bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Brandon Hogan Arrested for DUI
Now we know why Hogan keeps getting in Stew's doghouse... 03-banghead
WV Illustrated Wrote:Hogan Arrested for DUI
By Geoff Coyle for wvillustrated.com
Sept. 13, 2010

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. - West Virginia cornerback Brandon Hogan was arrested early Sunday morning and charged with driving under the influence.

"I am looking into the situation and am gathering the facts at this time,” WVU head coach Bill Stewart said in a statement. “I will take appropriate action when all the facts are in."

Morgantown police pulled over the three-year starter at about 3:17 a.m. Sunday morning for driving the wrong way on Spruce Street, a one-way street in downtown Morgantown. The Morgantown Police Department is located on Spruce Street.

According to the police report, filed by Patrolman Kenneth Murphey, Hogan was pulling out of the Veterans of Foreign Wars parking lot at the intersection of Spruce and Willey, then turn left down Spruce. Murphey activated his lights and siren multiple times, but the vehicle continued down Spruce, eventually turning left onto Forest Avenue before pulling into a parking lot and stopping.

Murphey says Hogan had "blood shot and glazed over eyes" and told Murphey he was trying to pick up a friend when he turned the wrong way on Spruce. Murphey's report states that he smelled the odor of alcohol on Hogan's breath and asked if he had been drinking. Hogan replied that he "had been drinking in the club, but was fine to drive."

Murphey then had Hogan step out of his vehicle to perform three standardized field sobriety tests, all of which the 22-year-old failed. That is when Murphey placed him under arrest.

Hogan, a senior from Manassas, Va., was processed and released on bond.
I wonder how many games he'll miss due to his latest episode with stupidity. It's a good thing Broderick Jenkins and Pat Miller are around to pick up the slack...
09-13-2010 03:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

RE: Brandon Hogan Arrested for DUI
what an idiot
09-13-2010 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user
buckaineer Offline
Banned

I Root For: WV Mountaineers
Not a good time for this at all with Maryland coming up.
09-13-2010 03:42 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

It ain't going to help his NFL draft status any, either...
09-13-2010 03:55 PM
Advertisement

Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
This should be interesting one for Stew...kid has a tough background and taking football/school from him may push his spiral downward, not to mention the chance at a nfl career. May be best to take the Bob Huggins/in house punishment angle IMO

Jackson
09-13-2010 05:30 PM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
Brandon Hogan is a punk...nothing new here.
09-14-2010 11:24 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Gathering facts to make a decision? Way to be decisive. Kick his butt to the curb and wash your hands of it.

Why do I sense a "you have to sit out the first series punishment" on the horizon?
09-14-2010 11:44 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

It ain't like he did a hit and run, like Pitt's Jason Douglas, who nearly killed his victim, according to early reports...
09-14-2010 11:52 AM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
(09-14-2010 11:44 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Gathering facts to make a decision? Way to be decisive. Kick his butt to the curb and wash your hands of it.

Why do I sense a "you have to sit out the first series punishment" on the horizon?

It will probably be only for the Maryland game. Stewart does as good a job as a disciplinarian as he does ensuring NCAA practice standards are adhered to.
09-14-2010 12:31 PM
CD11 Offline
I won.

I Root For: Myself
(09-14-2010 11:52 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  It ain't like he did a hit and run, like Pitt's Jason Douglas, who nearly killed his victim, according to early reports...

Wow.
09-14-2010 12:34 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

If it were me, I'd suspend him until he got his legal issues straightened out. And I'm sure the courts would push it through quicker than they would for your average citizen. But I'd make him wait until all the formalities were over...
09-14-2010 01:33 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Not surprised to see Wanny suspend RB Jason Douglas immediately who was just arrested for DUI and hit-n-run claim.

Backup Pitt RB Suspended After DUI, Hit-And-Run Claim
http://www.wpxi.com/sports/24988779/detail.html
09-14-2010 03:44 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Hogan is suspended too. For how long remains to be seen...
09-14-2010 04:52 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.