Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
When will the BE and ACC become great in football again
PusherT Offline
1st String

I Root For: Syracuse
When will the BE and ACC become great in football again
I remember 15-10 years back both the ACC and Big East were really strong in football and near the top. Lately it seems both leagues have the same problem mediocrity, lack Heismain trophy winners, lack BCS NC appearances and titles. It seem big time college football is all about Big 10/SEC/Pac 10 and Texas,OU. These thing usually go in cycles but man the Big East and ACC have been terrible or mediocre for almost 10 years now. If things stay like this the more these 2 leagues will push more and more toward Basketball IMO.
09-12-2010 03:44 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: When will the BE and ACC become great in football again
12/23/2012
09-12-2010 03:45 PM
PusherT Offline
1st String

(09-12-2010 03:45 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  12/23/2012

I hope so 03-lmfao Serious though things need to change football will never become a fan favorite in both leagues with things the way they are now.
09-12-2010 03:49 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(09-12-2010 03:44 PM)PusherT Wrote:  I remember 15-10 years back both the ACC and Big East were really strong in football and near the top.
Tell me when in the past was the ACC was a strong football conference? Outside of Florida State, there was NOBODY...
09-12-2010 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
buckaineer Offline
Banned

I Root For: WV Mountaineers
Wait a minute, since the realignment the Big East has won three BCS bowl games against the champions of the SEC, Big XII and ACC and has a strong bowl winning record over that stretch. They've performed decently against BCS competition as well over the years. This year after two weeks the Big East is struggling a bit, but look at the situation. New head coaches at Cincinnati, Louisville and USF. BE teams also are going on the road against stronger non BCS clubs like Utah and Fresno as well as playing at places like Florida. WVU and Louisville have both played rivalry games at the home field of the opponents. If you look at the other BCS conferences or specific teams doing well, they are playing mostly at home.
09-12-2010 06:01 PM
Advertisement

brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators
(09-12-2010 06:01 PM)buckaineer Wrote:  Wait a minute, since the realignment the Big East has won three BCS bowl games against the champions of the SEC, Big XII and ACC and has a strong bowl winning record over that stretch. They've performed decently against BCS competition as well over the years. This year after two weeks the Big East is struggling a bit, but look at the situation. New head coaches at Cincinnati, Louisville and USF. BE teams also are going on the road against stronger non BCS clubs like Utah and Fresno as well as playing at places like Florida. WVU and Louisville have both played rivalry games at the home field of the opponents. If you look at the other BCS conferences or specific teams doing well, they are playing mostly at home.

QFT Seriously, buck's spot on here. This year will in all likelihood be a down year for the Big East, but the last several years things have been good especially in the 2006 and 2007 seasons. Unfortunately with only 8 teams things are more up and down more often. Look at the Pac-10, USC will end up being down for a few years and Oregon has already risen in their place and Utah joining will take on that role nicely as well.
09-12-2010 06:19 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-12-2010 03:44 PM)PusherT Wrote:  I remember 15-10 years back both the ACC and Big East were really strong in football and near the top. Lately it seems both leagues have the same problem mediocrity, lack Heismain trophy winners, lack BCS NC appearances and titles. OU. IMO.

I don't think either league was ever really strong. The ACC had FSU and the lil indians, heck Fsu went something like 10 years without a ACC loss. and the BE had mainly UM, with VT doing well about 3 or 4 years and rarely anyone else would be called great.
09-13-2010 07:05 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(09-13-2010 07:05 AM)goodknightfl Wrote:  I don't think either league was ever really strong. The ACC had FSU and the lil indians, heck Fsu went something like 10 years without a ACC loss. and the BE had mainly UM, with VT doing well about 3 or 4 years and rarely anyone else would be called great.
I like the revisionist historians. Now that VT is in the ACC, it seems they were a Big East power. I never knew that. The only really good VT team I remember was the Michael Vick team, which never quite lived up to their promise. I also seem to remember WVU leads the all-time series 28-22-1, and that former WVU QB Rasheed Marshall (class of 2004) went 2-1 against the Hokies...
09-13-2010 09:04 AM
MichaelSavage Offline
Banned

