Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Burn baby burn!!!
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Burn baby burn!!!
Trying to understand Social Liberals:

A crucifix in a bottle of urine is not only ACCEPTABLE free speech, it's ART!!! Not only art, but art that qualifies for federal funding (the Mapplethorpe exhibit).

Building a Mosque aka a monument to the source of the 9-11 attack two blocks from the attack location is acceptable although POSSIBLY insensitive.

Burning a bunch of Qurans is careless, reckless behavior, bordering on a hate crime.

I see the burning of the Qurans for what it is, an act to show that America will not live in fear of what the extremists might do. Shame on those who condemn this but call similar acts involving other religions "Free Speech".
09-08-2010 05:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
RE: Burn baby burn!!!
Stated otherwise, Douchebag A =~ Douchebag B. Very profound.
09-08-2010 11:11 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(09-08-2010 05:56 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Trying to understand Social Liberals:

A crucifix in a bottle of urine is not only ACCEPTABLE free speech, it's ART!!! Not only art, but art that qualifies for federal funding (the Mapplethorpe exhibit).

Building a Mosque aka a monument to the source of the 9-11 attack two blocks from the attack location is acceptable although POSSIBLY insensitive.

Burning a bunch of Qurans is careless, reckless behavior, bordering on a hate crime.

I see the burning of the Qurans for what it is, an act to show that America will not live in fear of what the extremists might do. Shame on those who condemn this but call similar acts involving other religions "Free Speech".

Allow me to lay some libertarianism (social liberal, fiscal conservative) on ya ...

Do you live in New York City?

If No: It's none of your g*****n business. Just like how New Yorkers don't tell you how you should be zoning where you live.

If Yes: It's still none of your g*****n business. Private property rights are essential to freedom. If you want to protest, buy an adjoining property and dedicate it to an alternative viewpoint.

Burning the (Quran? Koran?) ... protected free speech, though perhaps performed by somebody who has some bigotry issues. They could make their point in a better way.

A crucifix in a bottle of urine ... protected free speech, though perhaps performed by somebody who has some bigotry issues. They could make their point in a better way.

CLASS DISMISSED.
09-08-2010 11:33 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
private property rights are among the most important rights we have, thus they have every right to build that mosque. That being said, they should probably be more sensitive. If they really cared about peace and assimilation they'd build it somewhere else.
09-09-2010 11:00 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
(09-09-2010 11:00 AM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  private property rights are among the most important rights we have, thus they have every right to build that mosque. That being said, they should probably be more sensitive. If they really cared about peace and assimilation they'd build it somewhere else.

...but they don't.
09-09-2010 11:08 AM
Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(09-09-2010 11:08 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(09-09-2010 11:00 AM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  private property rights are among the most important rights we have, thus they have every right to build that mosque. That being said, they should probably be more sensitive. If they really cared about peace and assimilation they'd build it somewhere else.

...but they don't.

i realize that. it's just sad that other people don't. there are so many stupid people in this country who are under the impression that we don't think they should be allowed to build it. This has nothing to do with rights and everything to do with respect
09-09-2010 11:23 AM
Advertisement

aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(09-08-2010 11:33 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(09-08-2010 05:56 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Trying to understand Social Liberals:

Allow me to lay some libertarianism (social liberal, fiscal conservative) on ya ...

Do you live in New York City?

If No: It's none of your g*****n business. Just like how New Yorkers don't tell you how you should be zoning where you live.

If Yes: It's still none of your g*****n business. Private property rights are essential to freedom. If you want to protest, buy an adjoining property and dedicate it to an alternative viewpoint.

Burning the (Quran? Koran?) ... protected free speech, though perhaps performed by somebody who has some bigotry issues. They could make their point in a better way.

A crucifix in a bottle of urine ... protected free speech, though perhaps performed by somebody who has some bigotry issues. They could make their point in a better way.

CLASS DISMISSED.

+1
09-09-2010 06:15 PM
WoodlandsOwl Offline
Up in the Woods

New Orleans Bowl
I seriously think some sort of Hell is going to break out in Florida and/or New York City on Saturday.

Suicide Bomb attacks, Terrorist gunbattles, etc. People are pissed off, on both sides.

It isn't going to be pretty, and none of these jackwads are going tor back down.

The "Deal" of "I won't burn the Korans if they won't build the Mosque" was total BS.
09-09-2010 07:21 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
(09-09-2010 07:21 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  I seriously think some sort of Hell is going to break out in Florida and/or New York City on Saturday.

