally is just a jump shooter. He is a capable rebounder when motivated with his length and athletic ability. Harris demands attention from the defense because he can make open shots from anywhere on the floor.

The following links takes you to FIU's projected 2011 class (for those that are going to say, yeah, but they haven't signed ... In 2010, ALL of FIU's verbals eventually were signed). Of course this is all depending on Coach Thomas remaining at F I U (which we all understand) and his recruits making it on campus (get to studying boys). Both contingencies are applicable to EVERY team in the SBC.

2011 FIU Recruiting Verbals
09-15-2010 10:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
RE: Men's BB: New verbal for FIU
VERY NICE.

You know, a lot of people say that it doesn't matter how much talent IT rounds up because he can't coach.

I tend to think that if IT keeps rounding up this kind of talent then his coaching will take care of itself.
09-15-2010 05:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Agreed. Good to see that IT keeps getting fairly good recruits to commit/sign with FIU, despite what the naysayers keep arguing/wanting.
09-15-2010 10:16 PM
WestEndRaider Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: MTSU
Nice pickup for FIU, they have really recruited well these past few years.
09-16-2010 12:37 AM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

From our board:

Quote:Cedrick McAfee, a 6-2 or 6-3/180 combo guard from Memphis (TN) Melrose HS, has committed to FIU, according to sources, and to an article in scout.com. ESPN grades him with a 96 score, and ranks him as the #12 point guard in the nation, and #59 player overall in the nation, while Rivals rates him as a 4-star player, ranking him as the nation's #19 point guard and #74 overall player in the nation! Scout also rates him as 4-star and the #27 shooting guard in the country.

Isiah went for an in home visit on Sunday, according to scout.com, and secured the commitment right there from him.

McAfee had offers from Memphis, Miami, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Auburn, Cincinnatti, and Iowa State, besides FIU! So, Isiah keeps getting the national top recruits to come to OUR FIU, while the critics from other schools keep hoping he fails...LOL....What a class Isiah is bringing in folks!

http://mississippi.scout.com/a.z?s=177&p...id=4202280
09-19-2010 08:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa
Jesus, Isiah is sure reeling 'em in. Now just a question of whether he can coach them when it matters.
09-19-2010 08:44 PM
Advertisement

BirdofParadise Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-19-2010 08:44 PM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  Jesus, Isiah is sure reeling 'em in. Now just a question of whether he can coach them when it matters.

Or if he even WILL coach them.

Cause you know he's gone as soon as he gets a better offer.
09-19-2010 09:06 PM
FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
One step at a time guys. Every SBC team is subject to coaches moving to "greener" pastures. First step is commitments. Second step is signing, and third step is to actually have those players sign enroll and play. At least, contrary to what some thought, Isiah is recruiting very good...actually, much better than anybody anticipated.

Another great get by FIU and by the Sun Belt!
09-19-2010 11:27 PM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(09-19-2010 09:06 PM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  
(09-19-2010 08:44 PM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  Jesus, Isiah is sure reeling 'em in. Now just a question of whether he can coach them when it matters.

Or if he even WILL coach them.

Cause you know he's gone as soon as he gets a better offer.

It doesn't matter. An undisciplined coach breeds undisciplined players.... they will not win with this loser.

Z
09-20-2010 06:28 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

(09-20-2010 06:28 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  It doesn't matter. An undisciplined coach breeds undisciplined players.... they will not win with this loser.
Z

Just a pure hater huh Z. 04-chairshot
09-20-2010 09:06 AM
CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa
I think they're going to win a pretty good amount of games off of talent + subpar coaching alone, but they'll never quite get "there" - wherever "there" is. If he ever manages to become a good coach, they could be scary good.
09-20-2010 09:29 AM
Advertisement

FIUFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(09-20-2010 09:06 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  
(09-20-2010 06:28 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  It doesn't matter. An undisciplined coach breeds undisciplined players.... they will not win with this loser.
Z

Just a pure hater huh Z. 04-chairshot

+1. Non-stop obsession.03-banghead
09-20-2010 11:09 AM
FIU4Ever Offline

(09-20-2010 06:28 AM)zeebart21 Wrote:  I hope it doesn't matter. I think if I keep saying IT is an undisciplined coach that it will breed undisciplined players.... I pray they will not win with this loser.

Z

Fixed it for you Z!
09-20-2010 11:51 AM
zeebart21 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(09-20-2010 09:29 AM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  I think they're going to win a pretty good amount of games off of talent + subpar coaching alone, but they'll never quite get "there" - wherever "there" is. If he ever manages to become a good coach, they could be scary good.

You obviously dont know the history of this train wreck named Isiah??
09-20-2010 07:08 PM
Sun Belt Follower Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Everyone
Not so fast, guys. Ends up McAfee changed his mind.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9...2280&fhn=1
09-21-2010 09:24 AM
Paul of Troy Offline
The Man Who Watches

I Root For: Tennessee, Troy
(09-21-2010 09:24 AM)Sun Belt Follower Wrote:  Not so fast, guys. Ends up McAfee changed his mind.

Damn.
09-21-2010 09:32 AM
Advertisement

FIUFan Offline
All American

(09-21-2010 09:24 AM)Sun Belt Follower Wrote:  Not so fast, guys. Ends up McAfee changed his mind.

He hasn't "changed his mind". We already knew he was going to make those visits to Aurburn and Baylor. I would assume that he would take an 'official visit' to FIU as well. Nowhere in that report (or anywhere else) does it say he has de-committed, only that he intends to make the visits already scheduled to the other schools.

Scout is trying to make news where there is none.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2010 10:07 AM by FIUFan.)
09-21-2010 10:05 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

Please read the entire quote from his AAU coach here on ESPN:

"FIU is still a strong consideration and Cedrick look's forward to visiting the campus...".

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...ick-mcafee

He's the #59 High School player in the country add him to the #83 player in Darnell Harris and you can see this team making some noise down the road.
09-22-2010 09:25 AM
OwlFamily Offline
FLORIDA ATLANTICS DEFENDER OF THE FAITH

I Root For: FLORIDA ATLANTIC
(09-22-2010 09:25 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  Please read the entire quote from his AAU coach here on ESPN:

"FIU is still a strong consideration and Cedrick look's forward to visiting the campus...".

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...ick-mcafee

He's the #59 High School player in the country add him to the #83 player in Darnell Harris and you can see this team making some noise down the road.

IF they Commit and
IF they Qualify and
IF they make grades.

Lots of IF's there.

04-cheers
09-22-2010 09:51 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

(09-22-2010 09:51 AM)OwlFamily Wrote:  IF they Commit and
IF they Qualify and
IF they make grades.
Lots of IF's there.
04-cheers

Lot's of wishful thinking there. 04-cheers

By the way, what do you think about 2 Top-100 players coming to one Sun Belt school? And don't forget, he's got 7 more schollies to hand-out. 03-lmfao
09-22-2010 09:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.