I Root For: WVU, Nebraska
Miami went three years in the Big East without losing a conference game. They were the dominant program and the only legit national title contender. And the Big East was still not respected then.
09-13-2010 09:36 AM
Advertisement

buckaineer Offline
Banned

I Root For: WV Mountaineers
Miami beat a heck of alot of non conference opponents of the name variety while in the Big East as well. The pundits never gave the Big East any credit. Same for VT and even BC--but as soon as they went to the ACC? Oh these are great teams--heck the same BC team that could barely find the rankings in the Big East suddenly became an annual top 20 team for the first few seasons there. VT as well. Same records in the Big East with Miami there? Little to no recognition nationally except for the Vick period for VT.
09-13-2010 03:57 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(09-13-2010 09:36 AM)MichaelSavage Wrote:  Miami went three years in the Big East without losing a conference game. They were the dominant program and the only legit national title contender. And the Big East was still not respected then.
That's been obvious about media perception since the inception of Big East football. Outside of Penn State, Pitt, BC, and Syracuse, who has respected any other teams in the east since WWII?
09-13-2010 04:04 PM
Jackson1011 Online

I Root For:
(09-13-2010 03:57 PM)buckaineer Wrote:  Miami beat a heck of alot of non conference opponents of the name variety while in the Big East as well. The pundits never gave the Big East any credit. Same for VT and even BC--but as soon as they went to the ACC? Oh these are great teams--heck the same BC team that could barely find the rankings in the Big East suddenly became an annual top 20 team for the first few seasons there. VT as well. Same records in the Big East with Miami there? Little to no recognition nationally except for the Vick period for VT.

+100

And before the BE you heard that the Eastern Indpendents besides penn st were horrible. This has been going on for years and years

Jackson
09-13-2010 05:21 PM
Bearcats#1 Online
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
they both look like the suck so far this year....ouch
09-13-2010 05:57 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

The season ain't over yet either. Everyone is too quick to write us off. People look for reasons every season, and some of them are conference fans. But it ain't over til it's over...
09-13-2010 06:04 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-12-2010 06:01 PM)buckaineer Wrote:  Wait a minute, since the realignment the Big East has won three BCS bowl games against the champions of the SEC, Big XII and ACC and has a strong bowl winning record over that stretch. They've performed decently against BCS competition as well over the years. This year after two weeks the Big East is struggling a bit, but look at the situation. New head coaches at Cincinnati, Louisville and USF. BE teams also are going on the road against stronger non BCS clubs like Utah and Fresno as well as playing at places like Florida. WVU and Louisville have both played rivalry games at the home field of the opponents. If you look at the other BCS conferences or specific teams doing well, they are playing mostly at home.

I think the BE had done ok. But they NEVER have been great. It was the U show and than the rest of the gang. Same was true in ACC, It was never great. It was FSU and the the lil sisters of the south.
09-13-2010 06:14 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(09-13-2010 06:14 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  

I think the BE had done ok. But they NEVER have been great. It was the U show and than the rest of the gang. Same was true in ACC, It was never great. It was FSU and the the lil sisters of the south.

While Syracuse and VT were in the BE, Miami never came close to dominating the BE the way that FSU dominated the acc. Unlike the acc, at least VT and SU and sometimes WV and BC challenged Miami.
09-13-2010 07:11 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville
04-jawdrop When they merge! 04-rock

Northern Division
Boston College
U Conn
Syracuse
Rutgers
Pittsburgh
Maryland
West Virginia
Cincinnati
Louisville
Virginia Tech

Southern Division
Virginia
Wake Forest
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Clemson
George Tech
Florida State
South Florida
Miami

04-cheers[/color]
09-13-2010 09:30 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.