Suicide Bomb attacks, Terrorist gunbattles, etc. People are pissed off, on both sides.

It isn't going to be pretty, and none of these jackwads are going tor back down.

The "Deal" of "I won't burn the Korans if they won't build the Mosque" was total BS.

Yup. It seems it was a lie or at least an exaggeration.
09-09-2010 09:07 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest

If it could be proven that building this Mosque would cause and eminent threat to national security...could the government using the WPA and Constitution..stop its construction?05-stirthepot

those in power love to use the "eminent threat" excuse for interventionism...Why not in this case and the case of the fool pastor wanting to burn cellulose materials.?05-stirthepot
09-09-2010 10:26 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(09-09-2010 10:26 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

If it could be proven that building this Mosque would cause and eminent threat to national security...could the government using the WPA and Constitution..stop its construction?05-stirthepot

those in power love to use the "eminent threat" excuse for interventionism...Why not in this case and the case of the fool pastor wanting to burn cellulose materials.?05-stirthepot

maybe they could, i don't know. you do realize that your conspiracy theory attitude is the reason why so many americans are sheep and don't share your views (which i believe are the correct viewpoints), don't you? it's the reason so many people dislike religious people
09-09-2010 11:17 PM
Advertisement

Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(09-09-2010 11:17 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

maybe they could, i don't know. you do realize that your conspiracy theory attitude is the reason why so many americans are sheep and don't share your views (which i believe are the correct viewpoints), don't you? it's the reason so many people dislike religious people

The only conspiracy that I believe involves the goal of those in power to control YOU and I. There is almost not doubt that this conspiracy exists and the evidence is everywhere one cares to look.03-lmfao

I only bring up this to show the inconsistent nature of the application of policies that we supposedly hold "so dear" not to voice an opinion against religion. I personally have no problem with people of faith as long as they apply the axiom of non aggression to their lives.
09-09-2010 11:38 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(09-09-2010 11:38 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

The only conspiracy that I believe involves the goal of those in power to control YOU and I. There is almost not doubt that this conspiracy exists and the evidence is everywhere one cares to look.03-lmfao

I only bring up this to show the inconsistent nature of the application of policies that we supposedly hold "so dear" not to voice an opinion against religion. I personally have no problem with people of faith as long as they apply the axiom of non aggression to their lives.

conspiracy theory was the wrong term. i should've said it's the conspiratorial nature in which you speak. Do i agree with what you say? Yes. The problem is, when you say stuff like "the goal of those in power to control YOU and I," you don't make the message very palatable to the masses. Like i said before, it's the same reason people don't like religious people. My mom is a hardcore christian and always makes comments about Jesus and God, which turns people off. She's not some kook who's trying to proselytize people, she's just a nice person who loves God, but she doesn't realize that the way she speaks about it, turns people off. What i'm trying to say is, you speak the way you do and obama speaks the way he does and then you're amazed when so many people are sheep. It's not a surprise
09-10-2010 09:08 AM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(09-09-2010 07:21 PM)WMD Owl Wrote:  I seriously think some sort of Hell is going to break out in Florida and/or New York City on Saturday.

This does seem to be the current below the waves.

My bizarro world time travel future reporting predicts the following headlines.
  • Tea Party racist gives dirty look to Sikh gas station attendent, riots in Pakistan kill 40,000 in response.
  • "Youths" open fire at Jewish center in Miami, Tea Party to blame because of internet postings.
  • Bomb fizzles and does not explode in Chicago. Swarthy man arrested while holding fizzling bomb, had one-way ticket to Yemen. Tea Party extremist protesting health care blamed.

09-10-2010 09:21 AM
I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(09-09-2010 09:07 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  

Yup. It seems it was a lie or at least an exaggeration.

What I don't get is whether the Pastor is a fool that he misunderstood what was told to him, naive in believing that someone with no relationship whatsoever with the group in New York could make a promise about that mosque, or a liar in that he is just misrepresenting the entire story. My bet is all three.

(09-10-2010 09:21 AM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  My bizarro world time travel future reporting predicts the following headlines.
  • Tea Party racist gives dirty look to Sikh gas station attendent, riots in Pakistan kill 40,000 in response.
  • "Youths" open fire at Jewish center in Miami, Tea Party to blame because of internet postings.
  • Bomb fizzles and does not explode in Chicago. Swarthy man arrested while holding fizzling bomb, had one-way ticket to Yemen. Tea Party extremist protesting health care blamed.

Of course, Sikhs are neither Muslim nor Pakistani (but I expect that you know this, and it really is inconsequential to your point ... I guess that Sikhs are Punjabi, but would expect they all got out of Pakistani Punjab as soon as possible ... there are over 30 times as many Sikhs here as in Pakistan). The more appropriate response in Pakistan would probably be for them to burn a Sikh village in Kashmir or another region of India.
09-10-2010 12:15 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline

Balance of Power Contest
(09-10-2010 09:08 AM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(09-09-2010 11:38 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

conspiracy theory was the wrong term. i should've said it's the conspiratorial nature in which you speak. Do i agree with what you say? Yes. The problem is, when you say stuff like "the goal of those in power to control YOU and I," you don't make the message very palatable to the masses. Like i said before, it's the same reason people don't like religious people. My mom is a hardcore christian and always makes comments about Jesus and God, which turns people off. She's not some kook who's trying to proselytize people, she's just a nice person who loves God, but she doesn't realize that the way she speaks about it, turns people off. What i'm trying to say is, you speak the way you do and obama speaks the way he does and then you're amazed when so many people are sheep. It's not a surprise

Yes..I understand. Lets be frank. Religion also has a control factor involved and there are lots of people that get turned off hearing Christians expound on "how one should live their lives"...especially when stuff like Priests diddling young boys come to light.
09-10-2010 12:43 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Quote:conspiracy theory was the wrong term. i should've said it's the conspiratorial nature in which you speak. Do i agree with what you say? Yes. The problem is, when you say stuff like "the goal of those in power to control YOU and I," you don't make the message very palatable to the masses. Like i said before, it's the same reason people don't like religious people. My mom is a hardcore christian and always makes comments about Jesus and God, which turns people off. She's not some kook who's trying to proselytize people, she's just a nice person who loves God, but she doesn't realize that the way she speaks about it, turns people off. What i'm trying to say is, you speak the way you do and obama speaks the way he does and then you're amazed when so many people are sheep. It's not a surprise
Quote:Yes..I understand. Lets be frank. Religion also has a control factor involved and there are lots of people that get turned off hearing Christians expound on "how one should live their lives"...especially when stuff like Priests diddling young boys come to light.

comparing christians and catholics is like night and day. catholics are ridiculous. it's like a cult
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 02:19 PM by flyingswoosh.)
09-10-2010 02:18 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(09-10-2010 02:18 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
Quote:conspiracy theory was the wrong term. i should've said it's the conspiratorial nature in which you speak. Do i agree with what you say? Yes. The problem is, when you say stuff like "the goal of those in power to control YOU and I," you don't make the message very palatable to the masses. Like i said before, it's the same reason people don't like religious people. My mom is a hardcore christian and always makes comments about Jesus and God, which turns people off. She's not some kook who's trying to proselytize people, she's just a nice person who loves God, but she doesn't realize that the way she speaks about it, turns people off. What i'm trying to say is, you speak the way you do and obama speaks the way he does and then you're amazed when so many people are sheep. It's not a surprise
Quote:Yes..I understand. Lets be frank. Religion also has a control factor involved and there are lots of people that get turned off hearing Christians expound on "how one should live their lives"...especially when stuff like Priests diddling young boys come to light.

comparing christians and catholics is like night and day. catholics are ridiculous. it's like a cult

Got your ass kicked on the football field in HS?
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2010 02:33 PM by SuperFlyBCat.)
09-10-2010 02:33 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
(09-10-2010 12:15 PM)I45owl Wrote:  Of course, Sikhs are neither Muslim nor Pakistani (but I expect that you know this, and it really is inconsequential to your point ... I guess that Sikhs are Punjabi, but would expect they all got out of Pakistani Punjab as soon as possible ... there are over 30 times as many Sikhs here as in Pakistan). The more appropriate response in Pakistan would probably be for them to burn a Sikh village in Kashmir or another region of India.

Yeah, I was trying to be a bit too clever. My point (so unclearly made) was more along the lines of "average white guys looks funny at non-Islamic swarthy male, un-related Muslims riot anyway."

I feel the same way, the undercurrent of hte krazy right now is wide and deep.
09-10-2010 03:00 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(09-10-2010 02:33 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(09-10-2010 02:18 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  

Got your ass kicked on the football field in HS?

never been in a fight, so i think the answer is no
09-10-2010 03:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.